collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hunt-WA Bird Dog Day.  (Read 67981 times)

Offline Bluemoon

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
    • Tuxedo Kennels/ Tuxedo's Outdoor Adventures
    • Tuxedo Kennels
Re: Hunt-WA Bird Dog Day.
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 02:00:12 PM »
Thanks for all the response it sounds like we can make this work.  The reason I picked Chehalis as the first area was cost.  I would hold it at my kennels where I have the homers for fly aways,  and I have the insurance, porta potty, etc, etc..  However if the general consensus is for the Fall City area we could make that work.  It would just cost a little more for the use of the property I would want to compensate the land owner for the use of his property and pigeons.  I will look into this.

Don't worry Pens Fan,  It will be on a test/trial free weekend not only for the pointing breeds but the Spaniels as well, I have 4 Springers in that will be testing this Spring.  We'll do are best to pick a free weekend.

Gas-Man you hit it right this is a meet and greet and we get to play with our dogs. 

Please keep all the ideas and feedback coming it sound like this will be a great time!

One thing I won't be held accountable for is beers missing from ice chests  (Paul?)

Richard

Offline gasman

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 03:44:16 PM »
Thanks for all the response it sounds like we can make this work.  The reason I picked Chehalis as the first area was cost.  I would hold it at my kennels where I have the homers for fly aways,  and I have the insurance, porta potty, etc, etc..  However if the general consensus is for the Fall City area we could make that work.  It would just cost a little more for the use of the property I would want to compensate the land owner for the use of his property and pigeons.  I will look into this.

Don't worry Pens Fan,  It will be on a test/trial free weekend not only for the pointing breeds but the Spaniels as well, I have 4 Springers in that will be testing this Spring.  We'll do are best to pick a free weekend.

Gas-Man you hit it right this is a meet and greet and we get to play with our dogs. 

Please keep all the ideas and feedback coming it sound like this will be a great time!

One thing I won't be held accountable for is beers missing from ice chests  (Paul?)

Richard

And I do believe Paul still owes me  :brew:
Gasman

It's 5 O'clock somewhere.......

Offline carver52

• Hunter
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 04:22:10 PM »
Sounds like a real fun time. It'd be great to meet you guys.  Work schedule allowing, count me in.   
PS. Does anyone know of a Boykin breeder/kennel here in the NW that may be making an appearance?

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Old Salt
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 05:11:04 PM »
I'll take care of the property fee at Carlson's Richard. Just need to put a few dates on the board.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline rosscrazyelk

• BMM
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 05:38:58 PM »
Sounds like a real fun time. It'd be great to meet you guys.  Work schedule allowing, count me in.   
PS. Does anyone know of a Boykin breeder/kennel here in the NW that may be making an appearance?
Pens fan is a boykin breeder,i think he is on a break thou.also I have someone trying to breed with my boykin , we will see
If its brown knock it down

Offline pens fan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 08:34:51 PM »
I hope to be there
i work every other weekend and with turkey season and springer trials i may not be able to squeeze anything ini could take a couple of vacation days if i have enough notice

There at pretty much two northwest Boykin breeders i know ofand i am one of them
the other is in Oregon
not Romars he retired from what i hear

I am not really a full fledged breeder so to speak

Offline Ireland Farms

• Business Sponsor
  • Hunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/IFLABS
    • Ireland Farms
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 06:53:08 PM »
I'd consider hosting in Chelan. It's much more centrally located, plus who doesn't want to be in Chelan! Party and training sounds like Vegas!

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2012, 07:29:14 PM »
I think there is enough people in favor of this I am going to make it sticky :tup:
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline gasman

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2012, 07:35:31 PM »
I'd consider hosting in Chelan. It's much more centrally located, plus who doesn't want to be in Chelan! Party and training sounds like Vegas!

I would still show up and help out there also  :tup:
Gasman

It's 5 O'clock somewhere.......

Offline Bluemoon

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
    • Tuxedo Kennels
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2012, 11:20:58 AM »
Hello all
Taking a snow day off today so got a chance to throw out some dates to have our "Bird Dog Day".  After plowing through the AKC web site for upcoming Hunt Test and Field Trials.  The date that I think would work best is April 28th a Saturday.  The only event that weekend is a walking field trail for pointing breeds at Sauvie Island.  After that it get crazy for trials and test for everyone for the next few months.

Paul how does this look for your calender.  It did sound like your place was more centrally located for those wanting to do this.

Keep any thoughts and ideas coming or alternative dates ideas.  Reading current posts it sounds like there are a good number of new pups and owners out there.  For those, this will be a good time to soak up many ideas of what you want out of your dog.  And how to train for it.  Learn from all of our mistakes! :yike:

Richard

Offline sockeye66

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2012, 03:52:58 PM »
will definitely try and make this. anything i can do to help let me know. thanks.

Offline freberd

• Tracker
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 06:41:57 AM »
sounds great.  Has a date been picked yet?

Offline ttown

• Tracker
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2012, 08:08:30 PM »
Sounds like fun I will bring Lola out for sure...... Unless it is in Eastern WA..

Keep it in Chehalis or Fall City I am in.  Chehalis sounds better since you are already set up.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2012, 09:42:29 PM »
tag

Offline Bluemoon

• Business Sponsor
  • Longhunter
    • Tuxedo Kennels
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2012, 10:37:49 AM »
Hello all

We are still going to make this happen, but in all actuality this might not happen until this summer due to a few of us that have trial and test commitments to keep.

Also if we wait until summer we will have better grounds to have this at,  where we will also have water for swimming so we can do water work as well.

With all that being said.  I know this is last minute but if there of some of you that would like to get together this coming Saturday March 31st.   I will set the day aside here at the kennel,  come on down to Onalaska and play with your dog and lets meet one another.  I will have birds here for working your dog.  Let me know if this sounds good to any of you. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg
[Today at 07:09:22 AM]