collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: WA Raffle Moose Tag?  (Read 6403 times)

Offline MuleDeerCrazy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
Re: WA Raffle Moose Tag?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 06:35:23 PM »
Bone - man you guys are a tough crowd? 

As a matter of fact, I have your e-mail printed off in my file and do respect your opinion.  What I'd like to do and what I get time to do are two different things, but I am trying to line up a mule deer hunt for my daughter (just hasn't worked out to go to the Methow yet, that's all).

Did I say something that made you think I didn't listen to you?  I thought I replied with a thanks for the input and response? 

Can't tell if you guys are messing with me or actually think I'm a dork!?

Offline DeKuma

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 06:39:03 PM »
That is half the battle with theses guys on here.  Think we are all just a bunch of  :sas: s
- Scott

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 06:41:09 PM »
No, I was just flippin ya *censored*.  Anyone that draws that many moose tags in washington deserves just a little *censored* in their lifetime.  You just wasted so much time trying to find a buck in the Entiat, I thought I'd rub it in a little.   :)

Offline MuleDeerCrazy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scout
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 07:02:19 PM »
Yeah, I reckon I have it coming!  My buddies won't quit rubbing my belly for good luck, eventhough I keep telling them that's starting to weird my wife out!

As for all the time I spent in the Entiat, most people don't understand all the stress that comes with one of those tags.  It's a fine line between having a fun enjoyable hunt and stressing out over the fact you can't seem to find a monster, which everybody expects with a tag like that.

You can't kill a big one if you can't find a big one?  I'd rather be lucky than good.  All I can do is put in the time, do my best and hope for a little luck!

And I hope everybody else has a good year as well!!!

Offline popeshawnpaul

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
    • http://www.facebook.com/smccully
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 07:10:02 PM »
I personally am just jealous. 

I think people sensed your reluctance to share you won the raffle.  That made me wonder as well.  That being said, the guys are just givinig you crap for winning such a good tag.  We'll help in any way possible. 

Offline wrangler

• Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 07:54:09 PM »
dude you must have some seriously good karma...  i can't even win 2 bucks on a friggin scratch ticket let alone draw any kind of trophy big game tag. 9 years overall and not one tag in 3 states. sigh... i bet shanewa could hook up with your pick of about 9078954 record book moose! he's got 60 inchers tied up to every tree! oh wait, he... well ya know.. :chuckle:

Offline nwhunter

• Sourdough
  • nwhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 09:51:36 PM »
Wow MDC you are one lucky dude! As far as throwing him a bone on this hunt I can pitch in for Sam and say he has been more than happy to give me very good info on a couple of hunts I have been in on and we have only talked on the phone. He went as far as meet my brother , a total stranger , and drive him around the toutle for part of a day to help him out and he ended up getting a nice bull because of it. Good guys that help others out deserve a little help too. Sorry I don't have anything to help you with but someone will pitch in I'm sure. nwhunter

Offline PA BEN

• LINEMAN
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 05:55:34 AM »
It's not a matter of helping or not helping. I've helped a few here, but there's no way I'm going to cut my own throat and and give up my research and have someone hunting the moose of a life time that I would love to harvest.
MuleDeerCrazy QUOTE
 I'd be the first guy to help someone out if I could.  If you have a moose tag, what unit?  I've hunted the Selkirks, Huckleberry and have a couple buddies that're familiar with 49 DN and the Mt. Spokane Unit, and I'd be happy to help any way I can.  I routinely help out anybody that is doing their research and takes the time to ask.

I have lots of ideas, maybe too many, but I don't know it all, nor do I claim to, and am always open to other ideas or suggestions.  A lot of you guys are much more familiar with moose over there than I am and I respect your input and opinions.

Now don't take offence to this next statement, I call-em like I see em. But for one who is so knowledgeable on MOOSE and have all these buddies who know of MOOSE. How come we haven't had any input to all the MOOSE threads up until your tag? :dunno:
I've been hunting for 34 years and I'm from Chewelah, and I've helped a lot of new hunters and not so new hunters. I'm very careful who I give my long time hunting info too. I have helped people out and said keep this to your self, and the next thing I know they have 4 of there buddy's hunting there and the next year those 4 buddy's have 4 or 5 of there buddy's hunting there and my happy little hunting grounds are very crowded. So you can see why I question. I do know that most people without MOOSE tags are very helpful, and I'm one of them. I for one am very thankful for the help I've gotten. But I do notest that those of us with tags aren't posting the spots where we plan on hunting. Any hunter should understand this. Untill you have been burned you might not understand. I'll get off my soap box now

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal