collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Your electronic caller  (Read 14087 times)

Offline Jingles

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Your electronic caller
« on: November 12, 2012, 11:29:40 AM »
A few Questions for you that have e callers.
Which one do you have?
Are you pleased or displeased with it?
Does it have all the volume you need?
Are the sounds distorted when you crank up the volume?
Would you recommend it to a person looking at purchasing an E caller?

Thanks Everyone for responding

If anyone is using the Foxpro Wildfire or the Firestorm would especially be interested if you would have picked a different one now that you have been using it.
HMC/USN/RET
1969 -1990
The comments of this poster do not reflect the opinions of HUNTWA Administrators or Moderators unless they so state.

The duty of a Patriot is to protect his country from it's government

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
Re: Your electronic caller
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 11:43:03 AM »
I've got the cheapo Fox Pro Spitfire. Never have called anything in with it, yet. The volume is good, does not distort. I use mouth calls 99.99% of the time. Any way, I was in St. Maries Idaho wolf hunting and went into the sporting goods store there. The guy said, listen, it was the Primos Power Dog (?). That thing was kickass. The xray, super vision, beam sending remote sent the signal through clothes a wall and around a corner. Very impressed to say the least and loud. That will be my next one. It's kinda big, but I don't care myself. It worked great. $200ish
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

Offline Bofire

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
  • Harley YAR YAR YAR!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 04:43:47 PM »
 :) My foxpro scorpian is the cats ass, small, versatile and with the SP-55 add on  speaker very loud!!!!!!!!!!!! if you want. remote is excellant.
I really like it, had it a few years, it just works.
Carl
When the chips are down..... the buffalo is empty!!

I do not shop at Amazon

Offline fair-chase

• Sourdough
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 04:56:28 PM »
Currently running the Foxpro Firestorm. Upgraded from an FX5 2-3 years ago.

Pros:
1. Volume. Has the ability to be louder than I will ever need.
2. Clarity. Not much of an improvement over the FX5 but it's still great, especially when running both speakers.
3. Durable. Both of these callers will survive all but torrential downpours or direct submersion.

Cons:
1. Remotes. I actually like the FX5 series remote better than the Firestorms. I find the Firestorm remote harder to navigate and difficult to read especially on bright days.
2. Battery Life. This goes for most electronic calls. Invest in good rechargeable batteries now and save some money while increasing run time.

Offline Hunting7mm

• Scout
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 04:59:33 PM »
I use the foxpro fury but I think if I had it to do all over again, I would have bought the foxpro cs-24.
Love God and try to be good!!! Phil Robertson

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 05:22:23 PM »
I'm running a FOXPRO CS24B and jack in the box decoy.  I freaking love this setup.

I got no serious complaints, volume is pretty freaking awesome, sounds great, durable enough I guess.

the remote isn't as user friendly as I'd like (TX500)  there is too much learning curve and I still ain't figured the damm thing out 100%
Having difficulties getting foxbang, fox fade to work  :rolleyes:

Anyways, if you got 600 bucks to drop I'd reccomend it.  Well plus you'll be getting setup on batteries as they gotta be high mah rechargables. 

regular alkaline AA's WILL NOT WORK - probably goes for all higher end callers though.  People are digging the enloop batteries, but get the higher maH ones.  nimh batteries loose their charge over time, true for all of them it's just normal, but the enloop ones (and a few others now) loose their charge slower than a typical nimh would.  No big deal as I top them off before every calling session and I never leave the batteries in the caller.

I'm using batteries from walmart now, and honestly they are working damm fine.
I got the 4 pack Energizer with charger.  Make sure you look carefully though, I found most of them had the 1800mah batteries with the chargers but I dug deeper and found 2500mah batteries with charger for the same price, so I got like 3 of those and they seem to be working fine. 
Then I bought more batteries without chargers again looking for the highest mah I could find and swap em out.

Eventually I'll get a in truck charger so I can charge from the pickup, but I haven't needed too yet.

I got it out the foxpro custom shop and I highly reccomend you go that route if you choose a foxpro.  Reason being is I almost bought from allpredatorcalls.com and found they were out dated on the sound library and listed a whole bunch of free calls in their library that would count against your 100 free sounds (or 50 or 75 whatever)

By buying from foxpro direct I didn't use up any of my free 100 sounds you'd normally pay for with sounds out of the free download library that anyone can download and not pay. 

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 05:30:05 PM »
I didn't do a good job explaning that  :chuckle:

foxpro has a free to anyone download library
http://www.gofoxpro.com/site/products/soundpacks/free-sound-library.php

If you buy a foxpro caller you can download these sounds for free, and I have.   So you want to make sure these sounds are not part of your initial purchase, cause you can get em free later!

when I went to allpredatorcalls.com, I cross refrenced the sounds and found a bunch of those free ones on their site  >:(
So had I bought from them I'd have been wasting my "free 100 sounds with purchase of FOXPRO CS24B"

So don't do that  :chuckle:

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 05:48:50 PM »
Foxpro, $ 600 plus or Primos for under $200 that does exactly the samething if not better. Spend your money on a Foxpro, or go with Primos and buy another rifle....... :chuckle:

Offline jayrod9528

• Longhunter
  • Team Maybe Next Time
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 06:03:39 PM »
Foxpro, $ 600 plus or Primos for under $200 that does exactly the samething if not better. Spend your money on a Foxpro, or go with Primos and buy another rifle....... :chuckle:
I paid $365 for my brand new firestorm. You don't have to spend $600 to get a FOXPRO. I love the FOXPRO excellent sound nice package and with the FOXPRO batteries they are even better. My brother in law has the new Primos and it has plenty of volume has a nice controller and all in all it is a good call however, it is no FOXPRO. Some of the sounds sound like they were taken off a record or at best and 8track if the could improve the sound quality I would agree with you.
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted..If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job." Jose Ortega y Gasset

Offline AWS

• Sourdough
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 06:23:15 PM »
I'm a Minaska fan, I love the remote.  I keep trying Foxpros but hate having to scroll throught the sound to find one, I've had three and just cant find the love.  I'm running two Minaska M-1 Bandits and a Big Country. With 100 sounds you just have to punch two numbers and have any sound.  Intresting sidenote I can leave one remote in my vest and run any of the calls.

Keep hearing that Minaska will be back in the market place again, they still are in business and I get parts from them(someone stole my antenea at a show)
After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Offline Big10gauge

• Site Sponsor
  • Sourdough
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 08:33:54 PM »
Diehard Foxpro.I still run a Fury. Best part of owning a Foxpro is the great service if needed. I had a problem with mine once and Jerry Malbeck (Foxpro field staff) called me and then offered to lend me one while mine was serviced. The turnaround from the shop is fast.
[smg id=6490]

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 08:55:31 PM »
I paid $365 for my brand new firestorm. You don't have to spend $600 to get a FOXPRO. I love the FOXPRO excellent sound nice package and with the FOXPRO batteries they are even better. My brother in law has the new Primos and it has plenty of volume has a nice controller and all in all it is a good call however, it is no FOXPRO. Some of the sounds sound like they were taken off a record or at best and 8track if the could improve the sound quality I would agree with you.

The best Foxpros are over $600 and you know if it's a $200 Fxpro it's not good enough for some. I think the Primos is up there with the $600+ Foxpros from what I saw and heard. Can a Foxpro be turned on and off with ease ? I'm not kidding when I said it got turned on when it was on a shelf about 50 ft away and the signal was picked up going through clothes racks and behind a shelf wall. The remote had no line of sight to the Primos. I personally haven't had good luck with my Foxpro, maybe expect too much of it like they advertise on tv. I'll stick with my hand calls.

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 08:56:06 PM »
I'm a Minaska fan, I love the remote.  I keep trying Foxpros but hate having to scroll throught the sound to find one, I've had three and just cant find the love.  I'm running two Minaska M-1 Bandits and a Big Country. With 100 sounds you just have to punch two numbers and have any sound.  Intresting sidenote I can leave one remote in my vest and run any of the calls.

Keep hearing that Minaska will be back in the market place again, they still are in business and I get parts from them(someone stole my antenea at a show)

I can do that too,  punch 10 and you get sound #10 or #120 or #200 if you got that many loaded. 

I thought about getting a cheat card with a few well used sounds, but I can program 3 on the preset keys.   Honesly there isn't much of a reason to have more than 20 sounds on any given call session, hell I use 4 usually.

I run the jack in the box and ecaller with the same remote, so I carry 1 remote too.

:dunno:

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 09:34:41 PM »
Fury for me. Love everything about that caller.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline coyotecrazy

• Hunter
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 10:57:41 PM »
I've got the wildfire with the decoy attached. So far so good. My only complaint is the remote range. Can't seem to get the hundred yards it says.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand
[Yesterday at 08:06:13 PM]