collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Mid season update  (Read 1559 times)

Offline EastWaViking

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Mid season update
« on: September 12, 2008, 08:34:32 PM »
Back home for a few days.  We were into bulls every day, and thought we were going to get a shot at a nice 350 7x7, but we needed about 15 more yards.  The biggest bull we saw bugled about 50 yards below us, but the cows must have winded us and moved out.  We saw him clear across the canyon a bit later and he was a monster, 370-390! Jeff (my  hunting partner) and Jacob (bluebulls) did a great job helping me get on bulls, Jacob really knows the area and gave up his own hunting time to help me out!  The heat has really slowed
down the hunting, we heard only 3 bugles this morning compared to 30 or more monday morning.  So, for now, I am back home and will get back out there later next week when it
hopefully is cooler, or the rut is in full swing.  Here are a few pictures.  The one of me pointing is where we saw the biggest bull.  The other two are Jacob and Jeff, and Jacob
and me heading uphill after the 7x7.  They both got a little video of the bull coming in
to us,  I will try to get some from them and post it later.  It will be hard not being out there
for a few days, but I think it will pay off.  I'll let you know. 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 01:24:32 PM by EastWaViking »

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Mid season update
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 08:36:44 PM »
nice pics...you have a great source of info there in bluebulls...that guy knows that country better than most.
good luck and keep us posted.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline BLUEBULLS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: Mid season update
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 06:12:37 AM »
You should have a great time up there now, the weather is cooling, the moon is leaving and the bulls are going nuts.

Have fun and take lots of pictures.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal