collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Question for someone in the know about discover pass  (Read 11132 times)

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Question for someone in the know about discover pass
« on: June 24, 2012, 10:12:23 PM »
I have been camping at sheep creek campground for over 30 years about 3 years ago the DNR had cuts to make and this was one of the campgrounds that got axed so they gated it off,also they cut the wood sign down that said sheep creek campground. Well the people of Northport said this campground needed to be open as alot of people use it and spend money in their town. The town of Northport now maintains this campground. My question is over the weekend I was staying at this campground and while we were out and about we came back to Discover pass signs posted at the entrance and on the board inside the campground..I dont see how anyone needs a pass for a campground that was axed and now maintained by a small town.

Offline wraithen

• Sourdough
Re: Question for someone in the know about discover pass
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 10:15:39 PM »
It's not about who maintains it. The state just wants their money and they'll get it. They make completely unmaintained areas DP mandatory areas.
the head has been lopped of the eagle.our country has become a nation of losers,them that feed on the teet and can do no more than suckle from them that toil. ~ Rasbo

Offline washelkhunter

• Region 5 State Delegate #3
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
  • Site sponsorhttp
  • Groups: TPE, NRA, RMEF, AST
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 10:17:30 PM »
It's not about who maintains it. The state just wants their money and they'll get it. They make completely unmaintained areas DP mandatory areas.
I dont know about that situation. I do know that if you are camped at a st park and payed for the site then you dont need a DP to access that areas amenities.

Offline wraithen

• Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 10:22:43 PM »
That's because the state already gets its chunk from the fee. In this case the state sees the campers the same as hunters. Pay up!
the head has been lopped of the eagle.our country has become a nation of losers,them that feed on the teet and can do no more than suckle from them that toil. ~ Rasbo

Offline swanny

• Sourdough
    • 9to5active
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 07:16:33 AM »
This might help you out, straight from the D. Pass website.

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/Publications/amp_rec_discover_pass_northeast.pdf

Offline Huntbear

• I am a BAD Kitteh
  • Old Salt
  • Y.A.R. Jester aka Smart Ass
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1236486665
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 07:25:25 AM »
I contacted WDFW enforcement through their FB page, they were asking for suggestions of items to discuss, and post about and discuss....

Here is what I wrote to them.....

For content on your Facebook page... how about some decent clarification on what pass is needed where. For example, outside of Ellensburg, it is a checkerboard of DNR, WDFW, BLM and Federal land.... Do I need 3 darn passes WDFW, Discover AND the Forest Pass??? This is so confusing, you need a team of lawyers with you so as not to get a dang ticket. Even the officers I have spoken too, shrug their shoulders, and say... ummm not sure.

I got this as a response.....'

"I'll see what we can put together for you, John! Thanks for the suggestion."

That was on June 7th... have not heard or seen another thing from them about this.....    Maybe they are as confused about it as everyone else and are afraid to actually say so...   :bash: :bash: :bash: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
By my honorable conduct as a hunter let me give a good example and teach new hunters principles of honor, so that each new generation can show respect for their god, other hunters and the animals, and enjoy the dignity of the hunt.

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.

Offline Mudman

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Get R Done.
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 10:24:27 PM »
Might as well buy every pass they got to avoid tickets.  Pretty sure ill be on every one of those "public lands" at some time.  What is that about 60$ to tresspass ont their public land.  What a crock.
MAGA!  Again..

Offline Moose22

• Scout
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 10:30:40 PM »
Contact Brett Walker at the DNR in Colville, he should be able to answer all questions.
"Live life like a song..." Jimmy Buffet

Offline robodad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
    • frog4life !!
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 10:56:57 PM »
What if you have a "Natural investment Permit" then does that trump the Discover Pass ?? or does that only work on friday morning of the third week of the month after high tide if its an even numbered day in the third trimester of the moon phase cycle when the polls show Obama's approvial rating is trailing in the 18-79age group of women with a median income level between $18,423 & $194,721 on the south side of the road with an imaginary line drawn between the rock at the end of stripped ridge and 271' WSW of the intersection of 46`15'.61N & 124`48.32W if your truck is brown or red and your boat is 18'-21' in length with an outboard engine over 45hp ??
The essense of freedom is the proper limitation of government !!!

Offline Wazukie

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 10:59:18 PM »
Nope, I think you would still need a DP Robo! :chuckle:
Matthew 6:33

Offline robodad

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
    • frog4life !!
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 11:00:46 PM »
Nope, I think you would still need a DP Robo! :chuckle:

Chit....!  :bash:  Ok What if I had a three wheeled boat trailer ??
The essense of freedom is the proper limitation of government !!!

Offline WapitiFreak

• Tracker
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002395654120
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 12:43:56 AM »
from what i know of the discovery pass its about who owns the land. even if the town is maintaining it, it is still dnr land and the discovery pass is required.
I've heard rumors that you need a DP just to drive on dnr roads. there is one boat launch in skagit that is wdfw maintained but a section of the road to it is dnr so the wardens have pulled people over to check their pass. (once again this is a rumor i heard and have no evidence to back it up)
"Americanism is a question of spirit, conviction, and purpose, not of creed or birthplace." Theodore Roosevelt

Offline winshooter88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 01:33:28 AM »
The Discover Pass is needed for all DNR owned lands unless they are managed by the WDFW. Then either the WDFW Pass or the Discover Pass will work. The Natural Investment State Pass is good for State Park boat launches and trailer or camper sewage dumps. The Forest service pass is only needed in this state for certain developed trail heads and and developed natural areas, (like the Big Trees area up by Lost Lake in the Okanogan). The WDFW Pass is good for all lands owned or managed by the WDFW. The State legislature earlier this year made the Discover Pass mandatory to either drive on or park on any DNR lands not managed by the WDFW statewide. The Discover Pass is needed to use day use areas in Washington State Parks If you are camping in a paid space in a state park then you don't need the Discover Pass in that park. If you were to visit any other nearby state park while you were paying to camp in a different one then you would need the Discover Pass. If you don't park or drive on DNR, WDFW or state Parks lands then you don't need the Discover Pass. Overall the whole thing is stupid and confusing and very irritating. We the people already own the public lands, why should we have to continually keep paying more and more to use these same lands?

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 03:51:58 PM »
If you're disabled, you won't need the Discover Pass or move to a different spot.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Hermit

• Longhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 02:01:10 PM »
Better check your facts. a Washington State Disability license doesn't get you out of a access pass. Hang your blue disability parking sticker and get a ticket.
The first bird may get the worm, but it's the second rat that gets the cheese.

Offline mtman

• Scout
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 07:35:41 AM »
I had a gamey help with a flat the other day. I was on dnr land without the discoverpass, so I asked If he writes tickets for that. He said he wasnt even sure what dnr's rules were.Are gov. sucks all they know is they want more money and there going to get it. Dont buy one you and I own that park and they can stick it.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]