collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Baiting Regs  (Read 8605 times)

Offline Sprig58

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Pilgrim
  • I fart feathers
Re: Baiting Regs
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 02:25:57 PM »
Im wondering if this is the same tool that was citing people over on the eastside for hunting geese that were heading to grain elevators to feed.  According to this dude, if you were calling at these geese, even if you were a mile or more away from the silos, you were hunting baited birds,  As they are under the influence of the scattered grain.  Un freakin believable!

Offline Tealer

• Longhunter
Baiting Regs
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 10:04:14 AM »
How about this - would this be baiting:

I like the sleeper decoy in the front  :chuckle:

I forgot who did it, but one of the decoy companies threw in a couple free fake corn cobs in with their box of decoys

GHG FFD's came with two ears of fake corn in the harvester packs. It works, I have seen geese peck at the plastic. I have also been checked with a couple dozen plastic ears in the field.

Offline johnsc6

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 04:28:43 PM »
I have a few bags of plastic ears of corn.  Never tried them, but I am sure in the right situation birds would lock onto them if they had been feeding in corn.  This should be legal as it is a decoy.
:yeah:

Offline Ned

• Hunter
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 10:42:32 PM »
GHG FFD's came with two ears of fake corn in the harvester packs. It works, I have seen geese peck at the plastic. I have also been checked with a couple dozen plastic ears in the field.

How do you know it was the fake corn not the decoys or the calling that worked.
Try hunting a field of fake corn only and no decoys and then tell us if it works.

PS, I have some ocean front property for sale in Arizona if youre interested..

Offline Tealer

• Longhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2012, 11:03:47 PM »
I have actually just used the plastic corn, no decoys. Worked well, especially if you can set it out a couple days ahead. I also watched geese land in a spread and knock a DSD over to steal the fake corn from under it. Nothing works every, time but geese seem to know what ears of corn are.  Especially if your using them in a corn field. :DOH: :DOH:

About that ocean front property is it a good price?

Offline lokidog

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Explorer
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 07:03:20 AM »
Im wondering if this is the same tool that was citing people over on the eastside for hunting geese that were heading to grain elevators to feed.  According to this dude, if you were calling at these geese, even if you were a mile or more away from the silos, you were hunting baited birds,  As they are under the influence of the scattered grain.  Un freakin believable!

If true, what a dimwhit!

As far as I know you can legally hunt over grain that is in the field during the "normal" course of standard agricultural practices.  If a grain trailer tips over in a muddy field, you should legally be able to hunt over the residue.  Too bad some of these guys don't have anything better to do.  BTW, not bashing on hard-working, non-brain dead law enforcement.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 11:47:13 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]