collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Stoeger M3500  (Read 19850 times)

Offline LeftCoastLoren

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Hunter
Stoeger M3500
« on: January 08, 2013, 06:51:10 PM »
Hey guys, I'm seriously considering saving myself $900 bucks and going with the Stoeger M3500 for my Duck and Goose gun. I'm wondering if anybody has any actual in person experiences with this model, good or bad? The reason for the upgrade is simple; I want to be able to chamber a 3 1/2in shell. Last weekend I cracked a Drake mallard 3 times, twice with 3in 1 1/4 oz #2 and once with a 3in BB backer at about 45 yards. Feathers flying every time. I swear the darn thing gave me the finger as it flew off. My gun now is a Winchester M1300 with a Mod Choke Shooting Xpert HV 3in. Anybody want to throw in their  :twocents: ?

Offline crow killer

• Longhunter
Re: Stoeger M3500
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 07:04:20 PM »
They are a great gun! My dad bought one and it was 700 in that price range.. It shot fantastically and you would enjoy it :tup:

Offline quackattack90

• Tracker
  • Groups: Washing Waterfowl Assoc.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 07:10:09 PM »
I have 2 hunting partners that purchased the older M2000 and they have both sent them back to stoeger for repair.  One of their guns actually crapped out on them beginning of the season, lots of jamming issues.  Not sure if their newer model would be better.  If you want a semi auto look into mossberg's 935.  I have had mine for the 7 years and is still doing great.  Really solid, durable, and decently priced. ($550-$700 range).   :twocents:

Offline USAFpj

• Hunter
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 07:17:11 PM »
Shooting Xpert HV 3in.

I can tell you this.  After the last week's worth of research, I have concluded that this is one main change that I will be making to my set-up.  Research the Xpert HV shells by Winchester, and you'll see what I mean.  The most expensive = mandatory?  No, but the common denominator has been these 'value' shells, and I will be going from number (3) shot to Kent Faststeel in either 2 or 4 shot before I head out next time :tup:

Offline ellensburgpo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: DU, Delta Waterfowl, NWTF
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 07:25:02 PM »
I've heard good things about the Franchi Affinity as well. I have a couple buddies that use Stoeger's and two have gotten rid of them and one has issues every year.
KCCO

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.
Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms, 1929

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 08:19:35 PM »
Hey guys, I'm seriously considering saving myself $900 bucks and going with the Stoeger M3500 for my Duck and Goose gun. I'm wondering if anybody has any actual in person experiences with this model, good or bad? The reason for the upgrade is simple; I want to be able to chamber a 3 1/2in shell. Last weekend I cracked a Drake mallard 3 times, twice with 3in 1 1/4 oz #2 and once with a 3in BB backer at about 45 yards. Feathers flying every time. I swear the darn thing gave me the finger as it flew off. My gun now is a Winchester M1300 with a Mod Choke Shooting Xpert HV 3in. Anybody want to throw in their  :twocents: ?

Could be the shells your shooting or just shooting slightly behind the bird and knocking out all it's tail feathers.  Or the distance is farther than you think and your not getting a good pattern at that distance.
I have had a few buddies with the 3500 and they seemed to work for them.  Just keep the choke greased up good or it will rust up hard in those guns.  My friend tried to remove the choke with a heavier duty tool and he ended up twisting the barrel.  If you go to resale it, you also loose less on a less expensive gun vs. a $1,500 gun.
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

Offline NW-GSP

• Frontiersman
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 09:32:20 PM »
try a tighter choke tube  :dunno:

Offline JLS

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
  • Groups: Support the LWCF!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 09:38:18 PM »

Could be the shells your shooting or just shooting slightly behind the bird and knocking out all it's tail feathers.  Or the distance is farther than you think and your not getting a good pattern at that distance.
I have had a few buddies with the 3500 and they seemed to work for them.  Just keep the choke greased up good or it will rust up hard in those guns.  My friend tried to remove the choke with a heavier duty tool and he ended up twisting the barrel.  If you go to resale it, you also loose less on a less expensive gun vs. a $1,500 gun.

If you can't kill a bird by hitting him twice with #2 and once with BB, my guess is you're shooting too far.  Lots of ducks have died to 3" loads, heck the other day I found out at the end of the shoot that I was shooting 2 3/4 " loads.  I grabbed the wrong box in the dark.  Good shots still killed the birds.

Pattern your gun, go to a tighter choke and/or a different load.  I've killed a lot of birds with Winchester HV steel, waterfowl and upland.
Matthew 7:13-14

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+126)
  • Legend
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 09:38:18 PM »
I have the m2000 turkey and it's my coyote scatter gun. Very solid gun for the money.

A lot of the time with many shotguns you really have to shop and try a lot of different chokes to get the one that fits the gun best. It took me 4 after market chokes to find the right coyote choke for mine.
Owner: SPLIT DIAMOND TACTICAL
Firearms/Transfers/Parts/Optics
2011 HW Head Competition Winner

Offline LeftCoastLoren

• Hunter
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 09:39:41 PM »
bite the bullet. get a benelli

Thats a big bullet to bite, but it's not out of the question.

Offline LeftCoastLoren

• Hunter
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 09:43:01 PM »
I have the m2000 turkey and it's my coyote scatter gun. Very solid gun for the money.

What size shell do you use for coyotes?

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 09:44:56 PM »
2- #4 buck and 1 oobuck is what I run most of the time. I have run bbb as well as t shot at times.

Offline LeftCoastLoren

• Hunter
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 09:54:54 PM »
If you can't kill a bird by hitting him twice with #2 and once with BB, my guess is you're shooting too far.  Lots of ducks have died to 3" loads, heck the other day I found out at the end of the shoot that I was shooting 2 3/4 " loads.  I grabbed the wrong box in the dark.  Good shots still killed the birds.

Pattern your gun, go to a tighter choke and/or a different load.  I've killed a lot of birds with Winchester HV steel, waterfowl and upland.

Don't get me wrong, I've knocked down plenty of ducks with this setup. And you have a valid point about the distance of the shot, this Drake was past the decoys which ended about 35-40 yards. But i would like to have the option of having 2 3in with a 3.5in backer. I would also like to chamber a 3.5 for any goose possibility, and my Winchester won't. Am I crazy for wanting to have this option? Ultimately my post was about a stoeger m3500 and if anybody happened to have tried it.

Offline LeftCoastLoren

• Hunter
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 09:57:00 PM »
Carp what length are the shells? and is yours inertia or gas driven?

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 10:01:10 PM »
inertia and sorry they are 3" in that gun. 2 3/4 or 3" is your choice.

Offline JLS

• Frontiersman
  • Groups: Support the LWCF!
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 10:01:38 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I've knocked down plenty of ducks with this setup. And you have a valid point about the distance of the shot, this Drake was past the decoys which ended about 35-40 yards. But i would like to have the option of having 2 3in with a 3.5in backer. I would also like to chamber a 3.5 for any goose possibility, and my Winchester won't. Am I crazy for wanting to have this option? Ultimately my post was about a stoeger m3500 and if anybody happened to have tried it.

Okay, I misunderstood.  I thought you wanted the 3.5 inch because the greenie didn't die from the 3 inchers.  I've never shot 3.5 inch, so I won't even try to speak to whether it's worth it or not.  My Beretta is 3 inch.  If I was field hunting geese a lot, I may have looked at the 3.5, but given the price of ammo and the extra money for the gun it really wasn't worth it to me.  Plus, I use it for upland so weight was an issue.

I can say that a good friend bought a Stoeger and has been VERY happy with it.  He shot my Beretta, and was leaning towards the Extrema but got the Stoeger instead with no complaints.
Matthew 7:13-14

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 10:08:13 PM »
I have been out 15 to 20 duck trips this year and haven't had a jam yet with the 3500. Even have the 2000 and never seen a jam in that gun and probably shot 150 ducks with that in years past. Stoeger makes awesome guns.
I also bought a mossberg 935 2 years ago and after about 20 shots it will jam consistently. Been that way since I bought it. Some times it don't even take that many shots. It gets dirty very quickly.
The stoegers stay very clean for a long time. Even when I try to clean it there isn't much to clean.
I do by kicks high flyer full chokes for hunting ducks and don't have many cripples. Sometimes I think it's overkill. But I'd rather over kill than chasing cripples around.
Stoeger was bought out by benelli/berreta, so that there tells you it's a good gun.
You will get a good gun at half the cost.
I know some may bad mouth me for this but dicks sporting goods had it for 650 a few days ago.
Awesome gun
Maturity is when you have the power to destroy someone who did you wrong but instead you breathe, walk away, and let life take care of them.

Offline LeftCoastLoren

• Hunter
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 10:13:22 PM »
Thanks duckmen I really appreciate the post. I have been researching a lot, and everybody seems to have pretty good things to say about it. It's nice to hear from actual users though.

Offline carpsniperg2

• Site Sponsor
  • Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 10:15:35 PM »
I am a bowhunter for turkeys but this year I did not have much time in the fall hunt for my bow. So I decided to try the stoger out on and thunder chicken. I did have 2 shells hang up on me when shooting at the range. They seemed to have a little longer crimp and the shell stuck in the ejection port. I think they were federal shells. I did not have any problems with other brands.

Offline LeftCoastLoren

• Hunter
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 10:16:29 PM »
I have been out 15 to 20 duck trips this year and haven't had a jam yet with the 3500. Even have the 2000 and never seen a jam in that gun and probably shot 150 ducks with that in years past. Stoeger makes awesome guns.
I also bought a mossberg 935 2 years ago and after about 20 shots it will jam consistently. Been that way since I bought it. Some times it don't even take that many shots. It gets dirty very quickly.
The stoegers stay very clean for a long time. Even when I try to clean it there isn't much to clean.
I do by kicks high flyer full chokes for hunting ducks and don't have many cripples. Sometimes I think it's overkill. But I'd rather over kill than chasing cripples around.
Stoeger was bought out by benelli/berreta, so that there tells you it's a good gun.
You will get a good gun at half the cost.
I know some may bad mouth me for this but dicks sporting goods had it for 650 a few days ago.
Awesome gun

Also, I shoot left handed. Do you think i'm going to get pummeled in the face by the shells?

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 10:18:47 PM »
I can say it is my favorite gun on the market. It just plain works, the price is awesome, and is well built. It's a tuff gun that has the inertia design without breaking the bank. The biggest difference is that it is just a bit heavier than the actual bennelis and has a bit longer forearm. Great gun you won't regret it.
Maturity is when you have the power to destroy someone who did you wrong but instead you breathe, walk away, and let life take care of them.

Offline crow killer

• Longhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 11:11:38 PM »
Me and my dad have stoegers he has the 3500 and nothin went wrong with it and it shot very smooth he said. And we went through I think 2 boxes with no problem :tup:

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Old Salt
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 09:04:46 AM »
Me and my dad have stoegers he has the 3500 and nothin went wrong with it and it shot very smooth he said. And we went through I think 2 boxes with no problem :tup:

2 boxes???  It's not even broke in.  I think Benelli recommends a case of shells. 

I think I am around 36 cases of shells through my Benelli SBEII.  I am on my 3rd ejector plate and second recoil spring cylinder.  I shaved off 1/16"+ off the tail end of the plate and haven't had any issues since.
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 09:17:02 AM »
I've put though 300 trap loads as well as a few turkey loads and many duck loads in my 3500. No issues with any loads other than when I first bought it I forgot to get the cosmolene out. Clean that out and you will have a flawless gun. It will make your clean job easier in the future. :chuckle:

Offline Andrew8235

• Tracker
  • Groups: DU, NRA
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 10:27:00 AM »
my buddy runs a 3500 and loves it. the only issue he had with it was the butstock coming loose from the stud inside it. but some locktite and a locknut did the trick :) my brother has a 2000 and cracked the bolt carrier using the remington hypershock tho....

Offline Bucks2Ducks

• Longhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 10:28:19 AM »
The 3500 is a good gun, a lot better then the the old 2000 that would consistently have issues. Honestly though I would spend the extra hundred or two on  a Win SX3! Great gun, I would even compare it to the 1600$ Benellis and Beretta's. I find a 3in chamber plenty suitable for ducks by using a larger shot size like BB, especially if your using cheap steal. But I do love the option of being able to use 3.5's when needed. 
When the buffalo are gone we will hunt mice, for we are hunters and we want our freedom-Sitting Bull

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 01:58:03 PM »
You better be careful using Remington hypersonic loads with any gun. Lots of factory and aftermarket chokes are not rated for the speed/power of those loads. In a lot of cases it will fuse the choke to the barrel and it will be impossible to change chokes. That could be what happened to the guy on here that said his choke was stuck from rust, he may have not had so much a rust issue but a fused choke from shooting loads faster than the rated 1550 or to big of shot size for what the choke can handle. Just a thought. Plus them things kick like no other load and are a considerable amount louder. There is a lot more pressure in those loads regardless what they advertise for their new wad design. Have quite a bit of experience with things involving shotguns, for that is my passion over any other weapon.

Offline WSU

• Old Salt
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2013, 02:06:27 PM »
I have had a 2000 for 3 years now and haven't had an issue.  I don't think I've had it jam yet and I have at least 4 or 5 cases of shells through it.

Also, I agree that you should go buy a tighter choke for whatever gun you end up hunting with.  It can make a big difference when it comes to actually killing ducks.

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2013, 02:15:57 PM »
One big difference I've seen with after market chokes is an even spread in your pattern versus strings of shot or clumps of shot from the factory chokes. The four aftermarket chokes I've tried are truglo, primos, Carlton's, and kicks. Kicks is best by far with of everything you shoot patterning well. As far as loads go the only load I would stay away from is Winchester blindside. Tried that load in five shotguns with different chokes in each gun and consistently had the worst result I have ever seen in patterning. Plus even at close range the birds just don't seem to die consistently. Just our experience with a few thoughts to keep in mind.

Offline crow killer

• Longhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2013, 02:32:32 PM »

2 boxes???  It's not even broke in.  I think Benelli recommends a case of shells. 

I think I am around 36 cases of shells through my Benelli SBEII.  I am on my 3rd ejector plate and second recoil spring cylinder.  I shaved off 1/16"+ off the tail end of the plate and haven't had any issues since.
we haven't got the the lead yet for shooting clays :tup:

Offline LeftCoastLoren

• Hunter
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2013, 06:29:37 AM »
Wow not one negative response about the m3500. Well it looks like that's going to be my next gun! Thanks everyone  :tup:

Offline WCTaxidermy

• Sourdough
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2013, 08:54:00 AM »
Sorry I'm late for this, I just saw the post.  I have 4 friends that bought the 3500 and all of them has since parted ways with them.  The 3500 operates by inertia and not gas.  When you shoot it you can really tell.  They told me that it kicks so bad that they have a sore shoulder after a good day of hunting.  They have all used the recoil device that comes with the gun, but apparently doesn't work that well.  Just something to take into account in your decision making.

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2013, 09:49:40 AM »
Learn how to shoot and you won't have to take so many shots at birds resulting in a little bit of a sore shoulder.    :chuckle:
It does have a kick with heavy 3 1/2 loads but its not that bad. Plus the recoil reducer does tame the recoil some I have noticed while testing myself. Any 3 1/2 inch load is going to have kick out of any gun, some a little more than others but none the less it is a big load so expect some kick. Otherwise get a 3 inch gun.
Also I'd rather to be able to tell that my 3500 inertia is working than my 935 gas jamming. :twocents:
Don't worry about the kick I am suprised to hear somebody sold a gun that they bought knowing its a 3 1/2 and then didn't like the recoil. Shoot it a few times and your used to any gun.
Not trying to sound rude or anything it just provided a good laugh to me. Everyone has there own opinion I guess. I am just not going to spend another 800 because of possibly a little extra kick. Suck it up and shoot some ducks :chuckle:

Offline duckmen1

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2013, 09:52:04 AM »
I checked this gun out on YouTube before I bought it and there was a review by three little buddies with this gun. It was hilarious. Even the little tikes were shooting this gun with loads up to 3 1/2".
That was funny stuff

Offline LeftCoastLoren

• Hunter
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2013, 10:22:22 AM »
I checked this gun out on YouTube before I bought it and there was a review by three little buddies with this gun. It was hilarious. Even the little tikes were shooting this gun with loads up to 3 1/2".
That was funny stuff

HAHA I saw the same video!  :tup:

Offline sparkplug

• Pilgrim
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 01:05:23 PM »
I shoot the stoeger 3500 and have not had any problems shooting 2 3/4 #8s or 3.5" BB. I never installed the recoil reducer in since i also use it for upland and did not want the extra weight. Some of those 3.5" will kick like a mule but thats all part of the game. Comes with a couple chokes too. I also am left eye dominant but right handed so I just make sure to bring my safety glasses for upland and tough it out duck. Never been an issue. Great gun in my opinion :tup:

Offline LittleHunter

• Tracker
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 02:02:24 PM »
I shoot a Stoeger M3500 and have never had a issue with the gun or chambering any load my only advice it i would purchase a Carlson choke for duck hunting. Once done it takes a little time to get use to it but one you do you will love it.
Whack em and stack em

Offline USAFpj

• Hunter
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 03:30:43 PM »
My take on the 3500 is the 'unknown' longevity of the shotgun.  The Stoeger company has an *ahem* spotty record with previous models, and that is always in the back of my mind when I take it out.  I've owned my 3500 for awhile now and have had zero issues with it.  I use the stock modified choke and it kills birds.  $600 is still a lot of money, but only time will tell if I should have invested the full amount to have a gun that my grandkids will enjoy.  I may have paid $600 for a gun that has issues in just a couple of seasons, who knows?  Stoeger seems to have good customer service, and with Benelli as the parent company, will hopefully stand by their stuff for as long time.  I bought the 24in barrel version to save some weight, and the extra added weight does nicely when I use the butt to break up ice in the slough to make a landing zone for duckies :tup:

Offline shmacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Hunter
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2019, 07:16:00 AM »
Resurrecting this thread because I'm looking at the M3000 or M3500.  Can anyone comment on how their Stoeger has performed over the years?

Offline linxx77

• Hunter
  • President-Washington Waterfowl Association
    • www.facebook.com/linxx77
    • Washington Waterfowl Association-Spokane Facebook
  • Groups: Washington Waterfowl Association
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2019, 07:32:10 AM »
I've heard good things about the Franchi Affinity as well. I have a couple buddies that use Stoeger's and two have gotten rid of them and one has issues every year.

Woah, Zombie thread! Quoting this post because I just bought a Franchi Affinity Elite and boy Howdy do i love it! If you can look into that I’d sure suggest it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
orbis non sufficit

Offline Stein

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Explorer
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2019, 07:36:31 AM »
I’m on my way out with my 3500 now.  No regrets, great value for the price I paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline full choke

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2019, 08:12:43 AM »
My brother bought a m3000 new a couple years ago. He had all kinds of jamming issues. I bought it from him, tore the gun down completely and got rid of all the old and grease and oils. Has run flawlessly for me since, not a single problem. Actually, I have had far less issues with it than any of my other semiauto's, including benelli's, winchesters, and browning's. I actually really like the gun. I can't comment on the m3500 because I have zero use for a 3.5" shell.
"If you think our wars over oil are bad, wait until we are fighting over water..."

Offline Jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2019, 08:35:19 AM »
The M3500 is a great gun. Most all issues people have with them are the factory grease that are shipped with. There's a few youtube videos out there that address this issue. Clean them like you should all new guns and it will be flawless. I don't think the recoil is bad at all.

Offline Mfowl

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2019, 09:00:59 AM »
My brother bought a m3000 new a couple years ago. He had all kinds of jamming issues. I bought it from him, tore the gun down completely and got rid of all the old and grease and oils. Has run flawlessly for me since, not a single problem. Actually, I have had far less issues with it than any of my other semiauto's, including benelli's, winchesters, and browning's. I actually really like the gun. I can't comment on the m3500 because I have zero use for a 3.5" shell.

Except when specklebellies are feet down in the decoys! The good ol' M3000 shows its true colors then!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 06:29:56 PM by Mfowl »
Fish hard, hunt harder!

Offline EWUeagles

• Scout
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2019, 12:27:52 PM »
I bought a M3000 6 years ago for 300 bucks (because of some awesome rebates) and I can't complain. I had to clean it like crazy but since then I haven't had a lot of problems. This year my inertia spring blew up and I mean like 5 pieces blew up. It's a 5 dollar part so now I have replacements for it.

I would say if you're like all I'll ever have is 500 bucks to invest in a shotgun then buy it and you'll be happy with it. If you can save up double that you can start looking at better guns. Dunn's had a Benelli montefeltro on sale for 700 bucks.

Offline shmacker

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Hunter
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2019, 02:48:41 PM »
awesome, thanks for the feedback guys

Offline spadebit

• Tracker
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2019, 01:33:16 AM »
I would guess if any jamming issues occur in the inertia shotguns..it could be the recoil spring.  Changed mine out and havent had one issue with cycling or jamming since unless it is some light load for clays.  I have two friends with the 3500 and havent had any issues. 

Offline Sheller96

• Pilgrim
    • Sam Heller
  • Groups: NSSF
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2019, 08:46:48 PM »

I’ve had this gun for years and it’s done so well for me. I’ve never had a single jam even when there’s mud and marsh grasses involved.

My personal favorite is to get black clouds (if I find them on a deal $$$$$) cause they are a deadly combo with this gun. I’ve shot 3.5”s one time through this gun at a couple geese and it was fine. I didn’t think it was necessary but why not lol.

Since it’s a 3.5” chamber you can even use it for turkey if that’s something you’d want to do. It’s versatile as heck in my opinion. I don’t see this shotgun slowing down for me anytime soon.

Offline Surfr716

• Pilgrim
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2020, 09:04:59 PM »
I've got the 3500, its been a good reliable shotgun for me for the last 8 years. only issue I've ever had with it was a stuck a choke tube in it by running too high pressure of a load through too tight of a choke. New barrel and its good as new. i will say they're a bit heavy but the nice thing is it soaks up the recoil. i would try to find it for less than 900 though, i gave 595 for mine in max 4

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by Blacklab
[Today at 02:35:54 PM]

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by Blacklab
[Today at 12:48:56 PM]

Long Beach Clamming Tides by dilleytech
[Today at 12:39:19 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by abhold87
[Today at 12:03:27 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by bearpaw
[Today at 11:45:41 AM]