collapse
You Live In Our Hearts In Memory of fishseeker

Author Topic: One of the hardest things I've had to do  (Read 7567 times)

Offline rideorange

• Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: One of the hardest things I've had to do
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2015, 05:56:08 AM »
very tough, sorry,,,this was from hear a while back

Offline Jonathan_S

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2015, 07:12:32 AM »
Tough.  I've only had one dog to be put down at old age.  Very hard to do.

I've got three hunting dogs right now that are between 5 months and 2 years.  It's going to be a rough time when all three of them get there  :'(

No matter how a good dog passes, after time it is easier to remember all the good moments.  That worst part about dog ownership is their life expectancy
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Off-Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • NRA Life, MH, WFW, CCRKBA, NAGR, RMEF, WSB
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2015, 08:08:32 AM »
Been there, hated it, too. Sorry Deerhunter.
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Virtual Campfire
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2015, 09:25:09 AM »
It never gets easier, and I am sympathetic for your loss.  I've had the vet put down 2 of my labs, both times in my arms - that ache hurts something fierce.  I encourage you to get another, he won't replace Trigger, but life with a dog is better than life without.  I have a little dropkick dog who turns 10 Saturday, and I can see the future; hoping for a few more good years.
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: WFW, WSTA, WSB, WPHA, FWM, NRA, SCI, RMEF, NAHC, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2015, 09:28:03 AM »
Losing a good dog is as hard as losing any other family member! I'm sorry for your loss! :(

I agree that you should find another dog to enjoy and share your life with!  :)
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://trophymaps.com "Do-It-Yourself" Hunting Maps" 
http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided, Semi-Guided, Unguided, and Drop Camp Hunts in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Washington. Hunts with tags available (no draw) spring bear, fall bear, buffalo, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, wolf!

Online blackveltbowhunter

• Virtual Campfire
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2015, 10:12:46 AM »
Sorry for your loss.  :'(

Offline JJD

• Site Sponsor
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: NRA, DU
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2015, 10:21:19 AM »
It never gets easier, and I am sympathetic for your loss.  I've had the vet put down 2 of my labs, both times in my arms - that ache hurts something fierce.  I encourage you to get another, he won't replace Trigger, but life with a dog is better than life without.  I have a little dropkick dog who turns 10 Saturday, and I can see the future; hoping for a few more good years.
:yeah:
 I have had Labs for nearly 40 yrs, letting them go never gets any easier.  Howerver, the misery of living without one is is worse than knowing I will have to watch them pass before I am ready.  Having watched 7 Labs pass, I have never been ready.
Take a little time to get over the loss, then get another "IF" you have the time to give it the attention it deserves.
Spent most of my $$ on huntin, fishin & retrievin dogs, the rest I just pretty much wasted.