collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Gov Tag Bull. Tod Reichert  (Read 50864 times)

Offline Knocker of rocks

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
Re: Gov Tag Bull. Tod Reichert
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2012, 01:08:32 PM »
A game violation is a game violation, why is this treated any less than someone shooting the same bull after hours?

Because he was prosecuted by the forest service for providing false information, not a game violation.

And that's exactly his point!! He violated game laws, why wasnt he charged and prosecuted by the wdfw like anybody else would be.

WDFW probably didn't have enough evidence of him using a helicopter illegally, so they turned the case over to the forest service.

And now he is prohibited from hunting on all USFS lands for a period of time.  Compacts with other states not-withstanding, Washington was slightly more limited in their power

Just a possibility

Offline arrowflinger

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/ChasingWildCreatures
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2012, 01:49:35 PM »
Might have already been said............He should lose his right to hunt forever.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2012, 02:42:57 PM »
Might have already been said............He should lose his right to hunt forever.
Thats a bit harsh IMO. :twocents:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline arrowflinger

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/ChasingWildCreatures
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2012, 02:54:11 PM »
Thats a bit harsh IMO. :twocents:

:sry: but i don't believe he is a true sportmen like you or I and if I was caught doing that, the WDFW would be all over me.

Offline b.roberts

• Hunter
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2012, 04:52:26 PM »
Worktohunt, thanks for posting that.  I don't know anything about them, other than what I have read.  The class envy and animosity aimed at those that have more than others just rubs me the wrong way.  He screwed up and he is being punished.  A "lifetime ban" from hunting, give me a break. 

Offline BLUEBULLS

• Sourdough
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2012, 05:31:59 PM »
Bottom line here should be:

He knew he was in the wrong, he still did it. He knew of Wik's reputation for shady antics yet he still used him. He knew he was committing a crime for 3 weeks straight.

Yes, he may have hunted hard and been friendly.  I am the same way but I, in no way, think I'm above the law nor would I want to be above the law.

And then there's Wik, bad rumors similar to these have been floating around for years. Good chance there's truth to them.

:twocents:

Offline Legacy

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2012, 05:41:59 PM »
Agree with most posts that punishment meted out here fit the misdemeanor violation...I mean, he plead guilty to lying to a USFS employee about who his guide was and that he was paid for his services. Hardly something calling for a lifetime hunting ban as some on here have suggested. We wait til September to find out about Wick...plead guilty to hunting outside his special-use permitted area and without a special-use authorization for the area he was in. Doubt that we'll see much coming about as a result of that either but may be a fine and bans on guiding or providing professional services on federal lands for a period of time.

Offline crazyantler

• Hunter
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2012, 05:49:13 PM »
Unfortunately money does funny things to people. 

Offline HntnFsh

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2012, 07:01:57 PM »
Thanks for sharing. I like to hear other peoples perspective.

So I don't post on here a lot but thought I would chime in on this one and give you guys my perspective. I am not condoning Tod and Jon's actions but can give some of you guys a little more insight as to how he hunts. I had a blues archery tag in 2007 and ran into Tod and Jon over there and ended up hunting the same area as them. They were able to hunt a week before me and were out every day in the brush, I know because I ran into them scouting Labor day weekend and during the week before I could hunt. When I first ran into Tod he was wearing old military bdu pants and a flannel shirt and looked like you or me other than he had a gun with him and it wasn't anything special, stainless remington with a leupold scope like what many of us use. The night before the season he invited me to his camp and showed me all of his trail cameras and videos of bulls they had seen in the area so that I was fully aware of what was in the area and didn't shoot a small bull. I had no idea what to expect from a guy who spent $50k on an elk tag and had preconceived ideas of a governors tag holder. The bull I actually ended up shooting they had passed up earlier in the morning and pushed him up the hill to where I was chasing elk and I was able to seal the deal on a 350 class bull. When my partner went back to camp to get pack frames he ran into Tod and his buddy and told them I had killed out. They offered to come up and help bone out the elk which they did. He did not have to do that and him being a butcher years ago showed me a slick way to bone out a shoulder that I had not seen before. Like I said before I am not condoning any of Tod's actions, I just wanted to give you guys a different perspective of the guy based on what I experienced. Tod was out hunting everyday as hard as I was and he did it for 3 weeks straight, he just has way more trigger control than the average guy which he should based on the hunts he has done. I never saw him sitting in camp waiting for someone to come in and tell him they had a bull pinned down so he could go shoot it. I know these governors tag threads are always volatile and was relunctant to post but thought it would be good for people to hear what I actually experienced.

Offline HntnFsh

• Old Salt
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2012, 07:03:06 PM »
Worktohunt, thanks for posting that.  I don't know anything about them, other than what I have read.  The class envy and animosity aimed at those that have more than others just rubs me the wrong way.  He screwed up and he is being punished.  A "lifetime ban" from hunting, give me a break.

I agree with you 100% 

Offline Rainier10

• Administrator
  • Explorer
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2012, 07:07:39 PM »
 :yeah:
Pain is temporary, achieving the goal is worth it.

I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it.

Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of HuntWa or the site owner.

Offline worktohunt

• Pilgrim
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2012, 08:17:34 PM »
 I am not looking for an argument here but I never stated that Jon was with Tod for 3 weeks straight, he was with a buddy of his for almost all of the hunt, and that is who was with him when he helped me out. I just wanted to make that clear so people don't go off on that tangent thinking that is what I said. I thought that typing it out would make things clear as to what I experienced but it seems people still read into it what they want.

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2012, 10:37:56 PM »
 Whats interesting is that several guys that have been members on here for quite some time, yet have less than 100 posts total, feel compelled to finally make comments when it comes to threads like this.

Doubt that we'll see much coming about as a result of that either but may be a fine and bans on guiding or providing professional services on federal lands for a period of time.
He knew the rules and regulations prior to breaking them in 07, yet he completely disregarded them anyway. What convinces you that this "ban" will result in a change in character?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Huntbear

• I am a BAD Kitteh
  • Old Salt
  • Y.A.R. Jester aka Smart Ass
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1236486665
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2012, 10:51:36 PM »
Whats interesting is that several guys that have been members on here for quite some time, yet have less than 100 posts total, feel compelled to finally make comments when it comes to threads like this.

Doubt that we'll see much coming about as a result of that either but may be a fine and bans on guiding or providing professional services on federal lands for a period of time.
He knew the rules and regulations prior to breaking them in 07, yet he completely disregarded them anyway. What convinces you that this "ban" will result in a change in character?

Amazing isnt it Phool?????  The rich just do as they please, get a minor slap on the wrist.. and still get to hunt..  You or I would be hung out to dry because we do not spend hundreds of thousands of dollars like Reichert and Agnew... So we do not get the special treatments they do ....
By my honorable conduct as a hunter let me give a good example and teach new hunters principles of honor, so that each new generation can show respect for their god, other hunters and the animals, and enjoy the dignity of the hunt.

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'.

Offline huntnphool

• Legend
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2012, 10:54:25 PM »
he plead guilty to lying to a USFS employee about who his guide was and that he was paid for his services. Hardly something calling for a lifetime hunting ban as some on here have suggested.
+1

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]