collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Gov Tag Bull. Tod Reichert  (Read 50859 times)

Offline WAmuleyHunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter

Offline JBar

• The Family "Guide"
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sourdough
Re: Gov Tag Bull. Tod Reichert
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 04:13:38 PM »
Interesting indeed!
Shut up and Hunt!

Offline Huntbear

• I am a BAD Kitteh
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Old Salt
  • Y.A.R. Jester aka Smart Ass
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1236486665
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 04:27:50 PM »
Damn... he has the Governors tag... and STILL is not man enough to kill a trophy without cheating....  So is the WDFW gonna punish him too, since he hired a helicopter to spot game???  Like not letting him buy hunting licenses or bid on governors tags again????

We all know that a regular joe would get slapped down hard and fast.....

Or will the WDFW continue to be money whores and excuse his misconduct????
By my honorable conduct as a hunter let me give a good example and teach new hunters principles of honor, so that each new generation can show respect for their god, other hunters and the animals, and enjoy the dignity of the hunt.

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.

Offline Shawn Ryan

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Longhunter
  • Snoozing in elk country.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 04:30:55 PM »
I had wondered how Wick was "getting away" with guiding in WA without a permit.  Nice to see that not happen.  Nothing against Wick's ability as a great guide in the Blues; everybody just needs to stay in their sandbox.  Though, if he only gets a $5,000 fine, the fine might not be a deterrent, given what a Governor tag holder might be willing to pay someone with Wick's knowledge. 

As for Reichert, the penalty doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent for him, either.  Losing a hunting license for a few years along with reciprocity in other states seems more fitting.

I have nothing against the Governor's tag concept or that wealthy people spend a lot of money (that may go to State expenses that I like) to hunt big bulls.  But, I'd expect more deterrent for any violator. When the amount at stake for the violator is higher, the punishment needs to be commensurately higher as well.

Offline Bluesdude

• Hunter
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 04:34:18 PM »
The "2008 Hunter" they are referring to is Dan Agnew out of Vancouver.  That was the Wa State Record non typical Bull Elk at 436 - 4/8".

"The road of life is always under construction!"

Offline Huntbear

• I am a BAD Kitteh
  • Old Salt
  • Y.A.R. Jester aka Smart Ass
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1236486665
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 04:36:54 PM »
And again.. as long as the WDFW is a money WHORE... nothing significant will ever be done to the rich that break the rules... that may stop them from getting a few thousand dollars more for a tag in the next year or two... 

But guys like RT get screwed in the a$$ by the WDFW with a dry corn cob shoved where the sun does not shine.
By my honorable conduct as a hunter let me give a good example and teach new hunters principles of honor, so that each new generation can show respect for their god, other hunters and the animals, and enjoy the dignity of the hunt.

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.

Offline ellensburgpo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: DU, Delta Waterfowl, NWTF
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 06:04:55 PM »
Is anybody really surprised that a rich guy didn't play fair? Amazing that even with all the benefits that tags has, he still had to cheat.
KCCO

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.
Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms, 1929

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 07:08:08 PM »
Described as "a strong supporter of elk hunting and improving elk habitat," he has killed several monster bulls by outbidding other rich trophy hunters to get coveted tags, including $40,000 for the 2007-08 New Mexico Governor's Tag, $19,000 for the 2001 Oregon Governor's Tag, $16,000 for the 2003 edition, and an undetermined amount for the 1999 California tule bull elk tag.
Lets not forget all the money spent on Raffle tickets, he spent a lot and got at least one of the tags last year.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Wea300mag

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 07:13:57 PM »
Described as "a strong supporter of elk hunting and improving elk habitat," he has killed several monster bulls by outbidding other rich trophy hunters to get coveted tags, including $40,000 for the 2007-08 New Mexico Governor's Tag, $19,000 for the 2001 Oregon Governor's Tag, $16,000 for the 2003 edition, and an undetermined amount for the 1999 California tule bull elk tag.
Lets not forget all the money spent on Raffle tickets, he spent a lot and got at least one of the tags last year.

Now that he is going to sit out for a couple years, maybe it will improve our odds in the raffles.

I think his records should have an asterisk next to them if they are still recognized, similar to baseball players on Roids.
Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes on the skyline

Offline rosscrazyelk

• BMM
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 07:17:39 PM »
It has been said that Wick Guided Agnew as well wonder if anything will come from that? :dunno:
If its brown knock it down

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 07:18:39 PM »

Now that he is going to sit out for a couple years, maybe it will improve our odds in the raffles.

I think his records should have an asterisk next to them if they are still recognized, similar to baseball players on Roids.
Seems like most hunting offenses result in loss of the trophy, not sure why this is any different. :dunno:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline elkinrutdrivemenuts

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 07:24:05 PM »
I heard a rumor Agnew had some aerial assistance, I assumed it was hearsay, wouldn't surprise me now.  No problem with the governors tag, but I wouldn't hire a guide to find me bulls, i know exactly where I would go ; )

Offline MLBowhunting

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2012, 08:22:15 PM »
I wonder what kind of probation he got.   I think there is a statue of limitations on most misdeamenors?  Probably why poaching was not used in this story.  Just my guess
Copper John Pro Staff
R.A.D Broadheads
R.A.D Peeps
Hot Shot Pro Staff

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2012, 08:25:11 PM »
I wonder what kind of probation he got.   I think there is a statute of limitations on most misdeamenors?  Probably why poaching was not used in this story.  Just my guess
Forgot your "t" there ML. ;)

Offline Bearhunter

• Go in Lite come out Heavy!
  • Sourdough
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 08:31:52 PM »
So you cant take a helicopter trip into the hills and look at game?  Is it legal before the seasons open?
Go in Lite come out Heavy!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand