collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Deer auction tag  (Read 9926 times)

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • How do you measure trying, you do, or you don’t.
Re: Deer auction tag
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 03:22:45 PM »
Wow that didn't take very long. Guys lets keep all the negative comments to your self on this years gov. buck tag. Lets just be happy for him and wish him good luck

Woodywsu I can't be leave you have a pic of this buck and if you do please keep to your self and if you know who the hunter is all so keep it to your self. The hunter really wouldn't like his name giving out or the area that he will be hunting in or the buck he is going after.

Thanks Brandon
Lets see, a public permit sold at auction by the government to the people should be public knowledge who bought said permit. Now where  the auction winner hunts is up to them to spill the beans, or their loud mouth friends.
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
Hi I'm 8156, our leader is Bearpaw.
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Keep Calm And Duc/Ski Doo On!

Offline WABONEHNTR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 04:25:43 PM »
$26K was cheap for the WA deer tag. At SLC for the Mule Deer Foundation and SFW convention this weekend, the Arizona gov. mule deer tag went for $220,000 and the Utah gov. mule deer tag went for $225,000. A couple of Henry mtn. mule deer tags in Utah brought $100,000 each and the Nevada gov. mule deer tag went for $80,000. Still a few guys out there willing to pay big bucks for big bucks.

26K for a Washington Auction MD Tag is a lot of money.  WAY WAY WAY to much money in my mind.  You can not compare our sate to any of the states you have stated above.  The Auction tag holder here might break the 200" mark, my money is that he won't break it.  Only 2 bucks have broke the 200" mark with an action tag in this state.  In the states mentioned above, they will have no problem killing a buck 210"-260".  For 26k you can go to the Jicarilla res and kill 2 bucks over 200", in 2 years of course.
I understand the thought about hunting in your home state and helping out our game but the funds go to the general fund which doesn't help animals. 

Offline 400out

• Radio Active YAR
  • Old Salt
  • HA HA! VERY FUNNY!
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 04:43:58 PM »
Boy I hope for this guy his target buck doesn't hang near roads or run into a cougar! Lots of time between now and the season
Granted the ability to cause a A nuclear explosion that produces a rapid release of energy from a higher power resulting in the sudden and catastrophic demise of a thread.

Confucius say:
A crowded elevator smells different to a midget!
Man that go to bed with itchy butt wake up with stinky fingers!
Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Explorer
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 05:06:10 PM »
26k. Can't believe the price. Especially for the buck they are going after
This thread is useless without pictures, show us the picture woodywsu if you have one.  :tup:
"Just because I like granola, and I have stretched my arms around a few trees, doesn't mean I'm a tree hugger!
YOU CANNOT REASON WITH A TIGER WHEN YOUR HEAD IS IN ITS MOUTH! Winston Churchill

Offline turkey slayer

• Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 08:11:26 PM »
This thread is useless without pictures, show us the picture woodywsu if you have one.  :tup:

Let me ask ya something 300. It you had the tag and you weren't a member on this site would you want everyone to see the buck that you would like to go after. Give him some respect. Cause you know rite when the pics hit the sight everyone would bash it and say it's not worth the money. Plus only a hand full of people have a picture of this buck and I'm pretty sure woodywsu doesn't have a picture of this buck nothing against you woodywsu. Just wait til the end of the season he will be up here with his tag on it,

Offline Caseyd

• Site Sponsor
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 08:23:34 PM »
So what tags are auctioned this weekend then??

Edit: think I answered my own question. Whitetail and blacktail

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 08:27:27 PM »
I understand the thought about hunting in your home state and helping out our game but the funds go to the general fund which doesn't help animals.

I don't believe the money from auction tags goes to the general fund, does it?   :dunno:  Maybe it's already been stated in this thread, I have not read every post. But that sure doesn't sound right to me. I thought the purpose of the auction tags was to raise money for wildlife management in our state. Otherwise I'd be 100% against the auction tags.

Offline HardCorpsHuntr

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2012, 08:39:12 PM »
The tag is offered by the Mule Deer Foundation, donated by the State.
"Fast is fine. Accuracy is final. You need to learn to shoot slow, real fast." -Wyatt Earp

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 08:46:04 PM »
$26K was cheap for the WA deer tag. At SLC for the Mule Deer Foundation and SFW convention this weekend, the Arizona gov. mule deer tag went for $220,000 and the Utah gov. mule deer tag went for $225,000. A couple of Henry mtn. mule deer tags in Utah brought $100,000 each and the Nevada gov. mule deer tag went for $80,000. Still a few guys out there willing to pay big bucks for big bucks.

I guess that shows that the WA tag was a pretty good deal, it is possible to get a pretty decent buck with a little luck and good scouting.  :tup:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 08:50:05 PM »
If I had the extra dollars I would seriously consider one of these special tags. The moose especially, would love to have a governor moose tag, we saw three awesome bulls last fall that were "well into the book" moose.
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline Boss .300 winmag

• FLY NAVAL AVIATION
  • Explorer
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 09:23:07 PM »

Let me ask ya something 300. It you had the tag and you weren't a member on this site would you want everyone to see the buck that you would like to go after. Give him some respect. Cause you know rite when the pics hit the sight everyone would bash it and say it's not worth the money. Plus only a hand full of people have a picture of this buck and I'm pretty sure woodywsu doesn't have a picture of this buck nothing against you woodywsu. Just wait til the end of the season he will be up here with his tag on it,
First of all this state has no deer worth that kinda money, only deer that are worth that much money are record book deer that can make a return on that kinda money spent (endorsements, shows, ETC..). Second of all most people who can spend that type of money on these types of tags either do it for bragging rights to there peers, or for the good of the species they are buying the tag for when the money goes to it's well being, and not the general fund of state to be hunted in. Or they just have so much money to there disposal it's pocket change to them. I have never bashed any ones deer on here, doe, spike, or any other points it may have.  Any animal taken out of fair chase and respect to them, is a trophy to me and my kids . So let me ask turkey slayer, if someone post a picture of said buck, who cares? Unless they give a good photo of it an a place easy identifiable area, or GPS coordinates of it's location. And last but not least, why would anybody spend this type of money on a deer any of us could kill,  governors tag just gives more time no special area, right. So I have not disrespected him IMO on wanting to see a picture of a deer! :bash: :twocents:

Online bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 09:30:07 PM »
Did some looking and found this:

Big Game Auction & Raffle Program FAQ

Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife began auctioning big game permits in 1994. The first auction permit was a single bighorn sheep permit and the auction was conducted by a local conservation organization. Three years later, in 1997, the first raffle tags were sold for a permit to hunt big game. Raffles were conducted for deer, elk, bighorn sheep, and moose.

Since the inception of the program in 1994, the primary objective of auction and raffle permits has been to generate revenue specifically for the management of the hunted species. As such, specific code was adopted in RCW 77.32.530 and WACs 232-28-290 and 232-28-292. These codes established the fiscal requirements for auction and raffle funds and describe structure of auction and raffle procedures and hunting opportunities.

Currently, eight auction and eight raffle permit opportunities exist; including one auction and one raffle permit for white-tailed deer, black-tailed deer, mule deer, Westside elk, Eastside elk, bighorn sheep, moose, and mountain goat. Since 1994, auctions have been conducted by conservation organizations via a contract with WDFW, whereas raffles are conducted by WDFW. Nearly 3 million dollars have been generated solely for the management of the respective big game species. This revenue typically funds activities that would otherwise not occur due to budget limitation, including surveys, status reviews, animal captures, transplants, habitat improvement projects, research projects, and disease monitoring.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/hunting/permits/raffles/faq.html

Offline mkcj

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2012, 10:02:31 PM »
That's what it says.... But as a snowmobiler the money I pay for tabs on our 5 sleds plus a small part of the gas tax is set aside by law! To pay for grooming,parking lot plowing and rest rooms. But with the budget problems the people in Olympia can "Sweep" the dedicated funds into the general fund they did it a few years ago and are talking about doing it again this year. So they bring in say 300K from Gov. tags and raffles but give the game Dept. 300K less than they ask for from the GF. But yes that $ went to enhancement.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]