collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: In the bush ATL  (Read 12077 times)

Offline antlerking

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Idaho Bound
Re: In the bush ATL
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 12:34:27 PM »
actually no one is paying, I have no income and I do not collect unemployment. I just lost my dream job and instead of getting a new one screw it, dont really care about loosing my house or truck or anything for that matter. Its all material *censored* and really dont care. Sheds are more important to me and I will hike everyday until we are living on the street, then I might find a job. I did not ask to loose my job but the Chelan county PUD is a F$%$@$ joke.  Tell me I work to much, that I need to calm down and take it down a notch, I guess I am not good at standing around and doing nothing.  So now screw it all, we may die tomorrow and I want as many sheds as possable before that day.

So you lost your job at the PUD because you work too hard?    :chuckle: They don't hire wireman apprentice just to let them go 6 months later. 

I would bet you losing your job had more to do with where your priorites lie... I would think a father of 3 would do whatever it takes to keep a job with Chelan County PUD rather than being excited to lose it so he can shed hunt.  :dunno:

I love it, can I get an AMEN!
Amaizing how antlers can change a person!!

Offline blacktail luv

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Shed Hunting Fool
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 03:27:21 PM »
Don't let everyone get to you antlerking.  I am in the same boat as you, we just finished up a house last week, so where have I been every day this week.  In the woods!  Sure there are other work related things I could be doing, but it is the last thing on my mind.  Some people can't wait for opening day of hunting season, myself included, but the older I get the more I enjoy shed hunting.  I passed quite a few bucks with my late muzzy tag, hoping that I would be able to find their sheds.  I can't explain why exactly but shed season is my favorite time of year. 

Offline Lowedog

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 04:17:14 PM »
Don't let everyone get to you antlerking.  I am in the same boat as you, we just finished up a house last week, so where have I been every day this week.  In the woods!  Sure there are other work related things I could be doing, but it is the last thing on my mind.  Some people can't wait for opening day of hunting season, myself included, but the older I get the more I enjoy shed hunting.  I passed quite a few bucks with my late muzzy tag, hoping that I would be able to find their sheds.  I can't explain why exactly but shed season is my favorite time of year. 

I would be willing to bet that you and the king are not even in the same body of water let alone the same boat. 

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal."
— Aldo Leopold

Offline boonerboy

• Longhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2012, 05:19:51 PM »
actually no one is paying, I have no income and I do not collect unemployment. I just lost my dream job and instead of getting a new one screw it, dont really care about loosing my house or truck or anything for that matter. Its all material *censored* and really dont care. Sheds are more important to me and I will hike everyday until we are living on the street, then I might find a job. I did not ask to loose my job but the Chelan county PUD is a F$%$@$ joke. Tell me I work to much, that I need to calm down and take it down a notch, I guess I am not good at standing around and doing nothing.  So now screw it all, we may die tomorrow and I want as many sheds as possable before that day.

I know quite a few lineman and Ive never heard of one getting fired for working too much or too hard. Weird!  :chuckle:

Offline BLUEBULLS

• Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 05:44:47 PM »
Shed hunting every day huh. Maybe someday soon you will look back and say, "damn I wish I had taken my wife to Hawaii for a week while I was between careers. Or man I should have been picking the kids up from school and taking them sledding and to the park. And so on." Take the opportunity while in between careers to enjoy life with your family. Its one thing to get out of the house a few times but to be so over the top is just not okay in my book.

You said your truck and houses are material and all you want are sheds? Hate to be the one to tell you this but the sheds are not majical keys to the next life, they are just a material as your truck and house, only less important. The welfare of your wife and kids are not material and making them live on the street because your not responsible is embarassing. You may have some tax return or something but why not put that away for the kids college and get back to work right away? Ya, work sucks. Ya, economy sucks. Ya, you caught a bad break with PUD. So what.  Toughen up!!

This is not a Shad bash session from me but a wake up Shad session.

Different strokes for dif. folks, Can I get an AMEN II , Il get back to ya but for now I need to get back up the hill!

You guys have your life and I have mine, I am not looking for sympathy, just enjoy finding sheds and sharing a few photos.

I am to sure how we got off track but for some you that cant look at pics and then not be able to refraim from posting work related comments, FIRE AWAY lets see what you got.

the whole "You guys have your life and I have mine" comment makes me question... don't you have a few lives to look after?

Offline HornHoarder

• Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 05:59:13 PM »
Why is it every time antlerking makes a post people criticize him? :dunno: If he wants to pick up antlers everyday, so be it. Theres alot worse things to be into.

Offline woodywsu

• Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2012, 07:18:10 PM »
"Chelan pud is a joke" ...pretty sure they have the cheapest power nationwide and hire a highly competitive work force.  :dunno:  Shed hunting brings out the best drama on this site

:dunno:

Offline skills

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2012, 07:36:50 PM »
I'm guessing that if you got canned for "working too hard" you are on unemployment, but if you quit, maybe because you like to shed hunt more than work, you might not be.

Offline BC CHASER

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Si vis pacem para bellum
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2012, 07:50:53 PM »
My guess is you asked to be laid off for a couple months so that you could do your thing, and collect unemployment. Then they canned you. 
WA.MT.UT.AZ.KS.NM.CO.AK.NZ.
Lion Pride founding member

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2012, 07:59:14 PM »
Boy this is getting interesting.
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline Bigtine96

• Sourdough
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 08:03:20 PM »

Offline blacktail luv

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Shed Hunting Fool
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 08:29:50 PM »
Personally I really enjoy looking at his pics and with all you a-holes on here he may never post another.  I have an idea, if you can't look at the shed hunting bored and enjoy the pics stay off it.  If everyone gets criticized every time they post because everyone is jealous they can't find any, the guys that have pics to share stop sharing them.  :twocents:

Offline skills

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 09:26:50 PM »
Pics made it to 730.  Thats almost a record......   If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.   Oh yeah, you left sugar momma in there and you are on the mountain. :chuckle:

Offline blacktail luv

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Shed Hunting Fool
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 10:42:58 PM »
A member filled me in with some info about the op.  I retract my previous statement.  :sry:

Offline Miles

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2012, 07:12:46 AM »
What's up with all the dropped pictures/attachments lately?

Here's the pics that used to be in this thread before something happened to them.

Nice sheds duckfvr.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 07:31:29 AM by Miles »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal