collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Gov Tag Bull. Tod Reichert  (Read 50862 times)

Offline Austrian Hunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Gov Tag Bull. Tod Reichert
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2012, 04:32:53 PM »
he plead guilty to lying to a USFS employee about who his guide was and that he was paid for his services. Hardly something calling for a lifetime hunting ban as some on here have suggested.
+1

+2

Offline Austrian Hunter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2012, 04:42:47 PM »
Thanks BearPaw!!!  I like your post and totally agree. 

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2012, 01:32:15 AM »
I recently cheated the speed limits a little on my way to Mississippi to hog hunt and shoot gar.
I have a couple cars that will exceed the maximum allowable limit in less than 5 seconds, I do my best to keep from calling Pope for bail :chuckle:

We all make mistakes at times and learn as we mature, nobody is perfect.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2012, 05:42:09 AM »
And some don't learn too. :chuckle:
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline arrowflinger

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
    • https://www.facebook.com/ChasingWildCreatures
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2012, 04:56:04 PM »
Thanks for giving me more perspective on this................ :tup:

Offline furbearer365

• Longhunter
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2012, 05:48:38 PM »
Is what todd did a major crime? NO.  Did he get what he deserves? Yes according to the law.  But you must admit it leaves a bad taste in your mouth this day in age when hunting is going to the rich and someone with a tag of this magnitude breaks a law to fill the tag.  I love the idea of a governers tag but with the rules being as open as they are as far a where and how much you can hunt, with whatever weapon you want, why cheat.  I personally think Jon should be getting more chastized, its not even his tag, so why put your neck out there and break the law.  He had to of known where he is licensed to guide or not.  But all in all, just because the dude has money, he should not have to pay a higher fine or pay a larger penalty than the average guy. :twocents:

Offline b.roberts

• Hunter
Re: Re: Gov Tag Bull. Tod Reichert
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2012, 06:39:01 PM »
:yeah:  well said bearpaw. lots of do gooders here. amazing that out of 2000+ members on here not one of them has never done anything to break the law once in there life. wish i was that good.

I wish i was as well.  I broke the law.  I reported myself.  My punishment was much less severe.  And I am just a poor carpenter that represented myself. 

Offline b.roberts

• Hunter
Re: Re: Gov Tag Bull. Tod Reichert
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2012, 06:57:02 PM »
First let me be clear, I beleive everyone should follow the law regardless of income level.

Class Warfare
Now, I would like to say I think the hatred displayed in this topic is disgusting. Just because somebody has more money than you do does not make them any less of a sportsman. In fact, in my own experience including the thousands of hunters I personally know, I would say that many hunters who are more successful in life are often far more sportsmanlike than many of the local slobs I see in the woods breaking every law they can get away with and poaching for no reason other than to kill.

Scouting From The Air
I believe the law is this way. You can scout all you want from the air. I have thought about doing it, but never have. As long as you don't hunt (carry a gun on the mountain) within a day after flying then your scouting is legal. Unless they flew or had somebody flying the same day they hunted, then no law was broken.

Lieing To Forest Officer
So the guy messed up, he lied to a forest cop about paying the guide. I am willing to bet that almost every member on this forum has cheated the system or lied about something to the government before. Broken the speed limit, broken some hunting or fishing law, lied to the IRS about something on their taxes, etc. The guy got caught, he is paying the maximum fine, and he cannpot recreate in any form on NFS for 2 years. Give me a break that he is not paying a high price for his small mistake. A mistake in judgement that is likely no more than many of you have made at some point in your life. My guess is that the guy has suffered more in embarrasment than most of you can imagine.

Hunting Hard
It has also been my experience that most well-to-do hunters are as willing to work harder on a hunt than many average folks. We took a couple guys from Denmark hunting last fall. One guy is pretty common (income-wise), the other guy is very well to do and owns businesses in several countries, yet they are best friends and hunting partners. Both hunted very hard and both were rewarded with large male cougar. They spent a day in the kitchen after the hunt making me and my guides one of the best meals we have ever had just because they wanted to treat us.

But honestly, it shouldn't matter if a guy hunts hard or not. It should be optional how hard anyone wants to hunt and how much effort they want to put into any hunt. Where is it written that a hunt has to be hard. Hunting should be about going to the woods and enjoying the outdoors any legal way you like and spending whatever amount of money you choose to spend in the process. This mentallity that a hunt has to be hard and that because one guy chooses to spend more than another is just dispicable and not what hunting should be about.

I have tried to make hunts easier on my kids, wife, family members, and clients whenever possible. Unless of course someone prefers to do it the hard way. To be even more honest, as I get older I can see I will be looking for easier forms of hunting as the years go by, just hope I will be able to enjoy a good road hunt or stand hunt when I am 80, some of you guys may have that outlawed by then because it's too frickin easy. What the hell are you going to do at 80 when it is required that you do 200 pushups and hike in 10 miles before you can start hunting.  :bash:

And please, don't you dare go 1 mile an hour over the speed limit for the rest of your life.  :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

I will get off my soapbox now.  :hello:

That was one of the best posts I have read. Thanks.  You said what I was trying to convey a lot better than I was able to. 

And if huntnphool's comment about low post count was about me,  I don't comment much.  I am here almost daily, reading and learning from those that have much more experience than I.  I felt compelled to post on this topic because I had my own mistake recently.  I paid a lot less for my mistake and I am an average Joe.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2012, 07:55:36 PM »
And if huntnphool's comment about low post count was about me,  I don't comment much.  I am here almost daily, reading and learning from those that have much more experience than I.  I felt compelled to post on this topic because I had my own mistake recently.  I paid a lot less for my mistake and I am an average Joe.
Nope, wasn't about anyone in particular, just a interesting observation. ;)
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline workstohunt

• Scout
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2012, 08:32:53 AM »
I don't post much either, BUT there is workStohunt and also worktohunt!
Just pointing out the difference Phool :tup:
Its all good :)

Offline Austrian Hunter

• Frontiersman
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2012, 09:09:46 AM »
I recently cheated the speed limits a little on my way to Mississippi to hog hunt and shoot gar.
I have a couple cars that will exceed the maximum allowable limit in less than 5 seconds, I do my best to keep from calling Pope for bail :chuckle:

We all make mistakes at times and learn as we mature, nobody is perfect.

HMMM, I heard about your cars, maybe one day you send me a pic???  I fell off my chair when I heard what you have in the garage.   :yike:

Offline WSU

• Old Salt
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2012, 09:49:18 AM »
Whats interesting is that several guys that have been members on here for quite some time, yet have less than 100 posts total, feel compelled to finally make comments when it comes to threads like this.

Doubt that we'll see much coming about as a result of that either but may be a fine and bans on guiding or providing professional services on federal lands for a period of time.
He knew the rules and regulations prior to breaking them in 07, yet he completely disregarded them anyway. What convinces you that this "ban" will result in a change in character?

Amazing isnt it Phool?????  The rich just do as they please, get a minor slap on the wrist.. and still get to hunt..  You or I would be hung out to dry because we do not spend hundreds of thousands of dollars like Reichert and Agnew... So we do not get the special treatments they do ....

Exactly what special treatment did they get?  They got charged with the crimes that fit what they did.  They pled guilty, and are being sentenced within what the statute provides for.

Offline b.roberts

• Hunter
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2012, 05:33:12 PM »
Sorry about that workstohunt.  Very small buttons on my smartphone. ;-)

Offline rosscrazyelk

• BMM
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2012, 06:52:45 PM »
Lot of good points on here and some crazy ones as well. In the end this just puts another bad spotlight on hunting that we do not need..
If its brown knock it down

Offline JJB11B

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2017, 05:34:38 PM »
Lot of good points on here and some crazy ones as well. In the end this just puts another bad spotlight on hunting that we do not need..
Yeah :yeah:
"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever."
Shane Falco

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]

CVA optima V2 LR tapped hole for front sight by Remdawg