collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Need Help on where to go hunting?  (Read 131724 times)

Offline ELK SHOT

• Elkshot
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • 4x5 last year
  • Groups: none
Re: Need Help on where to go hunting?
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2013, 07:49:48 PM »
I was drawn for a modern rifle Elk permit in the 653 unit white river this year,is there anyone with info on where to go hunt for a Bull Elk up in the Hancock property?thanks  :IBCOOL:
Just a hunter in the woods

Offline deltaops

• Longhunter
  • “Heads” I win, “Tails” you lose!
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2013, 09:44:32 PM »
I was drawn for a modern rifle Elk permit in the 653 unit white river this year,is there anyone with info on where to go hunt for a Bull Elk up in the Hancock property?thanks  :IBCOOL:

PM sent
"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln

Offline gonfishin

• Pilgrim
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2013, 12:10:52 PM »
any help would be great. we are going to eastern wa to hunt the pomeroy area for the first time. thanks to work we havent had a chance to do any scouting. 6.5 hr drive... any help with areas to go for a good deer hunt would be appreciated. thanks.

Offline bighoss

• Can you skin Griz?
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Pilgrim
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2013, 08:48:14 AM »
Hello all,

Reaching out for some help with this. 

Here is the situation at hand.  My 83 year old grandfather has been a avid hunter his entire life. However his spirit for the hunt is still there, but his physical ability to get there has gone down hill.  I have tried for nearly two years now to get him back in the saddle with no luck until about a week ago.  My luck being what it is, most seasons are spinning down and he is dead set on shooting a Doe.  He simply wants to have meet in the freezer for him self.   

Any ideas how to persue this possable one time opportunity for a hunter at heart with a disabled body.
"You, you, and you ... Panic. The rest of you, come with me."
- U.S. Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt.

Offline sagewalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Hunter
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2013, 03:47:04 PM »
looking for some advice on where to go this weekend for east side modern rifle elk.  Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 07:25:05 PM by sagewalker »
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”

Offline bobcat

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Legend
    • robert68
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2013, 04:11:32 PM »
The Olympic Peninsula has some nice bulls. Or, another good option is SW Washington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline cliffordingles

• Hunter
  • Groups: U.S. Army
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2013, 08:50:37 PM »
Can anyone help me with some duck areas near Eatonville? I'm trying to get my 17 year old brother inlaw in to the sport but all my spot are way to far for him to drive... any help would be great!

Offline MuleyMania

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: Rmef and mule deer foundation
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2013, 06:32:35 AM »
Anyone have information on unit 272 beezely late archery any information would be helpful

Offline hornlvr

• Tracker
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2013, 06:19:42 AM »
I am a 68 year old bowhunter living in Deer Park. I moved to WA 5 years ago and have yet to kill a whitetail.  I don't have anyone here to hunt with, all my friends are out of state.  You must meet other hunters in similar situations, that would like to hunt with you, that are looking for a partner.  I am on a fixed income, but would like to schedule a 5 day unguided archery hunt for next year, or one of your specials. If you have other prospective clients looking for same/similar near to my area we could apply together, share costs, etc.

I know you're busy, but when you have an opportunity to reply it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Offline Jay

• Pilgrim
  • Groups: none
plan on having her have her course done, wanna go deer or elk hunting. live near lacey wa,  don't mind traveling, in service, just moved to jblm three yrs ago, now im deciding I wanna go hunting again, but figured id get my girlfriends eleven yr old daughter interested to. gunna ask her this week. I have a games and wildlife class from texas, so any feed back, apprecieated, thinking about bow, bu probably go with rifle this yr.

Offline Russ McDonald

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • USN ET3 SW 87-92, USS Excel MSO 439
  • Groups: NWTF, NRA
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2013, 04:04:59 PM »
Welcome to the site.  Unfortunatley your a little late for elk and deer hunting.  Everything is pretty much over except for coyote or cougar hunting for big game.  I believe upland bird and duck and goose hunting are going on too.
Russell McDonald
President South Sound NWTF Chapter and WA state board NWTF
The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline HillSlick

• Hunter
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2014, 11:19:48 PM »
I live in the Seattle/Tacoma area, and I'm looking to do some Varmint hunting with my .22, does anyone have any recommendations? Please and THANK YOU!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline havershap

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Tracker
  • Groups: NRA, RMEF, CRPA, Wyoming Wildlife Foundation
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2014, 05:11:58 AM »
I will be visiting in Bothel this fall from California and I'd like to work in a few half-day duck hunts while I'm there.  So I'm looking for places to hunt.  I would be most interested in jump shooting or pass shooting but hunting over decoys is possible too, as long as I don't need dozens of them.  I've found the Snoqualamie Wildlife Area on the Internet and it seems like it might contain some places that fit the bill.  Can anyone suggest anyplace, either within the Snoqualamie Wildlife Area or someplace else nearby?
Thanks in advance,
Ed

Offline Ianmor85

• Pilgrim
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2014, 01:39:42 PM »
Well this site seems to have a ton of good info, I'm brand new to hunting and I plan on heading over to 621 for modern deer regular and late season. I'm somewhat familiar with the lilliwaup hoodsport area and have property on a small lake in that area.  Just looking for any advice for that area.  Not looking for your honey hole or secret spots just some good areas to scout since 621 is rather large. Like I said this is my first hunting experience and I'll take any help I can get!  Feel free to send a message if you'd like.

Thanks! 

Offline mrstorms

• Pilgrim
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2014, 05:04:18 PM »
hello to all. this site is the greatest thing i have found in a hot minute. to start off with, I have had my hunters license for 2 and a half years and this season will be the first time I will be here to actually be able to hunt. I am aiming for archery this year in GMU 627, 633, or 624 but i will also attempt a modern firearm season if i do not succeed. in all honesty the only skills i have in regards to hunting is the ability to shoot. i have field dressed a goat before (yes i know its not a deer... lol) so i know i am not uncomfortable with the blood or the smell. i am not here to ask for you to hold my hand through the process (would be nice though. lol just kidding) or for you to show me your secret spot that you've been scouting all year, but i am asking for the general information that the hunters course doesn't provide. all in all, i am just really hoping for is someone to say, hey, this is where most people hunt in this area just park your truck here and good luck, don't get lost or yes its alright to hunt in this area or hey, you might want to pack this at a bare minimum if you are gonna try this. anyway, thank you for taking the time to read this (if you get to this point atleast). hope you have a nice day.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal