collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2 muzzys?  (Read 9477 times)

Offline BULLBLASTER

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Old Salt
Re: 2 muzzys?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 07:52:28 AM »
Good post and explanation rg. I fully understand your feelings. I guess I may have read your post a bit wrong. I just don't think a hunter of.any type should talk down on another type of hunting. Personally I love to do it all and have taken elk and Deer with all 3 methods as well.

Offline RG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 08:39:22 AM »
We're all hunters, we share that interest, or if you are like me, passion.  We are also all individuals so we don't think the same way about things, thank goodness.  I have a Dodge Cummins truck, I love it, my friends drive Fords, Chevys, Toyotas, ...  That's OK with me too.  If somebody says there's something wrong with me for liking my Dodge then I get irritated. If they want to try to convince me to buy the Chevy Duramax by telling me why they think it's the best for them, I will listen to their argument, I might even be convinced to agree if they are good, but I get to choose my own favorite in the end.  That's what's great about this country.  I was joking to some degree in my original comments and probably could have done a better job of wording my thoughts to not sound like I was trashing somebody who likes to have more than one shot available.  I like to hunt with a flintlock I built myself but I have percussion and inline muzzleloaders too.  I even have an AR15 in the house for goodness sake.  I own a recurve and a compound bow too and have used wood and graphite arrows.....  and I hope I draw the bull tag for Bumping Unit this year my horse is getting fat and needs to pack out heavy antlers!
And I think God must be a cowboy at heart
 He made wide open spaces from the start
 He made grass and trees and mountains and a horse to be a friend
 And trails to lead ol' cowboys home again

Chris Ledoux...

Offline sirmissalot

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
    • chadpburgess@faceboo​k.com
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2015, 03:05:29 PM »
Here you go Mike  :chuckle:

Offline trophyhunt

• Forum Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
  • Groups: Wa Wild Sheep Life Member
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2015, 03:28:21 PM »
Well if you carried two That is what you would call a great speed loader. :chuckle: :chuckle:
Exactly, if I draw my muzzy permit for the blues someday, my hunting pard will be carrying his muzzy loaded for me.  Two quick shots on a 350+ bull sounds better to me than one shot and reloading.   
“In common with”..... not so much!!

Offline SkookumHntr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2015, 03:35:32 PM »
It will be more like one shot then spill your powder all over the place on the reload! Lol been there.. :/ lol
IBEW89 RMEF MDF CCA

Offline TriggerMike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2015, 06:41:17 PM »
All I can picture right now is that scene in The Patriot where Mel Gibson kills the entire British unit on the trail after his son is murdered by the Colonel. Aim small, miss small!

Offline LOVEMYLABXS

• Retired
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2015, 10:52:45 PM »
All I can picture right now is that scene in The Patriot where Mel Gibson kills the entire British unit on the trail after his son is murdered by the Colonel. Aim small, miss small!

He's not running with those flints cocked is he??? 
Scratch a dog once and you'll have a job for life and life is good.....  Mike

Offline 724wd

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2015, 08:49:19 PM »
y'all better take another look at page 85 of the regs... double barrel may only keep one barrel loaded at a time.   :tup: :hello:

Offline dscubame

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
  • 2013 Idaho Elk Hunt
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2015, 08:50:51 PM »
Great idea.  I can see times when I could bring out the deuce.
It's a TIKKA thing..., you may not understand.

Eyes in the Woods.   ' '

Offline ghosthunter

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2015, 09:18:13 PM »
I could see where it might actually be useful to have two, if you were in a small ground blind, where it might be hard to get a second shot loaded quickly if you needed it.  Maybe?

I thought of it too. Not packing them around. But I hunt out of ground blind a lot.
Have one in the blind. And one ready to go out side . I shot a spike one year.
It went 100 ft out of sight and died. Didn't know it so I took the time to put out the fire in the blind and reload.
Could save some time having the 2 nd one ready outside. Especially on public land other folks want to claim your elk.

GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline ghosthunter

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2015, 09:24:20 PM »
Seems like it would be easy enough to state in the law one muzzy only.
If that is what they wanted.

The one barrel thing addresses being able to aim one gun and shoot two barrels.

Not the same thing as a 2 nd muzzy in my thinking.

GHOST CAMP "We Came To Hunt"
Proud Parent of A United States Marine

We are all traveling from Birth to the Packing House. ( Broken Trail)

“I f he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” ― Theodore Roosevelt

Offline bear hunter

• BEAR HUNTER
  • WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
  • Union SheetMetal Worker 66- welder fab/WCO TRAPPER
    • Danny A Alvarez
  • Groups: WCW, RMEF, DU, BassMasters, WSTA, and Union Sportsmen's Alliaance
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2015, 09:47:58 PM »
It sock to crow through brush with 2 rifles. The 1 on your back hooks everthing. But it did save my butt. I jump up a nice doe and she stopped at 5 yards away. I pull the trigger and there was a pop but no boom.  :bdid: She jumped but didn'the run. I droped the first rifle and pulled the off my back. Primed and fired fast.She jumped and ran.  No blood hmmm. Did i miss?  Hell no 2 hours looking I was sitting on a rock. I could hear hikers and one of them said ( pore, deer someone shot her. pore thing).  MY EAR PERKED UP BIG. That was about 80 yards away from me. I made my way to her and boom there she is.  :IBCOOL: I will never use cheap stop bullets again. I shot her broad side at 13 ft and the bullet did'nt even go through her. It went halfway ànd turned south. Ended up in one of the tenderloins. Bodyou cavity was full of blood.   :chuckle: The short story is Yes legal and I wouldn't do it again if you have to crawl or push through brush. Plus it is a batch to Carey two rifles and a doe out. LOL   :twocents:
Boar looking for Sow to hunt with. LOL

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal