collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: First successful hunt... ever!!  (Read 4438 times)

Offline Doc Sauce

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: First successful hunt... ever!!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 11:25:59 AM »
Boy just turned 6...  I would have started him a little before he turned 5, but we (as in my family) were not in a position to start doing these things yet.  I bought him a cammie sweatshirt (so that he could have special hunting clothes too) and a 5 dollar long sleeved orange shirt that I cut the sleeves off of so that he could have a vest. 

I saw a pic on here of a dude out hunting with a kid in a backpack.  I thought that was great.

To the "elitists" like Fethrduster and Stilly Bay (who gave me some good advice... thanks y'all)... I am afraid I cannot go with the english setter.  GSP for me!! 

My wife told me she likes the idea of me comming home with birds more than comming home with big game.  She is more comfortable cooking birds and is nervous about having so much meat to try and figure out how to prepare.

I told her that was fine.  I have not finished spending the money I had planned on spending on big game, so it would not be a problem at all for me to start gearing up for birds.  I have seriously SERIOUSLY considered shifting my focus to be birds... hunt big game, but put my attention and heart into the winged meat category.

It was a blast.  My wife asked when I got my first gun... I knew where this was going.  I'm watching him (and his sisters) maturity and have started looking into youth shotguns and .22 rifles...  Life is good y'all... life is good.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]

Walked a cougar down by Rainier10
[Today at 11:17:49 AM]