collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: New to Coyote/Bobcat Hunting  (Read 11480 times)

Offline trippledigitss

• 1.21 Jigawatts!?!
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: New to Coyote/Bobcat Hunting
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2012, 12:06:57 PM »
Ryno - set them up with that spot you took me & your buddy to where there was a bunch of signs. Or the other one you & I went to near Granite. I'm not gonna say anything about where it is unless you give the OK.

How far are you guys willing to travel? I know some good spots over on the eastside. Shoot nowadays those dirty things are damn near behind every bush!
Sure give out all my secret spots. Lol! It's all DNR land so open to everyone. Have never called anything in there though. Not for lack of trying. Bring your shotgun and your patience. I might be able to play tour guide next weekend.

Man as much signs we saw at that place I cant believe you havent pulled a few out of there yet. There was scat freaking everywhere.
I aint superstitious - cuz its bad luck!
Global Warming: The #1 threat to Unicorns!

Offline stryker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Re: New to Coyote/Bobcat Hunting
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2012, 12:16:33 PM »
What - you can sell hides? Shoot I didnt know that! I just let them rot or give them to this chick in kirkland. (she is probably selling them!)

Hey Ryno, whats up dude, long time. Are seriously telling him not to buy a new gun!? Hell YES buy a new gun dude!! Then if you dont like it or want a different one, then buy that one too! And another, and another.... :chuckle:

And remember, when you hearing howling dogs and you howl or bark back, alot of times they wont answer or will just shut up all together. But that doesnt mean they are (oops NOT) coming in for a look so STAY STILL and keep your eyes PEELED! But I dont think I've ever got one to come in on a howl, always distress, rodent, rabbit, or pup. I've had them answer, but most of the time they clam up. A week or two back it sounded like the whole damn westside population was yipping in the "woods" behind my house, I kicked open the back door and let out a couple barks and locator howl - crickets. So I tried a challenge howl. They didnt make another noise all night.

I need to get out & dead some dogs but between work, soccer & fishing I just dont have the time anymore. Plus I started a part-time at Home Depot to save the extra money to buy a boat. So now anything remotely close to "free-time" is long gone. That was stupid :bash: but a year from now when I am in my new Trophy I'll look back with a smile! I hope!

Good luck fatrobber and welcome to predator hunting! :tup:

Your not far from me if you can hear that racket. Those little *censored*s got 2 of my cats and our only chicken. They spend a lot of time in the fields just south of Olympic Nursery. They like to start up right after I let the dogs out and bring them back in. Just enough time to grab the .22 and the light. There were a dozen sets of eyes last time I had the light on them.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 12:23:15 PM by stryker »

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU