collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: nile paper says muck's shot 140+/- deer last weekend?  (Read 61566 times)

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
Re: nile paper says muck's shot 140+/- deer last weekend?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 08:50:44 PM »
Was Bruce the warden you talked to and did the vein in his forehead pop out when you guys started talking about the tribal hunting???
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline phishisgroovin

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 08:57:35 PM »
That was the Washington Supreme Court’s 1999 precedent-setting ruling in State v. Buchanan. The case stemmed from a January 1995 incident in which three members of the Nooksack Tribe in northwest Washington were found on state land within the Oak Creek Wildlife Area loading two bull elk into the bed of a pickup

if they hunted it in pre treaty times, then they should GET OVER there in pre treaty ways. WALK or ride a horse.
TANNERITE needed for target practice on opening day of each hunting season.

Offline jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 08:59:08 PM »
Washington :bash: :bash:

Offline 270Shooter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 09:06:24 PM »
I have a hard time believing that number, maybe the whole last season. But all before this modrn opener? No way. Are we talking bucks only? or bucks and does? I'm sure they shoot more deer than they probably should, especially in that herd thats already been hammered the last few years. I don't understand why they feel like they need to shoot the piss out of the deer and elk around here.

Until we get this whole thing figured out, or the eastside goes permit only I think I'm done with big game in WA, I'll go to montana, and kill some ducks around here :tup:

Offline hughjorgan

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 09:19:55 PM »
The article is in the Yakima herald under the outdoors section, titled Hunting season all about location, location, location. It was written October 10 th.

A quote from the article stated, "On top of that, muckleshoot tribal hunters harvested 130 bucks in the Yakima area Last fall and winter. Muckleshoot tribal regulations Don't include antler restrictions, so many of the younger bucks, which would make up many of the 3 point or better bucks this year, just won't be there for hunters this year."

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 09:37:07 PM »
 It wasn't just deer.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline igotbigbulls

• Scout
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 09:43:58 PM »
some hunting regs:

The goal of the Wildlife Program is to assist in the perpetuation of game resources within both the Point Elliott and Medicine Creek treaty reserved areas, and within traditional hunting areas for current and future generations of Muckleshoot Tribal members.  The Muckleshoot Wildlife Members and Wildlife Program staff accomplish this goal by conducting research on local game populations and working with local landowners to develop suitable habitat for these populations.

The following information is related to the services offered by the Wildlife Program:

Hunting Tags:  Tags are $5 each, and free to elders age 50 and older. Designated hunters are automatically approved for woman and elders, so if you know who you want to hunt for you, then come to our office and get your tags.  If at any time you have questions regarding your tags, please call me. 

Opening Seasons:
            Bear/Cougar: January 1st

Deer: August 1st, (no you may not get tags the day before, unless the 1st falls on
            the weekend)

Elk: September 15 (one per household)

Meat Requests:  Meat requests are automatically approved for tribal member memorials and funerals. All others are decided upon at the Muckleshoot Wildlife Committee meeting. There is an application to fill out, or please contact myself with the information. There are no "hardship" requests approved. 
Designated Hunters:  Designated hunters are chosen by tribal members, and are automatically approved if they do not have any outstanding fines or other issues with our department. Staff is not responsible for making sure your hunter fills your tags, and you are responsible for any payments in regards to processing your filled tags. I do have a list in my office for people who do not know anyone in the area, and I can add your name, and hope that a hunter comes in and wants to hunt.
The Enforcement Section is staffed by an enforcement officer and four Muckleshoot Tribal members that are responsible for ensuring that Muckleshoot Hunters comply with the Tribal Council approved Hunting Ordinance and Hunting Regulations, annually approved by the Muckleshoot Wildlife Committee.  Enforcement staff is also responsible for the care of the tribal hounds used for management control purposes.

The Muckleshoot Wildlife Committee also is now offering a $1000 reward for the successful prosecution of Tribal members poaching.  Please contact any Enforcement or Wildlife Program staff if you have any information.  Also, please note that by not turning in the illegal harvest of animals, you are perpetuating the cycle of behavior that will lead to the decrease of the herds, especially those on the White River. Please help us in ensuring that the future generations of Muckleshoot Tribal members will have resources to hunt.

The Wildlife staff works to ensure wildlife resources, that Tribal members rely on, are healthy and sustainable. To accomplish this they survey and conduct studies of game animals.  Staff also propose and implement management approaches to meet herd goals.

One of the key components to increasing deer and elk numbers is to make sure the habitat that they require is abundant and easy to obtain.  We work to accomplish this by meeting with numerous agencies and private companies to help create, enhance and preserve big game habitat. The Wildlife Program also reviews forest practice applications, land use policies, and environmental documents that may diminish or alter available habitat for big game.

Always loved warm guts on a cold morning

Offline igotbigbulls

• Scout
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2011, 09:54:58 PM »
im here to defend my family that are muckleshoot. looks like the start of another one of "those" threads

Offline 7mag.

• Blacktail Hunter
  • Frontiersman
  • YAR member
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2011, 10:09:12 PM »
im here to defend my family that are muckleshoot. looks like the start of another one of "those" threads

Do you know why "those" threads come up all the time? Maybe you should think about it. Stereo types don't come by accident.
Semper Fi. USMC

Offline igotbigbulls

• Scout
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2011, 10:14:38 PM »
a tribe of less than 4000 who a small percentage of hunt kill off all the animals? come on man. tribal members like myself are fed up with the non factual comments. like 140 deer killed last weekend. all races have stereo types that man has labled them with. lets just hunt.

Offline 7mag.

• Blacktail Hunter
  • Frontiersman
  • YAR member
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2011, 10:17:35 PM »
a tribe of less than 4000 who a small percentage of hunt kill off all the animals? come on man. tribal members like myself are fed up with the non factual comments. like 140 deer killed last weekend. all races have stereo types that man has labled them with. lets just hunt.

Sure, lets all just hunt.

Hey, can you guys save a few for the rest of us, for when our season opens? Thanks in advance.
Semper Fi. USMC

Offline willie_81

• Pilgrim
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2011, 10:18:55 PM »
Honestly why should your family or any other tribal people for that matter have more hunting rights than anyone who is not tribal? I understand you guys where here first but that was what, 300 years ago? And what is the point of harvesting some crazy amount of deer when there's a large chance it wont all be used? And there sure as H*** are some other people that need it way more then they do.

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 10:25:04 PM »
Hate to say I told you so but guess what, its back.  I mentioned it in the other post and sure enough it cycled around and here it is.
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

Offline igotbigbulls

• Scout
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2011, 10:28:29 PM »
yup. another one of those threads. who are you to say that the meat probably wont be used? if you need meat so bad i ll share some steaks with ya. thread after thread people see all these truck loads of dear and elk. yet no pics or proof of it. all the talk and no pics is the number one no no on this site. you would think with as many accusations there have been people would start taking pics.

Offline igotbigbulls

• Scout
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 10:29:29 PM »
hey plat. good to see ya. you have a much better way of explaining things than i do.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Woodchuck
[Today at 07:05:51 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by duckmen1
[Today at 06:52:09 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by gramps
[Today at 06:50:22 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by jrebel
[Today at 06:27:01 AM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter