collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Wolf tracks near Joe Watt feed station  (Read 10362 times)

Offline Huntbear

• I am a BAD Kitteh
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Y.A.R. Jester aka Smart Ass
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1236486665
Re: Wolf tracks near Joe Watt feed station
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 09:08:40 AM »
 :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:
By my honorable conduct as a hunter let me give a good example and teach new hunters principles of honor, so that each new generation can show respect for their god, other hunters and the animals, and enjoy the dignity of the hunt.

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.

Offline UBA

• Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 12:27:02 PM »
Nothing like an elk buffet all winter

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 12:36:14 PM »
Then they will probably trap and relocate them.

NAH, they don't have any experience in that :chuckle:

Offline StanwoodSpartan

• Tracker
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 12:37:19 PM »
Does this mean all of you are gonna stay out of Joe Watt canyon this year??  :chuckle:
Shoot a goose, save a plane!

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 12:47:14 PM »
I'm not going but then again, I rarely do.   Nothing to do with the wolves

Offline Killmore

• Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 03:52:15 PM »
Does this mean all of you are gonna stay out of Joe Watt canyon this year??  :chuckle:
Why would anybody want to hunt gmu 340 with 247 hunter day's per harvest. Oh wait I do.

Offline bankwalker

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 07:44:48 PM »
Though i haven't seen a wolf first hand. I have seen tracks multiple times south of i90. 3 years ago i found a pair tracks around cabin creek and followed them for a long way and crossing the river so i know 100% they weren't dogs
Last year while bear hunting up around peoh point i found 3 sets of tracks. My girlfriend at time has relatives who live by joe watt and they told me about hearing wolves a couple summers ago while out camping up around elk heights

last summer on a separate trip above peoh point myself and gf had thought we seen 2 wolves from about 600 yards away. But i wrote it off as 2 german shepherds, as i seen a truck drive past with 2 of them in the bed of the truck about 3 hours later. Though the 2 i seen were black looking, and the dogs in the truck were brownish colors.

Offline Opportunist

• Longhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 08:14:23 PM »
Looks like a poodle track!
"Deer season is just a scouting trip for my next elk hunt"

Offline RG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 08:56:10 PM »
Well, the management plan says it allows for lethal removal if the wolves threaten vital big game herds.  I guess we'll see if the WDFW is willing to put their money where their mouth is.  When the wolves find Joe Watt in the winter it's going to be a smorgasbord.  Then the elk will get chased back up into the hills where there's no feed so they will all be weak from hunger and a better target.  Then when the wolves get to oak creek they can supplement the elk steak with bighorn.
And I think God must be a cowboy at heart
 He made wide open spaces from the start
 He made grass and trees and mountains and a horse to be a friend
 And trails to lead ol' cowboys home again

Chris Ledoux...

Offline Loneranger

• Pilgrim
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 09:08:10 PM »
247 hunting days to harvest??? Killmore that means MAYBE 1 more elk in my lifetime!!!! and thats been good hunting, wait for years to come..

Offline Huntbear

• I am a BAD Kitteh
  • Old Salt
  • Y.A.R. Jester aka Smart Ass
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1236486665
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 09:23:55 PM »
Well, the management plan says it allows for lethal removal if the wolves threaten vital big game herds.  I guess we'll see if the WDFW is willing to put their money where their mouth is.  When the wolves find Joe Watt in the winter it's going to be a smorgasbord.  Then the elk will get chased back up into the hills where there's no feed so they will all be weak from hunger and a better target.  Then when the wolves get to oak creek they can supplement the elk steak with bighorn.

I can see it now... the pack will have 2 or 3 head cornered there next to the Hay barn, against the fence...   slowly eviscerate the elk so they bleed out till they are to weak to fight.  The pack starts feeding on their bellies while they are still standing.... ripping them apart alive...    and we have to stand there and watch and not do a damn thing..... 
By my honorable conduct as a hunter let me give a good example and teach new hunters principles of honor, so that each new generation can show respect for their god, other hunters and the animals, and enjoy the dignity of the hunt.

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.

Offline Gamblin Guy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 09:30:13 PM »

I can see it now... the pack will have 2 or 3 head cornered there next to the Hay barn, against the fence...   slowly eviscerate the elk so they bleed out till they are to weak to fight.  The pack starts feeding on their bellies while they are still standing.... ripping them apart alive...    and we have to stand there and watch and not do a damn thing.....

And hopefully someone will record it or film it and post it all over the net, maybe even get one of the tv stations to air it (yeah right)....our elk and deer herds will be toast before too long....

Offline Krawdaddy20

• Pilgrim
  • Livin the dream!
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 02:49:32 AM »
Rumor has it that a lone wolf has been seen in the Colockum. Not sure if it's true but if there in the Teanaway or Taneum it could be a possiblity
Hunter Education instructor, Master Hunter Certified. Firearms Instructor, USA Wrestling Bronze level coach, BJJ Blue Belt, General Pain in the Behind. Living life to the fullest.

Offline fishingnut71

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2012, 08:16:04 PM »
shoot!! ask later

Offline calawahsteelie

• Scout
  • Take me to the Brig,I want to see the real Marines
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2012, 09:06:31 PM »
6 years ago a friend and i saw what we thought were 2 big huskies up cedar creek in taneum. it was november we were driving on a lot of snow, and nobody had been up there for a while. we were coming toward each other and when we saw them i stopped the pickup. they kept coming at a lope and when they got closer they got really agressive barking and came to about twenty yards, then they took off back up the road and uphill off into the trees. the way they acted was weird, we thought they had to have been dogs and really expected to see someone coming from the other way but drove it as long as we could and never did. could have been wolves i guess now that i think about. would wolves ever act like that?

Up in the woods with no houses around for miles???? They would have been a motionless pile of fur. I have been hunting elk behind locked gates on the west side, 3 miles of the nearest house and seen dogs hunting the same elk that I'm hunting. They were in a pack of 4, but when it was over they were a pack of 2 and running hard. Dogs up in the woods like that running aint up to no good. They might as well be a relocated non-native species....."SOS".  I have zero tolerance for that. If it is chasing deer and elk and is wearing a collar, I don't care. The "Dog" is eating a 125gr Muzzy or eating lead.  I hear the coyotes got into some steroids up there in Taneum and the feral dog problem is getting out of control. Might have to do a round up and return them to their owners. Just a idea.
"Fathom the Hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal