collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Screw the regs, no bag limits, no license required - I'm a Wolf  (Read 13771 times)

Offline Dave Workman

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Screw the regs, no bag limits, no license required - I'm a Wolf
« on: October 25, 2011, 07:56:07 AM »
The Washington Department of NO Fish and WATCHABLE Wildlife can toss their 120-page regs pamphlet. It means nothing to me anymore.
 ;)
I am a wolf. A predator. Henceforth, I will hunt the year 'round, night or day, and if I leave a carcass here or there to rot, consider it my form of "wealth redistribution" to crows, coyotes, other carrion eaters, even the flies and maggots.

I am a wolf. Antler restrictions don't apply. Whether I'm motoring around the Colockum, driving up Taneum Creek, cruising along Highway 202 between North Bend and Snoqualmie, if I see a deer or elk, I will kill it, no matter what time of the year, or the day. Speaking of that growing herd between North Bend and Snoqualmie, I figure the state owes me a few elk for all the years I've faithfully hunted and been skunked. So I'll start taking my due, and if it offends the tourists and wildlife watchers, too bad. This is nature we're talking about. I want to eat elk, I know where to find a lot of them, for I am a wolf.  :drool:

I am a mountain lion. I will kill two healthy mule deer per week between now and next June, and if I can't score enough mule deer, I'll head to Colville and kill whitetails or cross the pass and wander down the Nooksack Valley and kill blacktails. On my meanderings, I'll kill a few elk, too.

I am a wolf. I am the ultimate "master hunter" and don't have to enroll in a program to prove it.

I don't apply for permits, I will cross anybody's fences and if someday I'm in the mood for a good beef steak....

:devil: :hunter: :bfg: :cue:

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence

Offline predatorpro

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Sourdough
Re: Screw the regs, no bag limits, no license required - I'm a Wolf
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 07:58:57 AM »
lmao too much truth too that

Offline Wenatcheejay

• Past Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 08:34:10 AM »
((((Dave))) ((((DAVE))))  (((((((DAVE!))))  Wake Up! you were dreaming again, sorry you are still a castrated male, subject to her Queen and it is "The Queens Deer" not the "People's Deer." Now sit back and watch as she ruins this State.  :sry:

The good news is there is so much insane policy out there it very well may bring it all to it's knees. I used to worry, now I look forward to it. The greatest thing to me would be to see the Pension Funds raided for all the people who are doing this.
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

Offline Dave Workman

• Forum Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 08:58:00 AM »
((((Dave))) ((((DAVE))))  (((((((DAVE!))))  Wake Up! you were dreaming again, sorry you are still a castrated male, subject to her Queen and it is "The Queens Deer" not the "People's Deer." Now sit back and watch as she ruins this State.  :sry:

The good news is there is so much insane policy out there it very well may bring it all to it's knees. I used to worry, now I look forward to it. The greatest thing to me would be to see the Pension Funds raided for all the people who are doing this.

Oh, no...I'm a full-plumbed Alpha male.  :guns: And they are MY deer. I've certainly paid enough for them in license and tag fees over the years...so I am merely claiming what's due me. I have no interest in pension funds, just full freezers.

The elk that come on my property and eat my trees are MY elk. (When I reported spotting two wolves over on the Devil's Table a few years ago to a guy at the WDFW, his first words were "They're not ours," so I'm just taking up the obvious slack in ownership assignments. Not his wolves, definitely my elk. See how well that balances out?)

Get set for "deermaggedon."

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 09:04:54 AM »

Oh, no...I'm a full-plumbed Alpha male.  :guns: And they are MY deer. I've certainly paid enough for them in license and tag fees over the years...so I am merely claiming what's due me. I have no interest in pension funds, just full freezers.

The elk that come on my property and eat my trees are MY elk. (When I reported spotting two wolves over on the Devil's Table a few years ago to a guy at the WDFW, his first words were "They're not ours," so I'm just taking up the obvious slack in ownership assignments. Not his wolves, definitely my elk. See how well that balances out?)

How recent have you seen or heard wolves at or near devils table?  (This is the same devils table in the bethel?)
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline Dave Workman

• Forum Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 09:21:21 AM »

How recent have you seen or heard wolves at or near devils table?  (This is the same devils table in the bethel?)

That's the place. I haven't been up there in a few years. This sighting was on opening day of elk season in 2004, and I had a pretty good look at the two critters from about 250-300 yards, with a pair of really good binoculars. To answer the obvious question: These animals definitely were NOT just large coyotes. IIRC, I estimated them to be in the 85-95 lb range at the time.

They were actually following the trail of a cow elk that had passed by about 20 minutes before. It was damned fascinating, actually, and apparently, according to the guy I spoke with at the time in Oly, there had been reports of wolves up in that general area.

Why do you ask? You been up there lately? The road from the Nile side has been blocked, apparently due to a slide or some kind of damage last winter.

Offline Wenatcheejay

• Past Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 10:09:01 AM »

:tup:   On Them All  :pee:
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 10:40:59 AM »

That's the place. I haven't been up there in a few years. This sighting was on opening day of elk season in 2004, and I had a pretty good look at the two critters from about 250-300 yards, with a pair of really good binoculars. To answer the obvious question: These animals definitely were NOT just large coyotes. IIRC, I estimated them to be in the 85-95 lb range at the time.

They were actually following the trail of a cow elk that had passed by about 20 minutes before. It was damned fascinating, actually, and apparently, according to the guy I spoke with at the time in Oly, there had been reports of wolves up in that general area.

Why do you ask? You been up there lately? The road from the Nile side has been blocked, apparently due to a slide or some kind of damage last winter.

I was up there just after the muzzy season ended and east of table about maybe 1.5 to 2 miles or so and I was letting out some hot calls and heard some distant calling back and when I made the hike further in just north of my location towards the bottom of my location about 60 or 70 yards maybe I heard some howling and growling that didn't sound like any coyotes I heard.  They sounded more deeper and longer carrying than high pitched. 

I sent some more calls hoping to see what they were but after about 30 seconds it got real quiet and I positioned myself near the edge looking down and across to see if they would run up or across but nothing.  After that didn't here any calling in the area rest of the day and didn't see anything walking around either.

It may or may not have been coyotes and I can't honestly say because I didn't see them, only heard them.  It would have been nice to get a glimpse and if they were yotes I would've brought one or more home so the trip wasn't entirely for nothing. 
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline colockumelk

• Frontiersman
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 12:31:21 PM »
I have a question.  If the WDFW didn't plant them and they are not there because the state wanted them there.  And lets say the wolf hippies planted them there, then they are there illegally and thus if you shot one you couldn't be prosecuted.  Technically they are just wild dogs chasing and killing game which legally you can shoot.  That is if you somehow got caught which would be a 1/1,000,000 chance of happening. 
"We Sleep Safe In Our Beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would do us harm."
Author: George Orwell

Offline Helix

• Tracker of the most dangerous game
  • Scout
    • https://www.facebook.com/Hardwaylearnt
    • My Youtube channel www.youtube.com/hardwaylearnt
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 12:50:45 PM »
I have a question.  If the WDFW didn't plant them and they are not there because the state wanted them there.  And lets say the wolf hippies planted them there, then they are there illegally and thus if you shot one you couldn't be prosecuted.  Technically they are just wild dogs chasing and killing game which legally you can shoot.  That is if you somehow got caught which would be a 1/1,000,000 chance of happening.

Mmmm...  Actually I don't think the chances are that remote of being caught.  Several folks have been prosecuted for Wolf killing... unless you are saying several million wolves are being killed in the lower 48 this logic does not hold.  We live in a world where eyes are everywhere.  Fish and game officials can place game cameras along roads and areas to catch wolf sign they surely can catch your license plates and face too.  Line that up with a dead wolf and some balistics evidence/foot prints or whatever and you are in the slammer for a few years.   :bdid:
Such is life in the West and the further West the more the such.

www.YouTube.com/hardwaylearnt

Offline KillBilly

• Frontiersman
  • I kill therefore I Am
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 01:00:20 PM »
The Washington Department of NO Fish and WATCHABLE Wildlife can toss their 120-page regs pamphlet. It means nothing to me anymore.
 ;)
I am a wolf. A predator. Henceforth, I will hunt the year 'round, night or day, and if I leave a carcass here or there to rot, consider it my form of "wealth redistribution" to crows, coyotes, other carrion eaters, even the flies and maggots.

