collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Tri-cities Bowfishing Tournament  (Read 28156 times)

Offline Stickers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Tri-cities Bowfishing Tournament
« on: May 02, 2012, 08:58:29 PM »
There will be a bowfishing tournament in Tri-cities may 19th and 20th. Although there will be some money changing hands :) it's really just a couple days of a good bunch of guys ridding the CR of more carp, while we have fun and BS. We'd love to have anyone and everyone that enjoys sticking a few fish. Prizes, Raffle and laughs. We'll be at Kennewick Ranch and Home Saturday if anyone wants to stop by and chat it up. We'll have a couple boats (w/lights) and set-ups. Also, we'll have some raffle tickets for a decked out Oneida Bowfishing Bow. Hit me up with questions. See ya in the scum.
Scott Estes

Offline str8shooter

• Pilgrim
Re: Tri-cities Bowfishing Tournament
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 07:09:00 PM »
that sounds fun.Did you shoot the jackpot

Offline Stickers

• Hunter
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 07:40:52 PM »
Yea, We shot the jackpot. It was a kick in the pants! It was a great group of guys and there were plenty of fish for April. I was really surprised that there were 28 teams. That just shows how much the sport is growing. Were you there??
Scott Estes

Offline teamkl

• Pilgrim
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 11:18:33 AM »
Sounds like a good time Stickers!  Count me in on the fun in Tri-Cities!  Mmmmm carp eggs  :drool:

Offline Stickers

• Hunter
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 12:11:10 PM »
It was great seeing so many Bowfishers show up at Ranch and Home on Saturday. We were able to register a couple additional teams for the tournament and show off our Oneida Osprey (set-up) that we are raffling off. It's always amazing to me how many people use to bowfish and still have a passion for wading out and sticking fish. It was also great to talk with people that had no idea that people first of all "bowfish", and second of all that it is a recreational opportunity in our area. Thanks to everyone that stopped by and chatted us up. If your planning on attending the Tri-Cities Bowfishing Tournament on May 18-19, you only have a week to get in those registrations. Even though the water is high the fish are just starting to pod up. We shot on Sunday, and I havn't seen so many fish so early in the year, and they are BIG!! Any questions give me a shout. Scott @ 509-845-3685. I can point you in the direction of forms and raffle tickets.

See you on the water!!!!!!
Scott Estes

Offline Stickers

• Hunter
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 01:32:58 PM »
The tournaments one week away :tup: The weather is looking great (80s with sun) and the river is calming down. Man , we're getting excited!!! A couple quick notes for those of you who want to get your competitive fix with your favorite passtime. We will be setting up the registration table (home) at Campsite #5, in Hood Park friday afternoon. Please make sure you check in and attend the rules meeting at 7pm. If your running late 6am will be another opportunity to get the low down. Happy to see all the support of the community and shooters as we ressurect this wonderful shoot! Make sure you bring cash if your registering at the Tournament. We'll have registration forms at the shoot.

Thanks to all!!!! Please feel free to call if you have any questions.

Scott 509-845-3685
Scott Estes

Offline Stickers

• Hunter
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 09:44:42 AM »
Hopefully these posts are helping some of you guys out there.

Tournament Update: 5 days out.

We currently have 17 boats with a total of 44 shooters registered in the tournament. It's amazing, every shape and size of boat will be there. Water conditions are getting better everyday and fish are being fou d everywhere. From the feedback we've got already guys are really excited about the 20 fish format because it evens the playing field. Also prize wise, we're close (6 shooters away) to hitting our $250 cash payout for big fish payout each day!!!! Awesome!!

Be aware that Hood Park is full and has opened their overflow area. It's dry camping but the price is much lower.

Thae countdown begins today. See you all there for some old fashioned FUN!!!

Scott Estes

Offline Stickers

• Hunter
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 03:30:31 PM »
Just in case some of you saw that the Hood Park boat ramp was closed last weekend, rest assured. The ramp is now back open, and will remain that way, after some quick work on the interchange. No worries!!!
Scott Estes

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 04:38:30 PM »
Any results to share? Should have been a good time frame :IBCOOL:
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline Stickers

• Hunter
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 09:00:53 PM »
Should have updated this sooner but I went straight from the tournament to vacation with family.

2012 Tri-Cities Bowfishing Tournament Summary

24 teams with a total of 63 shooters harvested a total of 5300+ lbs of carp (which were donated to a gentlman that had a great use for them).

We were able to pay out $5000 in big fish and placing pots.

Everyone had a great time and the only casualties were a half dozen props.

Saturday was great shooting, Sunday was tougher with overcast skies.

We are looking to possibly move the date of the tournament back a couple weeks to allow water clarity to improve and make sure the salmon guys don't clash with us.

All in all, it was a huge success and we Felt very privileged to be able to host an event that brings local sportsman together for good times and a little competition.

Hopefully we'll have an even bigger turn-out next year!!!

Scott
Scott Estes

Offline Maverick

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 09:48:09 PM »
You guys should host more than one tournament a year here. There are way too many carp in these waters.

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 06:13:32 PM »
Yeah I think moving it back would really kick up the numbers. The water temp here is still to low and they are not really in the shallows yet.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline Stickers

• Hunter
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 08:52:18 PM »
Maverick, did you shoot the tournament?

Later in the year will most likely produce more fish. Compared to the last Tri-Cities tournament (August, 2010) we weighed in 300 lbs less this year. I say "weighed in" because many teams shot more than their 20 on Saturday.

We would consider having a couple tournaments but as it stands most of our shooters are out of towners and mainly the money brings them in. Sponsors are tight. We might look at a Jackpot format early and a tournament later. We'll see how the rest of the year plays out before we make a decision.

If your in the Tri-Cities and want more shooting...State Championship is June 16-17 at potholes (possible 50 boats) and Boardman is August 12-13. Both great shoots with tons of fish!!!
Scott Estes

Offline Maverick

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Sourdough
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 09:10:22 AM »
No I need to get a reel set up on my bow.. any reccomendations? Id love to do the tournaments. What was the biggest fish shot?

Offline Stickers

• Hunter
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 05:15:40 PM »
The big fish for Tri-cities was 28+. It was a nice fish! If you want to take a look at all the results they're on Washingtonbowfishing.com. It's under tournament results. You'll also be able to see all the other tournament results for the last couple years.

I just started shooting tournaments last year. Made it to Five. It's a blast and very addictive. I think as I get older it's harder to fulfill that thrill of competition, this sport does it for me.  The guys that frequent these events are some of the most easy going and down to earth guys out there. I'm saying this even after putting on a tournament. That's should mean something. It took me a couple of years thinking about entering tournaments before I actually did. The anxiety reminded me of launching my boat for the first time at Ringold in the fall for salmon. Pretty overwhelming but I found out most guys are understanding and willing to help.

As for reels. I heard a saying my first tournament and it's stuck with me ever since. "if you want to shoot tournaments, shoot a retriever. If you want to win tournaments shoot a spinner." This guy that told me this knows his business and is always in the money. I think I'll leave it at that. I own retrievers and spinners but you'll only see spinners on my boat during a tourney.

Any more questions just ask.

Scott Estes

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal