collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Margaret Unit  (Read 72828 times)

Offline finnman

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Sourdough
  • I gotcha where I want ya, now I'm gonna eat ya!
Re: Margaret Unit
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 10:07:03 PM »
Has anybody heard who purchased the 7000 acres in the margaret???????

I know who bought a couple thousand up there, in fact he owns one of the lakes up there now. My cousin went camping up there last year too. I may try to get some access some time when I am bored...

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 10:24:56 PM »
Isn't it St Helens Noble Farms? When I Google that I seem to come up with the "Agnew" name out of Centralia.   :dunno:

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2012, 10:48:34 PM »
No comment? Anyone heard of Sam Agnew?

I'm really starting to wonder what plans this "St Helens Noble Farms LLC" has for their property in the Margaret unit. I wonder if they've been talking to the WDFW about turning it into a PLWMA?

It's not much good right now for the landowner because to hunt elk you need to first draw a Margaret permit, which is pretty much a once in a lifetime permit.

Hmm... wonder if this has anything to do with the Margaret permits being switched from Quality to the regular Bull category this year?

Offline Huntbear

• I am a BAD Kitteh
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • Y.A.R. Jester aka Smart Ass
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1236486665
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2012, 11:26:05 PM »
No comment? Anyone heard of Sam Agnew?

I'm really starting to wonder what plans this "St Helens Noble Farms LLC" has for their property in the Margaret unit. I wonder if they've been talking to the WDFW about turning it into a PLWMA?

It's not much good right now for the landowner because to hunt elk you need to first draw a Margaret permit, which is pretty much a once in a lifetime permit.

Hmm... wonder if this has anything to do with the Margaret permits being switched from Quality to the regular Bull category this year?

I have heard plans are for a huge lodge up there...  and yes bobcat, you are catching on quick.. WDFW is being a money whore and doing the bidding of a private landowner with lots of money...
By my honorable conduct as a hunter let me give a good example and teach new hunters principles of honor, so that each new generation can show respect for their god, other hunters and the animals, and enjoy the dignity of the hunt.

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2012, 11:35:56 PM »
Well surely they couldn't have bought the property up there for only the purpose of growing noble fir trees.   :dunno:

And then the name "Agnew" seems to be coming up, and I'm sure everyone knows of Dan Agnew, big time elk hunter.

So now the Agnew family ends up with one of the best elk hunting areas in the state?

All that the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation does to protect lands such as this, and they didn't grab this one up?  WTH!

Offline Huntbear

• I am a BAD Kitteh
  • Old Salt
  • Y.A.R. Jester aka Smart Ass
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1236486665
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2012, 11:48:11 PM »
Well surely they couldn't have bought the property up there for only the purpose of growing noble fir trees.   :dunno:

And then the name "Agnew" seems to be coming up, and I'm sure everyone knows of Dan Agnew, big time elk hunter.

So now the Agnew family ends up with one of the best elk hunting areas in the state?

All that the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation does to protect lands such as this, and they didn't grab this one up?  WTH!

they knew about the sale before it happened too....  did nothing.  some say it is because they are Roosevelt elk.. they do not care.

My opinion and again.. no absolute proof..   More money changed hands than just to Weyerhauser....  there was some greasing the wheels and a plan in place or this would have never happened
By my honorable conduct as a hunter let me give a good example and teach new hunters principles of honor, so that each new generation can show respect for their god, other hunters and the animals, and enjoy the dignity of the hunt.

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2012, 07:04:55 AM »
More money changed hands than just to Weyerhauser....

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2012, 07:57:43 AM »
More money changed hands than just to Weyerhauser....

That's exactly what I'm thinking.

Like between whom?   :dunno:
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline Fireant11

• Hunter
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2012, 09:09:53 AM »
Perhaps the WDFW and/or some of our state's fine legislators?  Could this be the start of trend?  Turning this state into a bunch of private pay to hunt areas?   :dunno:

Offline buckhorn2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2012, 09:54:56 AM »
I sure don;t know why this move was made but makes me think somethings in the wood pile that does;nt smell good,

Offline kentrek

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2012, 10:58:12 AM »
Has anybody heard who purchased the 7000 acres in the margaret???????

I know who bought a couple thousand up there, in fact he owns one of the lakes up there now. My cousin went camping up there last year too. I may try to get some access some time when I am bored...

there must be more than one land owner because there are a handfull of lakes up there and its all private.we tried ever way posible to get back there legaly and its all gated.

i also agree that there is no way someone bought that just for trees.esp since the trees are prety tiny up there.i know there are going to be some very angry peaple if it turns into a rich mans place to hunt

Offline nailbender

• Hunter
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2012, 11:51:47 AM »
I hunted this area last year and talk to someone who is an acquaintance of Dan. He had told me that yes it was Dan who bought that land under the name of Saint Helens Noble Tree Farm. He has built a nice cabin on one of the ridges there and we could see other hunters in there at the same time. Pretty common knowledge among the locals I guess.

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2012, 11:57:05 AM »
I hunted this area last year and talk to someone who is an acquaintance of Dan. He had told me that yes it was Dan who bought that land under the name of Saint Helens Noble Tree Farm. He has built a nice cabin on one of the ridges there and we could see other hunters in there at the same time. Pretty common knowledge among the locals I guess.

So he lets people hunt there for a trespass fee, or what? Or do all his friends somehow get lucky and draw Margaret elk permits?

Offline rbros

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2012, 01:30:41 PM »
Wonder if he gets any depredation permits :chuckle:
R Bros Rifles
www.rbrosrifles.com

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2012, 01:43:45 PM »
Wonder if he gets any depredation permits :chuckle:

That's a good possibility! I hadn't thought of that, but it COULD happen! I wonder how we can find out?

Something fishy is going on, no doubt about that.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Mtnwalker
[Today at 05:24:30 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 05:23:46 PM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by HntnFsh
[Today at 05:12:42 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]