collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Elk poaching?  (Read 16937 times)

Offline colockumelk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Elk poaching?
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2011, 08:32:12 PM »
What, also, helps the WDFW Officers is that, little known, invention; the camera.  If you are out, you should have a small pocket camera in your pocket.  Most of them will zoom in and make great evidence pictures of the "scumbags" that are "Thrill Hunting" or "Trophy Hunting" out of season.  Also, evidence, like the headless bull or the calf, can only help the officers.  These cameras start for, as little as, $20.00 and are worth their weight in gold.

We, as hunters, should be taking a more active approach at this problem, than just complaining on this forum.  WDFW has a lot of ways to be contacted and if you e-mail evidence to them, after hours on a Friday, they will read it and act on it on Monday morning.  I know of no WDFW Officer who doesn't feel like we do about what is going on.  If we can gather good evidence photos for them and convince those, in Olympia, who want to cut bugets so much, not to cut the WDFW budget and hire more officers, I am sure things would improve a great deal.

I am not an advocate for being a "Stool-Pigeon" (most especially if it was to feed a poor family, and everything was used), but I do believe the poaching has gotten way too far out of hand and needs to be brought under control.  We, as hunters, can do our part to help.  If we see this sort of thing taking place, we should not be 'dumb' enough to interfer, but take a lot of pictures and notes, and report it to the WDFW.  Just the thought that someone might be seeing what is going on, may stop a large portion of those doing it.  The others, need to be caught a pay the penalty.

:yeah:

"We Sleep Safe In Our Beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would do us harm."
Author: George Orwell

Offline Oldtrader3

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2011, 08:49:05 PM »
Poaching will never go away. Is it even poaching if you dont get caught??? The Gamies are so few and the woods they be a many.... Lets just say if you aint poaching u aint tryin. LOL!! Seriously, what are the odds I get caught if I go out and pop a deer or elk in mid, oh lets sayyyyy Februrary??? I can attest to the fact that they are ZERO. Unless your an idiot, free meat is eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezy to come by. Some of you "holier than thowers" are classic.

No, you are a classic!
CDR3
Veteran

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2011, 08:53:30 PM »
Poaching will never go away. Is it even poaching if you dont get caught??? The Gamies are so few and the woods they be a many.... Lets just say if you aint poaching u aint tryin. LOL!! Seriously, what are the odds I get caught if I go out and pop a deer or elk in mid, oh lets sayyyyy Februrary??? I can attest to the fact that they are ZERO. Unless your an idiot, free meat is eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezy to come by. Some of you "holier than thowers" are classic.

Are you admitting that you poach big game animals?
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline Seabeckian

• Hunter
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2011, 09:01:40 PM »
 :yeah:

My exact thought after his final sentence.

Offline Fowlweather25

• Sourdough
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2011, 11:36:39 AM »
Maybe he's one of the b@$t&rds we need to be looking at!
What would life be without the thrill of the hunt?

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2011, 11:41:53 AM »

You're just what people think of when they have a negative impression of hunters. Congratulations. I'm out in the woods in February. Hope to see you.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline Fowlweather25

• Sourdough
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2011, 11:49:01 AM »
Ditto! I'll tie your a$$ to a tree! Cover ya in rotten meat and hunt yotes off of ya! If you are a poacher which it sounds like you are based on your retarded statement then baiting yotes would be all you're useful for!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 12:59:10 PM by Fowlweather25 »

Offline mrmoskillz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2011, 12:55:44 PM »
its only a matter or time till that moron gets caught either by a gamie or a hunter.  If he is lucky it will be a gamie and not me

Offline Dslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2011, 07:15:14 PM »
I'm about to start 'hunting' poachers-with cameras and time, of course.  Found the remains of a poached buck and poached bull today west of the Observatory Rd in the Manastash.  Came across poachers over elk last year, but couldn't get a hold of WDFW/WSP in time to nail the *censored*s-combination of a bad phone and a 'furlough' day.  Came across guys about to do the deed last year another time, didn't really put two and two together in time, and they hightailed it out of there.  I'm fed up with this BS-I don't aim to be confrontational but I'm going to be out there with a camera and a non-*censored* phone and I'm going to start to put an end to this crap.

Offline Fowlweather25

• Sourdough
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2011, 07:21:30 PM »
I'm right there with ya d-slayer. If no one else gives a s&$@ then its gonna be guys like us that have to.

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2011, 07:40:04 PM »

We may want to consider sarcasm. But hmmmm, he is a Coug????   Nope, I'm full of ch!t..he's an Eagle.  But it still could be sarcasm
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline Dslayer

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2011, 07:52:07 PM »
Foulweather25-

That's what it's going to take, folks who give a damn standing up to do something about it.   Like I said,  I don't plan to go out there and go Wild West, I'm just going to get into a spot where I can take license plates #'s down, pictures, etc., and help out the people who can bust these guys.  Other than the fact that these guys are getting away with killing animals, they're making it dangerous for the rest to be out there.  This is a prime spot that my kids and I like to go to see wildlife this time of year, right now we're getting in some hellacious walks in with the lack of snow, we got in about 12-14 miles in today.  My kids were incensed with what they saw today.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal