collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Palouse late whitetail  (Read 4949 times)

Offline GoldenRing270

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Palouse late whitetail
« on: July 21, 2008, 04:40:49 PM »
My girlfriends brother in law drew the palouse late hunt and I am going to go over with him hunting in November. He has never taken a deer before and I have been hunting mostly westside cascade mountains muley/blacktail. The hunt is Palouse Nov. 3-19 White-tailed, 3 pt. min. GMUs 127-142. Ive never hunting this area before and have not done much whitetail hunting. Any information on a good public land location to get us started would be appreciated. I am excited to help him get his first deer. Thanks

Jake

Offline Gutpile

• Gaseous horribulous stinkusis
  • Frontiersman
    • https://www.facebook.com/mark.farrell.142?ref=tn_tnmn
Re: Palouse late whitetail
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 04:50:50 PM »
Mostly private. There's another post concerning this tag. You may want to look it over and start doing your homework. I don't know any state land to suggest but there is some there. Your best bet to get away from the other hunters will be private for sure.  :twocents:

Y.A.R. Gold Member

Offline klickriverchromer

• Longhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 06:45:48 PM »
Start knocking on doors.  And don't get discouraged by NO. Try again
Work sucks!!!! I should be shed hunting

Offline zackmioli

• Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 06:47:48 PM »
look on gohunt and see if you can find the small pockets of public land that are down there. I hunt gmu 142 during the general season and hope to get drawn for the late tag next year. we hunt private land down there that the hunting group i go with has been on for about 20 years. still a ton of farmers that will let you on.

Offline SHANE(WA)

• Sourdough
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 06:37:40 AM »
Start knocking, the biggest whitetails will come out of 127, there are some huge bucks in this unit,well protected and 3 pt min helps.

Offline Sagedawg

• Longhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 07:38:32 AM »
Everyones right about most of it being private. There are some big chunks of state ground Southeast of Sprague, but the whitetail are few and far between, most of this is muley ground. Spangle has some good areas, but you need to knock on some doors to get on it. Freeman has a few chunks of state ground that after general season is all but forgotten, might want to look into them.

Sage

Offline SHANE(WA)

• Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 12:07:21 AM »
Waverly

Offline GEARHEAD

• Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 07:10:23 PM »
Ya Can try the Spangle/Waverly area, but there is abit of a war over here between landowners and hunters. the road hunters and poachers, are way outa control. problems with arson, cut fences, broken gates, litter etc. some even have the gull to be dropped off on one side of a property and have a girlfriend or such, pick them up on the otherside. even breaking down secured gates to retrieve animals, and letting cattle out. i've watched deer rundown by trespassing 4wheelers from afar, who do hit and runs literaly, loading deer and quad before landowners can respond. i was once even threatened by a trespasser with a knife, lol not smart. we are spending half our time chasing trespassers, recording plates, taking video, and working with WDFW and County, of course they suck, and spend all their time at butcher shops writing tickets for tags cut in half.. maybe this year we will finally get a robot deer. i know this is a downer for ya to be reading, and i'm sorry for it, an opportunity to vent i guess. i do wish you the best of luck where ever you go.
If there are any of ya waverly/spangle trespassing road hunters on board, i especially look foward to seeing ya this year.  >:(

Offline SHANE(WA)

• Sourdough
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 12:09:05 AM »
Waverly has a sizeable chunk of timbered public land that I hunted years ago and always saw nice bucks.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]