collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Cherry Valley Pheasant Release Meeting  (Read 1971 times)

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
Cherry Valley Pheasant Release Meeting
« on: June 19, 2013, 12:04:29 PM »
Anyone who is interested/uses the Cherry Valley Pheasant Release program please attend this meeting. We're working on getting Cherry Valley back to a useable state. I think we all have the same needs, knocking down canary grass and leaving variable height cover. Hope to meet/see some of you at the meeting. It is held at the old Prison Honor Farm Office.(Now Qualco Energy/Dairy Farm) PM me with any questions.

Greetings CAG members.

I wanted to touch base with you and remind you of our next scheduled CAG meeting on July 2 2013. I would like to use this meeting to discuss pheasant hunting and the pheasant release volunteer program currently in place. I plan on using a similar format as last meeting. I want to invite pheasant hunters, and known pheasant release volunteers for an “information exchange” meeting. I will be following up this message with an email request to anyone I have contact information for. I will cc CAG members so they know who I am contacting, so they can contact others that I may have missed. 

As a follow up to the last CAG meeting and dog trials and training, I am meeting with Paul tomorrow to discuss and move forward with that.

I appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you soon.

Respectfully;

-Brian Boehm
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
Re: Cherry Valley Pheasant Release Meeting
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 12:08:33 PM »
 :tup:

I know you mentioned before that the land was too wet to grow corn on... Or so they say... If my memory serves me right the farm just to the south grows corn nearly every year or so so how can it bee too wet?

Is there some other kind of crop that could be planted there?
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline Happy Gilmore

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
Re: Cherry Valley Pheasant Release Meeting
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 01:18:07 PM »
:tup:

I know you mentioned before that the land was too wet to grow corn on... Or so they say... If my memory serves me right the farm just to the south grows corn nearly every year or so so how can it bee too wet?

Is there some other kind of crop that could be planted there?

My landlord has farmed it before. It's very wet for lengthy spring periods. Makes it hard to have time to plow and prep for planting then, often in the fall around time to chop the corn it again gets wet. There are many more suitable properties available to the farmers without getting into a share cropping deal with the State is what I was told. Remember, the number of dairies in the valley has dropped. The nearest dairy is down to just enough cows to sell milk along the highway. His herd is down to a minimum. There isn't a demand for silage corn or grass like there was even 10 years ago. So, long story short, the land would take a lot of work to get back into shape and there is land which IS in shape and not having all the acreage farmed at this time.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
Theodore Roosevelt 1899

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal