collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dont use Roger Sigler to train your shed DOG!!!  (Read 21160 times)

Offline bucksandbulls

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
  • is it tweeker season yet
Re: Dont use Roger Sigler to train your shed DOG!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 11:55:29 AM »
well said iceman...   i got my dog for 15 bucks at the pound and she loves antlers. just took a lot of love and playing.... also she hates tweekers and keeps my home safe.  shes my eyes when im sleeping. or not home....  besy 15 bucks i ever spent....
is it tweeker season yet?

Offline Arnbo

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Scout
  • Groups: NRA
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2013, 12:22:58 PM »
We got our Lab for a $20.00 donation and she is a great dog who is very much apart of the family.If it came down to it and I had to spend $6500.00 to save her life.
I would not think twice about it.You can not put a price on how much she is loved.
When I was younger  I probably would not have the same thought.
Comes down to it it is only Money right?

Offline Michelle_Nelson

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Old Salt
  • Bring on the Bears!
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013, 02:09:14 PM »
I keep reading basically this same line over and over "I wouldn't pay $6500 for a dog!".

He wasn't paying $6500 for just a pup.  It was supposed to be trained to "perform". 

I have seen lab pups from reputable breeders go anywhere betwen $300 and $2k.  Just for the pup. 

Lets asume this dog did perform @ 9months old and was finding and bringing sheds back, follows basic comands (sit, stay, no, etc), and was house broken.  How much time do you think the breader had into the dog to get him to that point? 

How much is the breeders time worth?  What about food that the breeder had to buy for this pup for 9 months?  Shots?  Vet visits? 

There is a LOT more to it than just $6,500 for a dog.

Offline 92xj

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Frontiersman
  • Kill 'em
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 02:12:40 PM »
customer service is lacking these days.
"If you have to be crazy to hunt ducks, I do not wish to be sane."

Offline BIGINNER

• YAR TOWN CRIER *************
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2013, 02:24:11 PM »
I keep reading basically this same line over and over "I wouldn't pay $6500 for a dog!".

He wasn't paying $6500 for just a pup.  It was supposed to be trained to "perform". 

I have seen lab pups from reputable breeders go anywhere betwen $300 and $2k.  Just for the pup. 

Lets asume this dog did perform @ 9months old and was finding and bringing sheds back, follows basic comands (sit, stay, no, etc), and was house broken.  How much time do you think the breader had into the dog to get him to that point? 

How much is the breeders time worth?  What about food that the breeder had to buy for this pup for 9 months?  Shots?  Vet visits? 

IT'S NOT NESSISARELY THE PRICE THAT GETS ME,..  I JUST CNAN'T UNDERSTAND PAYING THAT MCH FOR ANY DOG TRAINED OR NOT WITHOUT SEEING THE DOG IN PERSON FIRST.   :dunno:
THIS MESSAGE WAS SENT USING MY TIME MACHINE.... SO THIS IS MY OPINION TOMORROW...

OH BY THE WAY. I FIGURED OUT HOW TO TURN ON CAP LOCKS ON MY PHONE... :IBCOOL:  :yike: :yike:

Offline DOUBLELUNG

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2013, 02:34:34 PM »
What's that line about a fool and his money?

This whole thing doesn't pass the sniff test, I wonder if Johnny2910 is the ex-Mrs. Sigler?
As long as we have the habitat, we can argue forever about who gets to kill what and when.  No habitat = no game.

Offline Roperfive88

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2013, 09:38:45 AM »
It's funny you have two weeks to work with the dog yourself but can't make a road trip to go get him??????  :dunno: . I can see someone paying that much money for a well trained dog but if you pay $6500 for one you better go to the trainer see what there dogs do. Researching the internet does not cut it. Remember just because its on the net doesn't make it true. Anyone can make anything they want. :bash: . Also at 9 months old the dog probably will not be completely trained its still a puppy. My uncle had a dog trained and he had to send her to the trainer for a couple years. I say that the trainer and the buyer are both at fault. I'm a roper and I would never buy a rope horse for any amount of money with seeing it work riding it to see if it worked for me.  :twocents:

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2013, 10:12:58 AM »
Johnny2910 might be partly to blame or maybe Roger Sigler is really a dirtbag and did not live up to his end of the deal.  I don't know. :dunno:

But, $6,500 is not that much money if the dog is fully trained.  Now, that said, it doesn't sound like the dog is even partially trained.

