collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Set up Camp on Colockum Last Weekend  (Read 11190 times)

Offline 400out

• Radio Active YAR
  • Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old Salt
  • HA HA! VERY FUNNY!
Re: Set up Camp on Colockum Last Weekend
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2012, 07:27:45 PM »
Really huntbear...  i went to all your meetings in ellensburg.  I hunt..  ive been over an over with this with courts and game wardens.   you guys think its ok to thrash and steal from my camp just because people figured out who i am and where i camp.  That shows a lot of class.      :bdid:

Careful how you bunch "YOU PEOPLE" into one category... .kind of the pot calling the kettle black there..

Just because you go to meetings, means nothing...  UNLESS you are willing to help work together for a viable solution with everyone, that will PRESERVE the hunting heritage for EVERYONE, there will be issues...  the blatant shoving of elk slaughter in everyones face does nothing but perpetuate the issue. 

IF you are really wanting to solve the issues, and work with WDFW and others and solve the issues... posts like the ones above do nothing to show it... just shows you as someone that really does not care...  I never see Plat or Coastal talking smack like that...  and they both have my respect.   :dunno: :dunno:

As for people trashing your camps... some trail cams and a call to the law with pictures would solve that problem it seems to me.   :dunno:

Not saying there is not bad apples that do that kind of crap... hell, they do that to white peoples camps too...
:yeah: :yeah: hmmmmmmmm duhhhh look from the outside in!!!!!!!!!! If it was letf to you all it would be no more! Now you go out with nthing more than home made arrows and bows and chase game I good! But you go out and shoot with modern and net then sell on the highway! NOT GOOD! TRASH as far as I'm concerned!
Granted the ability to cause a A nuclear explosion that produces a rapid release of energy from a higher power resulting in the sudden and catastrophic demise of a thread.

Confucius say:
A crowded elevator smells different to a midget!
Man that go to bed with itchy butt wake up with stinky fingers!
Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2012, 08:54:14 PM »
 :yike: Holy chit! just checked the Trough Snotel site (Sheep Springs) and  for backup I checked Upper Wheeler and they both said 13-14"  :yike:Grouse camp site burned up.
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline golfguy0912

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Hunter
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2012, 08:57:35 PM »
:yike: Holy chit! just checked the Trough Snotel site (Sheep Springs) and  for backup I checked Upper Wheeler and they both said 13-14"  :yike:Grouse camp site burned up.

I was at the Upper Wheeler Rd today just above Wenatchee Heights with my dad and his muzzy cow tag this morning. Snowing like crazy with about a foot on the ground already. Couldnt imagine how much is up on top.

Offline sled

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2012, 09:10:26 PM »
  Tribes are out hunting since we saw a few gut piles either ON the road, or right next to it, and was driving  Colockum pass rd just  south of Petit, came around a corner to a GMC Sierra Ex cab with all four doors open in the middle of the road ( not quite blocking). As we drove by I suggested to the 6 N/A's  (walking back to the truck) that they might want to close the doors next time :bash:

Pic 2 is last year....Pic 1 is this year
  waiting for the day i come across somthing like that.

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Old Salt
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2012, 09:15:18 PM »

I was at the Upper Wheeler Rd today just above Wenatchee Heights with my dad and his muzzy cow tag this morning. Snowing like crazy with about a foot on the ground already. Couldnt imagine how much is up on top.
Yeah....and I have to tow mine up there tomorrow or Friday morning and I'm trying to co-ordinate so none of us is heading up alone. AND we may have to go up and move the one there lower.
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

Offline littlemac

• Scout
  • Life Member NRA, Life RMEF, Life SCI
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2012, 08:41:57 AM »
Never any fun getting caught with the first snow that stays.  Better safe than sorry my dad always said.  We didn't heed his warning one year and dang near had to leave our trailer there.

At least the hunting will be left to serious hunters if the snow stays. :tup:
"It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor even the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change."

-- Charles Darwin

Offline hunt4

• Scout
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2012, 09:01:26 AM »
@ huntergreg!!  I call b.s.  juss another cry baby making stories up..  you probably seen a camp with 30 elk hung up too...... blah.  Blah. Blah.

10 yards off main road another 150 yards away is what I saw,  Oct 6th opening morning muzzleloader.   No Idea why or who?
Pretty sad sight, with the 8 year old daughter asking why would some one leave it lay?

Offline PlateauNDN

• Y.A.R. Medicine Man
  • Explorer
  • R.I.P. Colockumelk 20130423. Semper Fi!
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2012, 09:22:44 AM »
@ huntergreg!!  I call b.s.  juss another cry baby making stories up..  you probably seen a camp with 30 elk hung up too...... blah.  Blah. Blah.

10 yards off main road another 150 yards away is what I saw,  Oct 6th opening morning muzzleloader.   No Idea why or who?
Pretty sad sight, with the 8 year old daughter asking why would some one leave it lay?

I know the feeling hunt4.  as i previously shared this story I had to try and explain to my youngest children as well why someone would do this.  I don't know who did but it does piss me off because it was a waste of meat. :bdid: :bash:  i don't know if the gammies will catch whoever did it but at least they got the info. i provided and hopefully they can make something out of it. :dunno:

as i've shared before talking doesn't do anything to solve the issues and if we continue to fight and bicker that will get us nowhere.  we all enjoy what has been placed before us and both sides have bad apples that ruin it for everybody else.  the bad apples that poach and waste meat and don't care about their actions or the consequences and effects it causes are the ones that give both sides bad names.  if they're committing crimes then they need to be dealt with more harshly then the slaps on the hands they get.
If you can read thank a teacher, If you can read in English thank a Marine! 
Not as Lean, Just as Mean, Still a Marine!
He who shed blood with me shall forever be my brother!

"Around this camp, there's only one Chief; the rest are Indians!"

"Give me 15 more minutes, I was dreaming of Beavers!"

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by dilleytech
[Today at 08:16:45 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101
[Today at 07:22:11 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Loup Loup
[Today at 07:16:30 AM]