collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Looking for hunting buddies!!!  (Read 13049 times)

Shadow Cat

Re: Looking for hunting buddies!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2007, 11:59:50 AM »
Krustypuff,
I don't blame you. I think some things got carried away by passion from past experiances we have had. I am glad that you are not giving up on hunting. I would hope that you would find some one to show you the ropes and you learn from them and pass your knowledge on to a new hunter down the road.

Offline Pugetsound

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2007, 02:22:31 PM »
As a new member who know none of you (at least I think I don't), I can definately appreciate what he said.  If I had gotten that response, that would have been the first and last time you ever saw or heard from me.

On the flipside, I treat online communities with more than a few grains of salt.  I accept it for what it is, and go about my life like you all aren't important too it.  :tung:  All that means is that it can be very fun to be part of an online hunting community, but at the same time, I existed without all of you (though I can't imagine how that happened  ;D).

Krustypuff, hunter types do generally learn from their mistakes.  It may be worth giving them a chance.  And if you won't take Choclab up on his offer of a duck hunt, maybe I will try talking him into taking me instead.

Nate
"When you break the big laws, you do not get freedom; you do not even get anarchy. You get the small laws." - Daily News, 7/29/05: GK Chesterton (from 1905)

Offline Krustypuff

• Pilgrim
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2007, 03:54:34 PM »
Naw i am all about blasting some ducks, last time i did any duck hunting was a few years ago over in Pasco with a ex buddy we use to drive and walk the irragation ditches and jump shoot them. Was great fun all exept drinking till lat eat night then the o130 butt crack of dawn lol.  We even use to go set up some deeks and try to call them in but it sounded like somehting dieing a very painfull death soi we stoppe dcalling.( would luv to learn to use the calls or im going to have to buck up and buy a foxpro6 ahhhhhhhh) Hell I even got my old man wanting to go back out hunting for some ducks now. He used to go as a kid but caught a load of goose shot in the face so that kind of turned him off hunting. But I got him to buy a 10-22 for target plinking and now he has that bug and is starting to customize it and we are going to go out and shoot us some of them scarry little squirrel and have some squirrel pie hahahah......

As for the resoponses i got i take most every thing with a grain of salt and let it roll of my back like water on a duck. Mostly what i am looking to do is meet some people that have like mnded intrest that i have who i can become friends with. I dont want to have to go to canned hunts and pay a *censored* load of money to shoot something not fair chase. (but if you got 5000 acres ill be happy to hunt it lol). I just want to connect with some peeps that i can talk to see if we hit it off and go from there. I am not ready for a 10 day hikingh up the pass kind of hunt. I need to get in better shape rthan i am, but i would like to go one a day hunt or a week end hunt. Im not looking to set B&C records i want something that i tracked shoot and am going to turn into some tasty vitales maybe some sausage or jerky... That is all im looking for. Next year i will have access for a place to stay in montana out side sheridan. Will have access to a possible great hunting dog whos father was a 3 time world field champ.  So lets trythis again. I just want to get out and do a little hunting and make some friends that allll................

And no i didnt make it to SOB I am going to one of these years.... I was rebulding the engine when it was going on.. Now i have a 400hp monster that eats gas like i breath.....
savage 110T .300 win mag
rem 700 30-06
rem 700 shrt act. .223

Offline Otto1

• Scout
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2007, 06:15:19 PM »
. Was great fun all exept drinking till lat eat night then the o130 butt crack of dawn lol.  .....

that activity doesnt fly in any camp I'm associated with and if it does they are never invited back, plus told not to come back... hangovers and guns are just as bad as drinking and guns!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 09:44:46 PM by Otto1 »

Shadow Cat

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2007, 06:27:32 PM »
Hey Krustypuff... Are you interested in turkey hunting? I am looking for someone to go to Dayton in September with. Archery deer is going on at the same time as well.

Offline Krustypuff

• Pilgrim
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2007, 02:45:02 AM »
I need to know when about you are looking to go i will be basking in the sun on Maui form the 22-29 for a wedding. And i have never been turkey hunting but have heard washington has the nations best at this time. Would be fun.
savage 110T .300 win mag
rem 700 30-06
rem 700 shrt act. .223

Shadow Cat

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2007, 08:09:39 AM »
Well damn... I will be chasing goblers then...

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2007, 10:01:23 AM »
Hey Krustypuff, I didn't mean to offend you. or to be rude.I was just sharing my experience and thoughts.
See you on the mountain.
Doug

Offline Machias

• Trapper
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Explorer
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2007, 12:40:04 PM »
"And i have never been turkey hunting but have heard washington has the nations best at this time."  It's good here, but best in the Nation?  Not even close my friend.  Probably in the neighborhood of 20th in the Nation.  Lots of fun though and you should try it.  :)
Fred Moyer

When it's Grim, be the GRIM REAPER!

Offline Krustypuff

• Pilgrim
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2007, 07:57:38 PM »
just waht i heard on the outdoor networtk on some damn hunting show, hahaha no idea
savage 110T .300 win mag
rem 700 30-06
rem 700 shrt act. .223

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2007, 05:52:24 AM »
Maybe they meant it was the best that Washington has ever seen?

Offline nw_bowhunter

• Sourdough
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2007, 06:38:19 AM »
I think what is important to remember here is that we all got introduced to hunting from a family member, friend, etc. I know lot of you guys hunt on your own but I would imagine that most everyone on the forum at one time was trying to meet up with someone to hunt with. We are all on this forum because of our intense interest in hunting. Forums like this are great to learn from, meet new people, share exp, etc. I hunt a lot by myself because I have friends who are not committed enough.. However I would totally prefer to have someone to hunt with. To me this adds to the experience. I do agree with the point of people who take advantage, borrow, are cheap and show no commitment. That is totally frustrating! . I also agree not everyone is a perfect match, but one thing I have noticed is people are two judgmental. Give a guy and chance and be up front with him on your expectations.

Offline littletoes

• Longhunter
  • old fart
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2007, 09:19:37 PM »
Guys, didn't mean to leave everyone hanging...'puter has been down here (at least for me!). Sounds like we got things worked out, thats good.
"The People of the United States are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline kbyers

• Scout
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1053271021
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2007, 09:00:19 PM »
Krustypuff, if you ever get back to Pasco during duck season, send me a message and we'll have to try to blast a few
"I think I have a fish"
"probably bottom"
"bottom doesn't head shake!"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter