collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Permits  (Read 14598 times)

Offline Hoytshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
Permits
« on: July 17, 2007, 03:57:24 PM »
Hey is it just me who thinks this state game dept is a joke.  You find out your draw results 1 week before your season.  aug 1st for some people who put in for the permit, our maybe they will know on opening day.  I know alot of people who put in for other states and they say this is the worst.  Just would like your guys and gals feedback.  This permit crap is getting old.

Offline wannahunt

• Hunter
Re: Permits
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 05:21:30 PM »
They need to leave the deadline alone and if folks don't get their picks in in time maybe they will learn by the next year but i doubt they will. Second they need to quit fixing the ones people turn in wrong and just throw them out. This process is not rocket science. If they did that they should be able to push the button one day after the deadline and post the results the day after that. Unbelievable that we have to put up with this baloney. :puke: :beatdeadhorse:

Offline Hoytshooter

• Pilgrim
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 05:34:37 PM »
did i hear re draw.  what a load of crap.  lol maybe i can draw now

Offline WDFW Hates ME!!!

• Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 06:39:38 PM »
I agree load of crap...
Some people think because they didn't draw there should be a redraw. I think because i was drawn there shouldn't be a redraw.

If people complain who wins usually the majority. Well the minority drew. So if those who didn't draw complain enough maybe they will redraw.

I had 9 elk points, i have never drawn, so seeing selected gave me a glimmer of hope.
I realize every year that i didn't drawn that my name is in the barrel with everybody else, if i drew 40th i will not get my tag. Because i put in for the toughest hunts. My name is WDFW hates me because we can't draw for anything...
So now they really hate me...
*censored* happens when you party naked!!!

IBEW Local 125

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 07:19:26 PM »
Minority are on these boards.  Most know nothing is going on and are patiently waiting for the results to come in the mail.  Most don't know that they were selected or not.  We are "cutting" edge or impatient *censored*s and try to find out by the net.  I wouldn't have even found that link if I was normal joe, or even know the drawing was done.

Offline high country

• Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 07:28:20 PM »
getting my hunt picks on july 30th that tells me I scored a hunt that opens on aug 1...............yep that is the deffinition of dumb.  like the spring bear tags.....I had a week to get ready and hunt.......nice timing fish and feathers.

Offline GOcougsHunter

• Longhunter
  • Groups: MHPP, MHAG, HEI, RMEF, DU, USVEMG
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 07:35:57 PM »
Hate to be the spoilsport, but, the "official" document aka "the regs" points out on Page 73 that special permit winners "will receive notice in the mail by July 31, 2007."  This is the binding document. 

If they provide us any additional time to actually scout, secure permission, get time off work, etc. it is out of the kindness of their hearts., not a requirement of the RCW or WAC.

Can't wait for my Antelope hunt in Montana Aug 20th... 
Introduce someone new to hunting this year.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 07:49:34 PM »
Can't wait for NM.

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 08:28:05 PM »
This is just one more G-damned reason that I think they should cancel the point system all together. Each year your chances get worse and worse and worse. Remember back in the good ol' days when few applied for permits, you actually stood a decent chance of hitting on a permit now and then. If I missed this year...oh well, there is always next. A very relaxed approach, not much stress. Now things are different. This Fing department has figured out how to get you to buy your license six months before hunting season, have you stand in line or online to apply with thousands of other guys, so they can raffle off the wildlife in this state, at their leisure, their rules. You have no power.  They have even figured out how to get money out of you even if you do not intend to hunt this year. You damned well better keep up with the jones's (point totals) or you know you will never ever get drawn. Heck, some even apply for game they don't even care about hunting, just to keep up with you.

We would be far better off cancelling the weighted draw system all together. 
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline Ironhead

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 08:33:57 PM »
Has there actually ever been a re-draw? I hear this said every year. I can't actually remember one but I am getting older and don't have the memory I once had.
"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is, that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 08:37:49 PM »
Ice - I almost agree with everything you posted. Though I would like to see the point system continue with a few changes. Continue gaining points, drop hunt choices to one or two per person and re-instate the 3 day wait for those that apply but don't draw.

Offline WDFW-SUX

• Old Salt
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 08:40:37 PM »
Im almost ready to take ALL of my hunting out of state.
THE WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND WILDLIFE SUCKS MORE THAN EVER..........

Offline WDFW Hates ME!!!

• Sourdough
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 08:44:40 PM »
I would also like to see the people that drew do not get to submit for 2 years if they draw like old times...
*censored* happens when you party naked!!!

IBEW Local 125

Offline GOcougsHunter

• Longhunter
  • Groups: MHPP, MHAG, HEI, RMEF, DU, USVEMG
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 08:49:57 PM »
Same weighted system for the special permits, but, do it like the old days where you had to pony up for the permit beforehand and then get a refund if you didn't draw.

I want a goat really bad and cannot believe that most of the 10,000+ applicants out there even know where to find them.  If my math is correct, I have 169 preference points (13 sqrd)  From a statistical model, it is a fair system, but, when I'm competing with 8000 people all with one or four or nine, my 169 does not really have any statistical relevance.

Introduce someone new to hunting this year.

Offline Ray

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1475043431
    • Hunting-Washington
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 09:14:39 PM »
cannot believe that most of the 10,000+ applicants out there even know where to find them.

I'd have to agree with that.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan