collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: "Bow Cast at the Bird!" Archery 3D Competition... How can we get this in WA?  (Read 12853 times)

Offline windygorge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
consult those who put on the other shoots and see what kind of hurtles they encountered.  i think steve speck got the bogus challange going this year.  he should be contacted.
"God gave you the gift of life, you owe it to God to give your best performance"

"Don't tell me the sky is the limit, when there are footprints on the moon"

Offline mallard79

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
I could definately get a group together that would LOVE doing a shoot like this!

I might be able to get a contact at Snoqualmie pass. I have only had business contact with him when he is putting on a big snowboard event every year, but he does/did work for the Summit at Snoqualmie and lives/lived up on top of the pass. If he is still working there he might be able to point us in the right direction...  :dunno:

Online jstone

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
I would do it if i had the time.. ROAD TRIP

Offline cedarriver

• Cedar River Taxidermy
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
    • Cedar River Taxidermy
    • Cedar River Taxidermy
Looks like a great shoot. Went down to an IBO shoot at Bogus Basin near Boise ID, late 80's, early 90's mid June. Mid to high 90 degree weather in Yakima, drove to Boise, 10" of snow next morning up on the ski lifts. Fun shoot.!
We give your trophy that final compliment!

Offline bowpredator

• Longhunter
Yea, I think it would take A big effort from the  Washington archery community ( local clubs, shops, WSAA ) as a whole to come together as one and put it on. With the 2 ski resorts we have, I'm sure 1 of them would be willing to facilitate the use of there facilities. With all the local shops and Sporting good stores getting on board to donate prizes. It could turn into an annually event if put together correctly.   

Offline bowhunterty

• Longhunter
  • Hunt Hard or Stay Home!!!
I've shot the Bowcast at the Bird last year and shot the Bogus Challenge this year. These are awesome shoots. My girlfriend and I have talked about that they need a shoot like those here. There was also another shoot called Shoot the Backcountry at Brian Head, Utah I think. The biggest hurdle would be renting the ski area and liabiity. I would be willing to help depending on when it was.

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
I would think that the Alpentol area of the summit would provide the best extreame terrain and views.  :twocents:  I'm sure you could get the WSAA clubs together for a shoot. When Darrington has held the national 3d events they have to borrow/rent targets from several clubs to make it work. I would immagine this would be a lot like holding the R100 but on steriods.

If i were to set something like this up i would do these things

Talk to the manufacturers and try and get some big name shooters/ TV personalities to come

Push a MFG midway with a flat range to try out bows arrows and all products

In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Maybee-R

• Tracker
Talk to Rineheart target co. See if they would be interested in setting this up.
Most clubs would need three or four clubs to go in it together. Could be a big event and fun.
Yakima clubs mentioned doing this years ago. Not sure what happen but it never come about.
No if ands or Buts just Maybee.

Offline WonkyWapiti

• Sourdough
This would be a cool event and I'd love to see it happen here.  Being a member of Cedar River Bowmen, I'll tell you first hand this would be a huge undertaking.  The amount of work that goes into Bownanza let alone our smaller shoots is insane.  The main obstacles here would be money, sponsor support, and getting enough dedicated workers to fully commit to something like this.  Having said this, I may have to make a road trip to Utah in 2013.  Maybe we can get a group together from this site for a "fact finding" mission in 2013.   ;)

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]