Here is Roger Sigler's website: Link

If you google "Roger Sigler shed dog" you will get a ton of hits. 

I was trying to find other forums where Johnny may have posted.........   I thought he would have posted on this forum.
 :dunno:

I did find this bowhunting forum that Johnny posted in:  Link

« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 10:33:55 AM by Curly »
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline Sportfury

• Sourdough
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2013, 10:31:29 AM »
Here is the link to Rogers testimonials http://www.antlerdogs.com/P-90/Testimonials.aspx There are some interesting comments about meeting Roger on there. Of course this is his personal site. It does sound like a lot of these people went to meet him personally though.

Also on the $6,500 price I have seen a lot of fully trained and finished two-year-old pointing dogs going for $5000. When I got my first shorthair I spent a ton of my time training him and he only turned out to be semi-decent. I would say that I got him half finished and I owned him for 13 years. If I had to add up my time the dog might have been worth that. Have a professional train my dog now would be a no-brainer, but I would fully research them before going with them.

Offline NWBREW

• Frontiersman
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2013, 10:46:16 AM »

Lets asume this dog did perform @ 9months old and was finding and bringing sheds back, follows basic comands (sit, stay, no, etc), and was house broken. How much time do you think the breader had into the dog to get him to that point? 

I trained my dog to do that in less then 2 months.   So I will say that 6,500 for a dog to do simple commands and bring sheds back is way, way to much in my opinion. I only paid 400 for my AKC lab.  Just my opinion though.
Just one more day

Offline Curly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2013, 10:55:04 AM »
http://www.antlerlabradors.com/dogs4sale.html

Puppy: $750.00 - (7-8 weeks of age)

Started Puppy: $1,500 - (10-12 weeks of age)

Intermediate Puppy: $2,500 - (12 weeks-When the dog is ready)

Fully Finished Dog: $6,000 - These dogs are ready to go "shed hunting". They will know the the following obedience commands: "sit", "stay", "lay-down", and "kennel". The dog will also know the command to "find an antler" and bring an antler back to you when it is found.

Training your own dog: $450.00 - Per month, plus food
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

><((((º>` ><((((º>. ><((((º>.¸><((((º>

Offline Michelle_Nelson

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Old Salt
  • Bring on the Bears!
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2013, 03:11:54 PM »

Lets asume this dog did perform @ 9months old and was finding and bringing sheds back, follows basic comands (sit, stay, no, etc), and was house broken. How much time do you think the breader had into the dog to get him to that point? 

I trained my dog to do that in less then 2 months.   So I will say that 6,500 for a dog to do simple commands and bring sheds back is way, way to much in my opinion. I only paid 400 for my AKC lab.  Just my opinion though.

Every dog learns at his or her own pace.  You may have had the good fortune of picking out one that was a quick learner.  Not all pups even out of a good litter with great parents are going to learn at the same rate. 

Offline BIGINNER

• YAR TOWN CRIER *************
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2013, 03:13:06 PM »

Every dog learns at his or her own pace.  You may have had the good fortune of picking out one that was a quick learner.  Not all pups even out of a good litter with great parents are going to learn at the same rate.

:yeah: X 100
THIS MESSAGE WAS SENT USING MY TIME MACHINE.... SO THIS IS MY OPINION TOMORROW...

OH BY THE WAY. I FIGURED OUT HOW TO TURN ON CAP LOCKS ON MY PHONE... :IBCOOL:  :yike: :yike:

Offline Houndhunter

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2013, 03:45:41 PM »
6500 For a 9 month old pup is way to much, especially if you never saw it hunt. Are shed dogs worth that much anyways?

Offline Cap.Silver

• My love is the outdoors
  • Sourdough
  • If not fishing then hunting
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2013, 04:02:36 PM »
Would like to know how much trained wifes are going for these days  :chuckle: or better not ,the one I have I'd keep
Everyone thinks that I'm freak ,I don't look different do I ?

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer Fishing Opportunity 3/29 & 3/30 by xXLojackXx
[Today at 10:13:39 AM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by Machias
[Today at 09:19:44 AM]

SB 5444 signed by Inslee on 03/26 Takes Effect on 06/06/24 by hughjorgan
[Today at 09:03:26 AM]

Walked a cougar down by 2MANY
[Today at 08:56:26 AM]

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]