collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Selling Hides  (Read 5958 times)

Offline Sagedawg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
Selling Hides
« on: July 22, 2008, 09:17:13 AM »
 Anyone sell there yote hides? For the most part when I shoot one I leave him out for bait, but with the current price of fuel Im looking at ways to help pay the cost of my affliction. Im thinking if I can sell 1 or 2 each time I head out I can pay half of my fuel cost. Just needing to know if anyone buys them around Spokane and what kind of care do they need befors you sell them.Any help would be most appreciated.

Sage

Slenk

Re: Selling Hides
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 09:39:14 AM »
I know this place buys.
http://www.hideandfur.com/
Slenk

Offline bearmanric

• RIP Colockumelk
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
  • Tenino Wa
    • Rick Robbins  rrcalls
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 10:28:33 AM »
two year's ago after a calling tornament. we sold the whole coyote. for slydog by boise cant think of the place. we averaged $25.00 a piece. those were nice coyote's. in tacoma there is cascade something. they buy fur. have seen them in fur fish and game. Rick
RIP Colockumelk
Facebook rrcalls no website.

Offline Krusty

• Hunter
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 11:17:49 AM »
Sagedawg,

As far as "prep" that's up to you... you can skin stretch and dry your pelts, skin and freeze, or sell "in the round" (the whole animal).

Often times, the whole animal has a value that exceeds that of the pelt, and can save you the effort of skinning and handling.

There's a video out, by a gentleman named Blaine Eddy, on skinning coyotes, that would give you a good leg up on things, if'n you decide to put up your own hides.

And, I sell some really nice adjustable 'cat/coyote hide stretchers, made from cedar (and many other sizes too).

As far as a Spokane buyer, I'm not real sure on that, but the best fur buyer around, Geo. Brady of Cascade Biological Supply, is up north in Pateros.
Many taxidermists are interested, so that may be your best "local" option.
The Washington State Trappers Assoc. has a fur sale each spring, one on each side of the hill.
Otherwise, to save fuel costs, a chest freezer will store enough coyotes to make a trip to a fur buyer worthwhile.

Summer coyotes are WORTHLESS, if you're going to sell fur, you'd better wait 'til it primes up (in Nov).

If I can be of any more help, with this, let me know?

Krusty  :hello:
Sarcasm; just one of the many services I offer.

Offline Sagedawg

• Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 12:00:40 PM »
 Thanks guys. Gives me a place to start. Cant wait for this fall, after deer and elk are done we'll be on the yotes. Krusty thanks for all of the info, Ill need to ask you a few more questions in the future. Thanks again.

Sage

Offline Buschingc

• Longhunter
  • Go Big or Go Home...
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 10:00:14 AM »
When I shoot my yotes I just take them to a guy in Pateros, Washington. He does everything.. I averaged about $23.00 a yote last year.. He hands me a check and does does everything else with the yote....

Offline Fishhunt223

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
  • Groups: WSTA
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 02:36:58 PM »
When I shoot my yotes I just take them to a guy in Pateros, Washington. He does everything.. I averaged about $23.00 a yote last year.. He hands me a check and does does everything else with the yote....
That would be Mr. Brady of Cascade Biological Supply
Travis

Offline Big10gauge

• Site Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2008, 05:23:30 PM »
George will even pick your hides up if he's going thru your area, Give him a call and he'll let you know when he's passing thru. He usually makes trips to Yakima etc. in the spring to pick up hides.
[smg id=6490]

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal