collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hunt-WA Bird Dog Day.  (Read 67986 times)

Offline Bluemoon

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
    • Tuxedo Kennels/ Tuxedo's Outdoor Adventures
    • Tuxedo Kennels
Hunt-WA Bird Dog Day.
« on: March 05, 2012, 05:17:33 PM »
I was discussing this with Happy Gilmore this morning over coffee give us your thoughts.

We were thinking of putting on a show off your dog day for Hunt-WA members.  It would be a great way for new dog owners wanting to learn about training their dog.  Also for those who are thinking about getting a dog but not sure what breed they want, come watch the breeds work. Owners who might have a little hiccup they want to fix, a way to swap lies about hunting and possible meeting of new hunting partners.  Or for those who just want to show off their dog working.

First and foremost this would not be a competition.   We would ask that all egos be left at the front gate.  It is just about watching dogs work in the field.  We would have fields set up for Retrievers, Flushers and Pointers.  We would have some of the top NW local trainers here to watch and answer any questions one might have about their dog and training methods.   And get a chance to watch some of the top N.W. dogs doing what they do best.

The thought would be to do 3 of these this Spring and Summer.  Come get your dog evaluated, go home with some ideas to put into your training regime and come back later and do it all over again.  The cost would just be your travel and price of birds.  We would be using Pigeons, Quail, Chucker, Pheasant and Mallards.  Current pricing is $5.00, $8.00, $10.00,$15.00 and $15.00 respectively.   All shooting would be done by designated shooters for safety reasons.

Thinking out loud the first one would be sometime in April in S.W. Washington around the Chehalis area.  The Second one in June in the Fall City area, Then one in August in the Bellingham area. 

So please give us your thoughts and ideas. 

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
Re: Hunt-WA Bird Dog Day.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 05:21:13 PM »
I take it my coffee hasn't worn off yet Richard.....That was fast! LOL...
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline BIGINNER

• YAR TOWN CRIER *************
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 05:23:42 PM »
I like
THIS MESSAGE WAS SENT USING MY TIME MACHINE.... SO THIS IS MY OPINION TOMORROW...

OH BY THE WAY. I FIGURED OUT HOW TO TURN ON CAP LOCKS ON MY PHONE... :IBCOOL:  :yike: :yike:

Offline Bluemoon

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
    • Tuxedo Kennels/ Tuxedo's Outdoor Adventures
    • Tuxedo Kennels
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 05:29:54 PM »
A :yike:fter four cups of your coffee I'm hoping  I can sleep tonight.  :yike: BUZZZZZZZZZZ.
I would not want it any other way.  The coffee that is.

Offline gasman

• Old Salt
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 05:56:08 PM »
Sounds like a meet and greet  :tup:

I hope Happy isn't portraying him self as one of those expert trainers  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
 :sas: :sas: :sas: :sas: :sas: :sas: :sas: :sas:

I would have no problem helping out, been in the blind enough at field trials over the last couple of years and will back in the blind this year again   :hunt2:
Gasman

It's 5 O'clock somewhere.......

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 06:26:33 PM »

I hope Happy isn't portraying him self as one of those expert trainers  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

I would have no problem helping out, been in the blind enough at field trials over the last couple of years and will back in the blind this year again   :hunt2:

I just make coffee and steal beer from other peoples' coolers Pete....better lock your trucks people!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline 10Key

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 06:37:35 PM »
I would be in for sure if in Fall City, Chehalis I would be 50/50. Great idea gents!

Offline RC3

• Hunter
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 06:39:23 PM »
Sounds fun I'd be into bringing a couple of wirehairs if it fits my work schedule.

Offline ghosthunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 06:48:11 PM »
Well since my dog is too old now and I cannot comit to a new dog while this one is still breathing, I would help you out. I love watching the dogs work and have been around a fair amount of hunt tests. So, Fall City or Bellingham I am there for you if you need gofer.
GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline gasman

• Old Salt
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 07:40:13 PM »

I just make coffee and steal beer from other peoples' coolers Pete....better lock your trucks people!

Make coffee  :yike: :yike: :yike: :yike: thats a good one  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

I know you steal other's beer, mine will be locked up  :brew: :brew: :brew: :brew: :brew: :brew:
Gasman

It's 5 O'clock somewhere.......

Offline scottcrb

• NRA, RMEF, Wa marketing director Montucky Cold Snack, MDF, BHA,
  • Business Sponsor
  • Sourdough
    • Montucky Cold Snacks
  • Groups: nra, RMEF,MDF
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 07:54:09 PM »
me and my hunting partner would love that. he has a new dog that needs some help. we would go to all  3 im sure. sounds like a great idea i know a guy with a retriever that does a lot of hunt test that might be interested too. keep the info coming. 

Offline pens fan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 08:23:48 PM »
Hope its on a weekend i have off
be aware there is a Springer test going on in April and May at Scattercreek

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 08:29:10 PM »
Hope its on a weekend i have off
be aware there is a Springer test going on in April and May at Scattercreek

Wouldn't have it any other way... There are also 7 Pointer hunt tests in the coming two months so, Richard (Bluemoon) will be busy running his string of dogs for pretty much two months straight, every weekend...
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline rosscrazyelk

• BMM
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 08:32:37 PM »
I love this idea. One i would love to see how my Boykin has responded from his stroke and would love to see if my weimer has any bird ability in him at all.
If its brown knock it down

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 10:15:42 PM »
Sounds like a good time. I don't have a dog but would like to come watch and would be happy to help in any way I could at the Fall City event.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 04:04:01 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw