collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Please Report Problems & Bugs Here  (Read 357130 times)

Online bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
Re: Please Report Problems & Bugs Here
« Reply #885 on: August 29, 2013, 06:03:54 PM »
Anybody know a website IT guy for Dale to hire, this is beyond ridiculous.

Looking from the outside I can see why you might think the way you do, however, I can assure you I have retained the most knowledgeable people available for SMF which requires quite different knowledge than the average IT guy would possess.

We tried to run the forum last night while we backed up files, it was too much load and caused server failure. We paid the price for trying to keep it online while backing up files.

What we experienced initially was simply a hardware failure. Nobody has control over that. If I had faster internet service to my location I would have my computer guy in MN get me a brand new Cadillac server, however, until the fiber optic lines are completed into our area we are simply stuck with outside server hosting and I don't think we get brand new equipment with outside hosting. I've tried to run a server in my house in the past and found that the internet service in this area is not quick enough. I recently changed to a new hosting company and in spite of the server failures we've experienced during the last few weeks we are receiving the best service we've had since Ray left, but like I said, there was a hardware failure, that can happen to anyone. They did just replace some hardware after backing up our files (it takes a long time to back up files due to all the photos on this site) but hopefully we are good for a long while.

I'm very sorry about the inconvenience to everyone, hopefully we have a good piece of equipment now.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline RadSav

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #886 on: August 29, 2013, 06:41:12 PM »
No worries.  I got a whole lot more work done than I normally do when the site is up :chuckle:
He asked, Do you ever give a short simple answer?  I replied, "Nope."

Offline Buckmark

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #887 on: October 31, 2013, 08:48:09 AM »
Intermittantly the past few days when i refresh or receive a pm and go to view it i have to log in again?
Also i have had to log in a few times when first opening the forum, but i am logged in forever.
Never had this issue before??
To hunt and butcher an animal is to recognize that meat is not some abstract form of protein that springs into existence tightly wrapped in cellophane and styrofoam.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #888 on: January 20, 2014, 04:21:32 PM »
Currently my "New Replies to post" scheen is frozen with all the same 5 replies all showing the "old/frozen" post count. cannot open cannot mark as read.  :twocents:
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Please Report Problems &amp; Bugs Here
« Reply #889 on: January 20, 2014, 04:51:31 PM »

Currently my "New Replies to post" scheen is frozen with all the same 5 replies all showing the "old/frozen" post count. cannot open cannot mark as read.  :twocents:

Log out. Log back in. Try that.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Heredoggydoggy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Team I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS $H!T !
« Reply #890 on: January 20, 2014, 09:38:29 PM »
Intermittantly the past few days when i refresh or receive a pm and go to view it i have to log in again?
Also i have had to log in a few times when first opening the forum, but i am logged in forever.
Never had this issue before??

I've had this happen to me, too.  I figured it was because I also have to log in on my iPad to answer an email, and the site forgets who I am.  Also, every so often, I get a "Page cannot be found" screen when I try to access the site.  I figure it's when the site is being worked on, and a couple hours later, all is well again!  :twocents:
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

When Bernie Madoff did it, it's called a "Ponzi Scheme"
When Government does it, it's called "Social Security"

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #891 on: March 20, 2014, 02:41:26 PM »
I am having the same problem i did Jan 20th. I have logged off/in, tried to refresh my screen etc... still the same...
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Special T

• Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #892 on: March 20, 2014, 07:33:12 PM »
I'm using now on a new computer and new operating system and it is working fine. Cold be the older OS that gives the system a hiccup from time to time.  :dunno:

Confucius

Offline danderson

• Hunter Education Instructor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
    • elkhornarchers
« Reply #893 on: April 01, 2014, 07:33:43 AM »
I cant post pictures site just goes white, they are sized correctly.

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
« Reply #894 on: April 07, 2014, 10:20:51 AM »
Im not able to read any PMs in the in box, or sent ones. Plus the 2014 shed thread page just comes up white.  :dunno: :bash:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #895 on: May 22, 2014, 12:49:13 AM »
Anyone else notice how slow the site has been the last 18 hours or so? I thought it was my wifi but noticed its slow at wifi hotspots today too, something is not right.

I saw a few posts that were tripled up today too, kind of weird!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Jburke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #896 on: May 22, 2014, 01:12:47 AM »
Seems to be running abnormally slow for me the last few days.

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #897 on: May 22, 2014, 11:52:44 AM »
It seems like it is about to crash.   Running very slow and posts are getting double and triple posted because of how slow it is acting.
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #898 on: May 22, 2014, 12:45:50 PM »
I submitted a ticket to the server company about 15 minutes ago for help. I haven't gotten a response yet but the last 3 pages I've rolled over into have happened pretty darn fast.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline NRA4LIFE

• Site Sponsor
  • Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #899 on: May 22, 2014, 01:19:22 PM »
Super slow for me the last few days also.  I have also got 3 or 4 Server Error pages when trying to post replies.  The replies worked, but I still got that page to come up.
Look man, some times you just gotta roll the dice

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal