collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Young pup  (Read 10051 times)

Offline RifleRidge

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Young pup
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 05:34:41 PM »
I know it's not legal but I agree with CoryTDF, I may have had to take him home! That's about the cutest thing I've ever seen.  I could have trained him to steal and kill my neighbors evil roosters!!! I hate those damn things.

:yeah:

Offline Jonathan_S

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Old Salt
  • Volleyfire Brigade, Cryder apologist
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 05:40:12 PM »
I know it's not legal but I agree with CoryTDF, I may have had to take him home! That's about the cutest thing I've ever seen.  I could have trained him to steal and kill my neighbors evil roosters!!! I hate those damn things.

:yeah:

They're easy to run down too.  When you're holding them, they don't even try to get away.  Recommend keeping they're teeth away from fingers.
Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with too many facts.

Offline GEARHEAD

• Sourdough
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 12:57:20 PM »
back in spring, a farmer, whom i know well, his wife wouldn't let me hunt yotes, on their ground, she even found a den and took food to it i found out. well a year later, a missing dog, killed cat and a cat rescued while being carried away by a yote, i was not only asked to come by to hunt, but directed to the den, four of those little cuties downed and one adult. funny how easy people can change their mind on things. makes three people (wives really) now whom in the past wanted the coyotes protected, then lost a dear pet and then started calling me., lol.

Offline inchtowntracking

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 09:55:15 PM »
I guess I am heartless I wouldn't even hesitate pulling the trigger. To me more its animals saved.

Offline ORCA_SIX

• RLTW!
  • Scout
  • Bring out your dead!
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 03:19:32 PM »
I guess I am heartless I wouldn't even hesitate pulling the trigger. To me more its animals saved.

What's the difference between now or later? In the end they are what we believe them to be and we are what we find our selves to be. Coyotes as well as wolves are more pack dominant than other animals most of us typically hunt. So there is a likely chance they will be picked up by some other Coyote.

Obviously there are a lot of ethical issues for some people on this topic. Just stating at the end, in their adult life, you would shoot them.

Please don't read into the post. Just stating what is factual when they are adults compared to juveniles/ babies.
“If a man’s life is not long enough, a dog’s is even shorter and anything you can do to make that fuller is worthwhile"

"Be worthy of your game"

George Bird Evans

Offline Kola16

• <><
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Go Cougs!
    • https://www.facebook.com/robbie.v.bailey16
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 03:32:16 PM »

What's the difference between now or later? In the end they are what we believe them to be and we are what we find our selves to be. Coyotes as well as wolves are more pack dominant than other animals most of us typically hunt. So there is a likely chance they will be picked up by some other Coyote.

Obviously there are a lot of ethical issues for some people on this topic. Just stating at the end, in their adult life, you would shoot them.

Please don't read into the post. Just stating what is factual when they are adults compared to juveniles/ babies.

It is weird actually. If I saw a wolf that size, I would blast away (if legal to do so)  :dunno:
If guns kill people...then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat!

"God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy!"   -Billy Currington

Offline tlbradford

• Frontiersman
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 07:07:57 PM »
Everyone who hunts coyotes from April until August needs to be aware that they may be leaving these cute little guys to die of starvation and dehydration.  Bring a shovel, backtrack to the den, and do a little mercy killing if you kill a wet bitch.
Dreams are forever on the mind, realization in the hands.

Offline tlbradford

• Frontiersman
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 07:09:19 PM »
I forgot to say, " Awesome photo Falfire!"
Dreams are forever on the mind, realization in the hands.

Offline Heredoggydoggy

• Old Salt
  • Team I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS $H!T !
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 07:35:57 PM »
Everyone who hunts coyotes from April until August needs to be aware that they may be leaving these cute little guys to die of starvation and dehydration.  Bring a shovel, backtrack to the den, and do a little mercy killing if you kill a wet bitch.

Same with early rockchucks.  Shoot a female and you could be dooming a litter of pups in the burrow to death by starvation.
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

When Bernie Madoff did it, it's called a "Ponzi Scheme"
When Government does it, it's called "Social Security"

Offline FALFire

• Crazy Old Man with a Gun!
  • Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 11:21:30 AM »
I forgot to say, " Awesome photo Falfire!"

Well don't thank me...Varmint Ventilator sent me that photo. He found the den one day and took a few photos, I just posted it cause I thought it was pretty cool.

I just wished I could get out after the adult ones now but this cold/flu has got the best of me right now and I don't feel like leavin' the sofa so you guys have fun. When I get to feeling better, I'll dust off the old 22-250 and get busy. Already killed a few and sent 9 to the taxi but it was before Nov. 1, I was able to find one out and about, it was an "Opportunity dog" It had the opportunity to go out mousin' then had the opportunity to die for being within rifle range.

Hopefully, when we get my dad's place sold and I get him all moved over here.... I can get a bit more serious about this calling thing but I still have two more truck and trailer loads of crap to move 300 miles and the Pass might be getting some snow real soon  :bash:
Checkin' wind and makin' smoke.
That's how I roll...

Offline VarmintVentilator

• Scout
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 12:53:49 PM »
Falfire, you're just laying around the house cough'in and hack'in, post the family photo.   :tung:

Offline FALFire

• Crazy Old Man with a Gun!
  • Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2012, 01:17:33 PM »
Okay....OKay!!!

Checkin' wind and makin' smoke.
That's how I roll...

Offline seth30

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
  • It's time to HUNT!
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2012, 01:18:28 AM »
cute little buggers
Rather be dead than cool.
Kurt Cobain

Offline Hilltop123

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2012, 06:12:28 PM »
Once while heading into P&T land, to do some fishing, we seen one probably smaller that the one pictured, cross the road. I slammed on the brakes. Grabbed, my heavy flannel shirt and was in hot pursuit, I caught up with the little shaver and tossed my shirt over him/her, and snatched it up! Well, that little shaver proceeded to sh!t from one end of that flannel to the other.........both pup and shirt got tossed.......but we looked him/her over real good first........and sent it on it's way.........always wondered where and how far away mama was???????

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal