collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Master elk hunt in Yakima  (Read 33195 times)

Offline Crunchy

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
Re: Master elk hunt in Yakima
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2012, 08:40:55 PM »
Need an eastside tag for this MH hunt if I remember correctly?? 

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2012, 08:44:24 PM »
I've got the right tag.   And I have no axe to grind.   As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I know a guy who had a good time and successful hunt there last year.

Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline Masterhunter340

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2012, 09:15:13 PM »
I have my same repeat customers that come every year and are successful. These others are just jealous. The first to pp me will get a free hunt and you can post it honestly on here and shut these cry babies up.

Offline ICEMAN

• Site Sponsor
  • Explorer
  • The opinionated one... Y.A.R. Exec. Staff
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2012, 09:17:03 PM »
Wow, that is putting the money where the mouth is. Let us know how this goes...
molṑn labé

A Knuckle Draggin Neanderthal Meat Head

Kill your television....do it now.....

Don't make me hurt you.

“I don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.”  John Wayne

Offline Dan-o

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Explorer
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2012, 09:21:13 PM »
Well, I PM'd just as quickly as I could!!!

Here's hoping I'm first.
Member:   Yakstrakgutp (or whatever we are)
I love the BFRO!!!
I wonder how many people will touch their nose to their screen trying to read this...

Offline fishNhunt

• Pilgrim
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 07:24:13 AM »
After talking to some people on here someone passed this email along to me.  I guess this guy and his hunt was talked about on here last year and someone emailed the game department about him and this is the responce from a Capt with the game department in that area......

Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 5:22 PM
Subject: RE: Elk for Master Hunters

The answer is that this guy was charged last year with malicious mischief and unlawfully operating a shooting preserve without a license.  He was cutting the elk fence and luring elk below the fences into 3912.  He then advertised hunts for MH’s.  He had several MH’s who were more than willing to pay the fee and come shoot a cow elk off the hay pile.  I even had one call me after we had arrested this guy and want to know if he could still come back and shoot his elk as they weren’t at the hay pile the first time he came over  and he had already paid his ”fee”.  Several of these hunters were told the at the fence had been cut so the elk could get out into the 3912 unit.  Shooting a cow elk that is baited into a hay pile during the winter months because it is hungry is not against the law.  Given what we are trying to achieve with these MH’s, getting someone to take this hunt seems outside of the “high ethical standard” we are supposedly setting, but there are plenty of MH’s (perhaps this should mean meat hunters) who are more than willing to use what is supposed to be a damage related hunt to harvest a cow elk that has been baited out of winter range during the toughest time of the year.  Again, not illegal – but it does raise an eyebrow.

Rich

Offline Time Immemorial

• TAHMANWITHLA
  • Scout
  • Survivalist of the Massacre of Wounded Knee
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 07:25:55 AM »
 Pick me pick me pick me!!!!!
Tha same blood runs through your heart like a bull elk in rut!!!!!!!!
It's more than just frybread!
Serving up Entiat trophy buck  jerkey

Offline Seabeckian

• Hunter
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 08:55:15 AM »
Wow. The plot thickens. Props to the accused party for putting your money where your mouth is to set the story straight. Hopefully these accusations are nothing more than just that. If the stories are true, I hope a lesson was learned.   :dunno:

Offline Masterhunter340

• Tracker
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2012, 09:29:18 AM »
Dano I will take you!!! And the funny thing is get your story straight.... I was never arrested.... You dumb *censored*s have nothing better to talk about lol. Jealous... It's not illegally to feed elk. I'm taking a ton of hay up there today. Get your facts straight.....

Offline Masterhunter340

• Tracker
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2012, 09:37:11 AM »
Just found out that mr fishnhunt went to prison for child mollesting... Worry about yourself.....

Offline losdaddy7

• Longhunter
  • Groups: losdaddy7
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2012, 09:37:55 AM »
I'm offering you a free hunt with me so I can show you all are sections.... If you don't want that them shut your mouth until you know the facts of all the property we own. I have my same return clients for a reason..

Thanks, I do appreciate the offer, but I am going to pass.  What I posted was an honest account of my hunt, the amount of acreage, and the conditions.  I have no axe to grind with you, as I could have posted something last year when this occurred.  I left you a couple messages, you never returned my calls, so I left it at that and never bothered you again.  The only reason I stepped into this conversation is because I've met decent folks on this site and thought they had a right to know what they were getting themselves into.  For me, fair chase is an important aspect of the hunt.  With baiting, the small area to hunt, and not having the area to myself, this kind of hunt isn't for me.  That doesn't mean this wont appeal to others. 
For the record, I didn't see any of the fence cut while I was there, and I did see fresh sign.   The other guys who were hunting the property were friendly, and tried to keep their distance so we each had some space to hunt.    If you would like to discuss this face to face, send me a PM and we can arrange to meet and discuss this further.

Offline fishNhunt

• Pilgrim
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2012, 10:10:26 AM »
Just found out that mr fishnhunt went to prison for child mollesting... Worry about yourself.....

It wasn't me that wrote that email.  It was a Captain with the game department.  I was talking to some people on this site and someone else had already emailed the game department and that was the responce from the Captain with the game department.  If you have a problem with the email you should contact that Captain in the game department.  But I don't think you will, because I believe that email to be the truth.  Why would the Captain of the game department write that and send it out with his name on it if it wasn't true.  And your name and your hunts have came up on this site a few times and every time there are more people saying how your ad is a lie and you dont have the land you say you do, how you have multiple hunters going on the same days, how you don't return calls, ect.

Offline WSU

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2012, 10:34:23 AM »
Any masterhunter that takes him up on his offer is missing the point of the hunt and AHE.  The point is to pressure the elk out of the private areas of their wintering range and to alleviate the problems associated with elk on crop land in the area. 

You are part of the problem, not the solution, if you are hunting elk that have purposefully been brought into the area you are supposed to be pressuring them out of. 

Offline Gunfire

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Hunter
  • Semper Fi
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2012, 10:38:01 AM »
The whole purpose of the 3912 hunt is to push the animals out of the unit.  Your luring them into the unit with a "ton of hay" does nothing but put some money in your pocket at the expense of the herd, to poor suckers that are paying you, adjacent landowners that are having orchard/land damage due to the animals you are bringing in, and the WDFW for paying landowners for their damage.

Let them go to the feed station where they can survive the winter or have them fend for themselves.

Why someone feels they can bait a wild animal onto their land and then sell access to kill them for profit is beyond me.

If you are a Master Hunter (as your name suggests) you are doing a disservice to the program. 
A day without blood is like a day without sunshine.

Offline WAcoyotehunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2012, 10:45:12 AM »
Any masterhunter that takes him up on his offer is missing the point of the hunt and AHE.  The point is to pressure the elk out of the private areas of their wintering range and to alleviate the problems associated with elk on crop land in the area. 

You are part of the problem, not the solution, if you are hunting elk that have purposefully been brought into the area you are supposed to be pressuring them out of. 
I agree.  If you are feeding elk in the 3912 damage area you are a problem.  If you are feeding elk to lure them in for hunters, you are not much of a sportsman.  Illegal or not, it's bad business in a damage unit.  I'm sure the farmers in the area are pretty pleased that you keep the elk around.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Reidus
[Today at 02:20:11 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]