collapse
Join us to help support Bowhunting

Author Topic: What WSB is Working on More Specifically  (Read 6715 times)

Offline Peskadot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Re: What WSB is Working on More Specifically
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 09:51:46 AM »
Hello,

New to Washington and was looking into what the WSB was all about and what the organization has done for the bow hunting community in "Recent" years. I am not a member yet, still deciding.. However, the link under "About" just brings up a blank page. Where would I be able to find this info? Thanks

Anything?

So although my post have gone unanswered and ignored so far, I re-read the initial post and noticed that I had to buy a membership before I am able to log into the WSB page and view the "WSB and  WDFW updates" page in order to view what the WSB has done in recent years or what they're working on. Isn't this sort of backwards? I mean, I would love to buy a membership and support this organization, but I would also like to know what the WSB has done in recent years before hand. I would like to know that my money is going into an organization of action before I contribute my hard earned money.  Please help....

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Virtual Campfire
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2015, 10:06:45 AM »
Just purchased my first membership for 3 years
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline popeshawnpaul

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
    • http://www.facebook.com/smccully
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2015, 11:27:19 AM »
Hello,

New to Washington and was looking into what the WSB was all about and what the organization has done for the bow hunting community in "Recent" years. I am not a member yet, still deciding.. However, the link under "About" just brings up a blank page. Where would I be able to find this info? Thanks

Anything?

So although my post have gone unanswered and ignored so far, I re-read the initial post and noticed that I had to buy a membership before I am able to log into the WSB page and view the "WSB and  WDFW updates" page in order to view what the WSB has done in recent years or what they're working on. Isn't this sort of backwards? I mean, I would love to buy a membership and support this organization, but I would also like to know what the WSB has done in recent years before hand. I would like to know that my money is going into an organization of action before I contribute my hard earned money.  Please help....

We feel there is value in getting detailed information on what is occurring in the various WDFW meetings.  We summarize this information and provide it to our members and this has typically been given to our members in their newsletters but we also have the website.  Many of our newsletters are now online but for one printed copy a year.  The WSB has an advocate there at these meetings and our representative argues for what our members want.  If you would like to be a member then we will listen to your voice as a member and possibly request things on your behalf at the meetings. 

We generally work for increased bowhunting opportunity for our members and the bow hunting community.  I'm happy to answer your questions on this forum whether member or not.  As the representative for WSB, I have advocated for the early archery elk season to be shifted later.  It looks like we may have accomplished this but you never know until you see it in print.

We encourage members to attend our board meetings which are open to the public.  I can provide a few past newsletters that have information on what we have worked on.  The long and short of it is, we work to open more GMU's, lengthen seasons, provide opportunity, argue for equality under resource allocation, and shifting seasons. 

Offline Katmai Guy

• IBEW, Local 46
  • Longhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2015, 12:51:48 PM »
Pope Shawn, thank you for all that WSB does, I truly believe the state would F us bowhunters if nobody spoke up.  Is there any plan or discussion  happening to make the archery elk late season non-tag specific? IE: WA able to hunt East and EA able to hunt West.  Don't know if anybody remembers but it was this was in the '80's and early '90's.  Really helped when the Eastside got an early heavy snow and the elk were in the feeding station before the late archery season opened.  Could just decide to stay on the wetside and hunt with  an Eastside tag.  Would hope the Westside hunters would see it as a benefit also on years that there was not much snow. Thanks again, Ken
"Keep shootin, when there's lead in the air, there's hope"

* Recent Topics

Elknut APP.... by Elknut1
[Today at 11:49:02 AM]

Successful new trapline! by Trapper John
[Today at 11:48:14 AM]

Winter blackmouth by jackmaster
[Today at 11:39:25 AM]

HHA optimizer lite ultra by Kyle1112
[Today at 11:39:24 AM]

Keegan Wilder fundraiser auction #17 Custom bird feeder from Ghost Hunter by Ghost Hunter
[Today at 11:39:08 AM]

Ok, now what? by ribka
[Today at 11:38:59 AM]

WTS 2015 TW200 by Skyvalhunter
[Today at 11:38:17 AM]

Calendar Reject by C-Money
[Today at 11:37:59 AM]

Central WA Mule Deer Timing by TriggerMike
[Today at 11:36:28 AM]

White Basket by C-Money
[Today at 11:35:26 AM]

Be careful and keep your eyes open. by funkster