I am a wolf. Antler restrictions don't apply. Whether I'm motoring around the Colockum, driving up Taneum Creek, cruising along Highway 202 between North Bend and Snoqualmie, if I see a deer or elk, I will kill it, no matter what time of the year, or the day. Speaking of that growing herd between North Bend and Snoqualmie, I figure the state owes me a few elk for all the years I've faithfully hunted and been skunked. So I'll start taking my due, and if it offends the tourists and wildlife watchers, too bad. This is nature we're talking about. I want to eat elk, I know where to find a lot of them, for I am a wolf.  :drool:

I am a mountain lion. I will kill two healthy mule deer per week between now and next June, and if I can't score enough mule deer, I'll head to Colville and kill whitetails or cross the pass and wander down the Nooksack Valley and kill blacktails. On my meanderings, I'll kill a few elk, too.

I am a wolf. I am the ultimate "master hunter" and don't have to enroll in a program to prove it.

I don't apply for permits, I will cross anybody's fences and if someday I'm in the mood for a good beef steak....

:devil: :hunter: :bfg: :cue:

Not at all fair Dave... you come along as a Wolf and try to pretend that you are going to do something that We Bears and those long tail critters have been doing forever... Forget it, get in line and watch how it's done. WDFW regs have never phased us either.   :dunno:
Some people spend their entire life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem.
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother.

Offline Dave Workman

• Forum Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2011, 01:04:10 PM »

Well, you COULD be prosecuted because wolves are protected under both state and federal law in central and western Washington, and state law in far eastern Washington. However, if you killed them in self-defense, then tht's a whole 'nother question.

But your legal technicalities have nothing to do with my intention to kill every deer and elk I encounter. The state understands that I hunt. That's what I do to eat and it's pretty well documented. In theory, the state has a sort of moral obligation to see to it that my needs as a hunter/killer are met. The state can make all kinds of B.S. arguments about seasons and bag limits but I'm a predator and I don't really give a (insert vulgar four-letter word here) about their rules. My rules count and I don't have an elk or deer in the larder, and in my predatory mind, the state hasn't lived up to its end of the bargain.

I don't care about antler points (I don't eat antlers), and I don't really care about seasons (I'm a wolf, I don't read a calendar), and I even have played by the rules up to now. But that is finished. I'm a wolf. I play by my rules. I may drive a vehicle. I may do my killing with a firearm because I don't have four legs and don't run so fast anymore on the two I do have, and I only howl after a few snorts of Who Hit John. But I'm still a predator/killer/hunter and my needs to hunt and kill have not been adequately met. Since I'm a wolf, I don't hire attorneys nor do I go to court. I just go out in the wilds and start squaring the books, as it were, and I have a lot of catching up to do.

Offline bassquatch

• AKA: Porter's Pursuits on YouTube to help you catch more bass!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • Something clever.
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2011, 12:51:10 PM »
Amen brother!  :chuckle:

Perhaps we could form a "pack"?! I intend to do the same thing once this reaches critical mass...also plan on shooting every 'suped-up coyote' I see in my travels in this or any other State!! I know how to operate a shovel and wear a mask and hang a fake license plate on my truck that reads "PHA-Q"!!! Hope the Washington Department of F'n Whiners enjoys the "trail cam" pics they will see of me....if I see one of their cams when I'm out rest assured they will get a great photo of my unit as I piss on it!

I have also thought of implementing a year round Subaru Season, or mountain bike season? Instead of racks we could post pics of the best handlebars...

I'm not angry about this at all.  :bash: :bash: :bash:

AKA: Porter's Pursuits on YouTube to help you catch more bass!

Offline BOWHUNTER45

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Explorer
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 02:01:58 PM »
Pretty much what I am saying ....and everyone else I know  :dunno: just kill it and grill it  :chuckle: :sry: :dunno:

Offline mtman

• Scout
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 02:04:44 PM »
Just shoot them and walk away. Chances of getting caught pretty slim.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]