collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Ebey Island Duck Hunters  (Read 34653 times)

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
Re: Ebey Island Duck Hunters
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2012, 06:40:41 PM »
 :yeah:  I' m more of an elitist duckhunter than a elite st uplander and wouldn't ever think of waterfowling on a release site, really would be kinda nuts . Common sense would be to wear orange also, but if they had that they wouldn't be there I guess :chuckle:
I’d support everyone wearing hunter orange.  Not that I’m an elitist, I like to shoot ducks too but the hunter density is just too high for safety when some are camo-ed up and hiding in the grass.

You guys that are out there, full camo, face paint, hiding in the grass, no blind, no decoys, no call, not even near open water, you’re just nuts.  :yike: :yike: :yike: You’re an accident waiting to happen.  :bdid: :bdid: :bdid: I can't think of a better way to get shot. :stup:

NATURE HAS A WAY

"All good things must come to an end"

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

Offline Roper

• Tracker
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2012, 05:37:55 PM »

You guys that are out there, full camo, face paint, hiding in the grass, no blind, no decoys, no call, not even near open water, you’re just nuts.  :yike: :yike: :yike: You’re an accident waiting to happen.  :bdid: :bdid: :bdid: I can't think of a better way to get shot. :stup:

You guys that shoot pheasants before there's a good bit of blue sky under their feet would be making that accident happen, would you not? I've never shot the ground hunting pheasants...

Offline Stilly bay

• Sourdough
  • ELITIST WEST SIDE DITCH PARROT HUNTER
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2012, 06:16:39 PM »

You guys that shoot pheasants before there's a good bit of blue sky under their feet would be making that accident happen, would you not? I've never shot the ground hunting pheasants...

maybe the accident he is referring to is the crapping of his pants when he realizes that even though the bird had blue sky behind it, they were still shooting right over a hidden duck hunters head.

personally I don't want to shoot any where near another person, and it happens pretty easy when the other person is hidden and covered in camo and they don't let you know they are there.

many of these sites on the wet side have dikes surrounding them which can put many an invisible duck hunter a lot closer to that blue sky when the pheasant hunter is on the ground.

I am not saying there is any excuse or reason for a shooting accident; but there are plenty of opportunities out there for close calls and  near misses.

I will also add that I believe 70% of the claims about getting shot at a release site are from pellets losing energy and coming back down from across the field. what goes up must come back down.
"Love the dogs before loving the hunt; love the hunt for the dogs." - Ben O. Williams

“It is easy to forget that in the main we die only seven times more slowly than our dogs.”
― Jim Harrison

Offline Roper

• Tracker
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2012, 07:12:00 PM »
So, is anyone going to complain when I show up at 8:00AM in hunter orange, walk to the water and jump shoot ducks...? I certainly hope not...see you out there...

Offline Kola16

• <><
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Go Cougs!
    • https://www.facebook.com/robbie.v.bailey16
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2012, 07:15:52 PM »
I was just thinking........I would LOVE to be shot with a shotgun just once. Turn my back, wear a thick coat and get shot from 300 yards. I could always say...."Ya, I've been shot with a shotgun before!  8):dunno: :chuckle: :chuckle: :sry:

Anyone want to say that they have shot someone before  :dunno: Let me know  :chuckle: :chuckle: :sry:
If guns kill people...then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat!

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy!"   -Billy Currington

Offline Stilly bay

• Sourdough
  • ELITIST WEST SIDE DITCH PARROT HUNTER
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2012, 07:28:53 PM »
So, is anyone going to complain when I show up at 8:00AM in hunter orange, walk to the water and jump shoot ducks...? I certainly hope not...see you out there...

I would buy you a cold one  for such a fine and uncommon display of common sense.
"Love the dogs before loving the hunt; love the hunt for the dogs." - Ben O. Williams

“It is easy to forget that in the main we die only seven times more slowly than our dogs.”
― Jim Harrison

Offline Roper

• Tracker
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2012, 09:12:05 PM »

I would buy you a cold one  for such a fine and uncommon display of common sense.

Look for the old fart in the avatar...and make it a really cold one, Thanks

Offline BigFoot02

• Tracker
    • www.highlonesome-outfitters.com
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2012, 07:01:23 PM »
Such a damn waste... Been killing ducks on ebey long before the orange army showed up. Lots of memories and lots of great hunting. I have invested time and money on some blinds out there too... All to be ruined by wanna be super hunters killing farm raised birds! I don't see the sport or challenge in hunting farm pets.. Will be making several angry phone calls to the state tomorrow.

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2012, 07:30:08 AM »
Such a damn waste... Been killing ducks on ebey long before the orange army showed up. Lots of memories and lots of great hunting. I have invested time and money on some blinds out there too... All to be ruined by wanna be super hunters killing farm raised birds! I don't see the sport or challenge in hunting farm pets.. Will be making several angry phone calls to the state tomorrow.

Don't knock till you try it!  I used to feel the same way about hunting farm raised birds until I tried it and found out how much my dogs loved and needed the work. For most of us it's all about the dog and it's the only feasible opportunity to hunt pheasants in Washington. As for hunting ducks on public land welll :rolleyes: don't think the orange army makes much difference considering the short time they are there during (Oct. Nov.).... Dec. and Jan. is usually the best for ducks and you got the whole Island to yourselves if you choose to hunt public land which there is no way I would since they're crawling with wanna bee super duck hunters ALL week and ALL day long, so get off your ivory tower,stop your wining and find some private land for some quality waterfowling :chuckle: 
NATURE HAS A WAY

"All good things must come to an end"

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal