collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: calln cougars  (Read 1934 times)

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
calln cougars
« on: December 27, 2011, 12:12:32 PM »
i am sure people have asked this before, but i am gonna ask again, does anyone have any good tips on calln in cougars, i hunted cougars for along time when i had hounds, even killed a cougar that was sneakn up on me while i was deer huntn, shot him at 6 to 7 ft away, but the short of it is, where i deer hunt there is a huge increase in cats and i sure would love to get good at calln them, i got all the camo a guy could need, got all the patience in the world when it comes to huntn, i just need a little info on what good mouth calls would work and at what sequence, i figure we all want to kill the cats off, so if we share what works we will all become better and more succesful i know if i figure somethn out that works i will be letn everyone know, less cats mean more deer and elk.... thanks for any info....
my grandpa always said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
Re: calln cougars
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 12:33:13 PM »
i am sure people have asked this before, but i am gonna ask again, does anyone have any good tips on calln in cougars, i hunted cougars for along time when i had hounds, even killed a cougar that was sneakn up on me while i was deer huntn, shot him at 6 to 7 ft away, but the short of it is, where i deer hunt there is a huge increase in cats and i sure would love to get good at calln them, i got all the camo a guy could need, got all the patience in the world when it comes to huntn, i just need a little info on what good mouth calls would work and at what sequence, i figure we all want to kill the cats off, so if we share what works we will all become better and more succesful i know if i figure somethn out that works i will be letn everyone know, less cats mean more deer and elk.... thanks for any info....

One word, RAINSHADOW.   :tup:
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline JackOfAllTrades

• Rasbo said I Ain't Right.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Μολὼν λαβέ
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 12:36:24 PM »
The NRA says I'm a Master!
Colt's, Ruger's, Dan Wesson, & Kimber are my friends!
Proud to be a U.S. Navy Veteran.

If you never follow your dreams, you'll never go anywhere.

Critical thinking keeps people from freaking the hell out every time some half baked blogger forgets his meds. Unlike some of you, I do not have TawkethOutOfAnus© syndrome.

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins  rrcalls
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 12:37:46 PM »
Steve has alot of new sound's coming. AI will be using elk, deer and lots of cougar vocal all Rainshadow's sound's they sound real.. Steve is the only one i know that makes cougar call whistles. Rick
RIP Colockumelk
Facebook rrcalls no website.

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 03:38:22 PM »
sorry i guess i am behind the times but is rainshadow the name of his company is it local or do you just order them and hope they work in your area i hunt western washington mainly elbe hills, ashford stormking, and some pockets in the puyallup area and all of the mashel unit, so will that make a differance on how dense the brush is, or do you guys stay out in older clearcuts, i know that i find most cat tracks at the intersections of rds so do i need differant mouth calls for those scenerios

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 03:59:18 PM »
Rainshadow is his username here at Hunt WA and he hunts on your side of the state and is very good at it.  You can find him in the Sponsor section, up above.  Check out his website for some GREAT information.  Good luck.
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 04:00:10 PM »
thanks machias, i will do that right now thanks

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 04:01:20 PM »
He has some new stuff that should be out soon as well :tup:
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline Kain

• Scalpless
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • VantuckyKain
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 05:59:21 PM »

Offline jackmaster

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 07:21:27 AM »
thanks guys i just checked out his website and found out that he lives in sequim, well that is awesome since i have alot of family in sequim, my great grandfather home stedded there in the mid 1800s and my older brother bought the last few acres of the farm, guess i am gonna have to go visit the older bro and slip on over to rainshadows shop and spend some money, my addrenaline is already startn to pump, i am gonna get good at this and start crackn some of these mountain pumas that need killn, again thanks guys for the info.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal