collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Bear tag question  (Read 7191 times)

Offline billythekidrock

• Varmint
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Explorer
Re: Bear tag question
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2012, 05:28:40 AM »
They can give a ticket for that only if you have your archery deer tag on you. While you are out hunting with your rifle, And that unit is open for archery deer.

I really don't think having a tag has anything to do with it. If that was the case, simply don't pull that tag out of your pocket when asked. Show the warden your bear tag. You're either hunting deer or your not. Simply having a tag on your person does not prove anything. I keep all my tags together and carry all of them whenever I'm hunting, along with my hunting license.

I have been told by Enforcement that it does matter and you can be cited.
Last year I was also told that if I had already used my archery elk tag that I should give elk a wide berth while archery deer hunting. If they can say you were stalking or pushing elk then you are hunting and without a tag they would cite you.

So they could cite you BECAUSE you have a tag, and they can also cite you because you DON'T have a tag.  :dunno: 

In my opinion, if they ask me if I'm hunting elk, and I say no I'm hunting deer, then that should be that. They should take my word for it, unless they did in fact witness me stalking elk and attempting to shoot one. Just because I'm in an area that may have elk, doesn't mean I'm hunting them. For all they know I could be hunting grouse or rabbits. I don't think it's right that they can cite someone just because they THINK that person may be doing, or may in the future, do something illegal.

Guilty until proven innocent.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal