collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2022 special permit draw results  (Read 141349 times)

Offline emac

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
Re: 2022 special permit draw results
« Reply #1245 on: June 16, 2022, 09:48:35 AM »
I drew the Blue Mtn. Foothills Late Muzzy tag, the Blue Creek Muzzy tag and a Blue Creek Antlerless tag.

So, I called to see if I could surrender two of them and just keep the late tag. I did this thinking it would free those up for others to be awarded. I was sad to find out that while I can get my points back if i surrender those tags, nobody else will draw them. So, I took 3 tags out of the pool and will only be keeping one. Kind of a bummer it goes like that. Wonder how often that happens????
That is not how it is supposed to work.  They are suppose to reallocate the 2 tags you turn back in.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Offline TriggerMike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #1246 on: June 16, 2022, 10:38:04 AM »
I drew the Blue Mtn. Foothills Late Muzzy tag, the Blue Creek Muzzy tag and a Blue Creek Antlerless tag.

So, I called to see if I could surrender two of them and just keep the late tag. I did this thinking it would free those up for others to be awarded. I was sad to find out that while I can get my points back if i surrender those tags, nobody else will draw them. So, I took 3 tags out of the pool and will only be keeping one. Kind of a bummer it goes like that. Wonder how often that happens????
Send some of that luck my way next time haha.

Offline CoryTDF

• Make it Rain!!!
  • Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • Look at me I'm blowing a duck call!
« Reply #1247 on: June 16, 2022, 03:19:42 PM »

Nothin for the fam?
CoryTDF

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke (1729-1797), British statesman and philosopher

Offline millerwheeler

• Sourdough
  • Get out and put some miles on those boots
« Reply #1248 on: June 16, 2022, 03:28:20 PM »

Exact Situation where and why I think if we draw one tag we shouldn’t draw anymore. For that  season with the limited amount of tags , ya the book says they can doesn’t mean they have to redistribute

Offline steeleywhopper

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #1249 on: June 16, 2022, 04:26:08 PM »
I'll be hoping for one of those Permits that got turned back in. :chuckle:
Whidbey second deer for me, but my buddies drew some good one's so it will be a fun season.
Politicians like Jay Inslee are the reason we have the 2nd Amendment

Offline buglebuster

• ELKOHOLIC
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #1250 on: June 16, 2022, 04:42:06 PM »
Youth muley doe tag for my daughter, bumping early archery cow tag for me, and a muzzy second deer tag for me

Offline goldenhtr

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #1251 on: June 16, 2022, 04:58:24 PM »
Well it's not the Q-tag I had last year that I had to turn in because of the fire in the Bethel unit, I did draw a anterless elk in the Bumping unit. Hope I can fine some not burned up areas in there. Headed up in July to hopefully get my cameras from last year in the Bethel unit and now do some scouting in the Bumping unit. We used to hunt this unit back a few years ago when it was spike/anterless for archery.
Gen:27:3

Offline HAGEMANIAC

• Scout
  • Groups: NRA, NWTF, RMEF, MDF, VFW, USAF
« Reply #1252 on: June 16, 2022, 08:17:58 PM »
Well it's not the Q-tag I had last year that I had to turn in because of the fire in the Bethel unit, I did draw a anterless elk in the Bumping unit. Hope I can fine some not burned up areas in there. Headed up in July to hopefully get my cameras from last year in the Bethel unit and now do some scouting in the Bumping unit. We used to hunt this unit back a few years ago when it was spike/anterless for archery.

I'm also in there for an antlerless, Archery?
God made man, Samuel Colt made them equal.

Offline TriggerMike

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #1253 on: June 16, 2022, 09:41:48 PM »

Nothin for the fam?
Me and TJ got MS elk tags but other than that nope. Pretty excited about that though, 10 points each.

Offline h2ofowlr

• CHOKED UP TIGHT
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #1254 on: June 16, 2022, 10:47:36 PM »
Drew a Sauk any bull tag.  Should be a fun one.
Cut em!
It's not the shells!  It's the shooter!

Offline ELKBURGER

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #1255 on: June 22, 2022, 05:45:43 AM »
Drew a Sauk any bull tag.  Should be a fun one.
What weapon?? Will be fun regardless!

Offline Antlershed

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #1256 on: June 22, 2022, 05:36:01 PM »

Exact Situation where and why I think if we draw one tag we shouldn’t draw anymore. For that  season with the limited amount of tags , ya the book says they can doesn’t mean they have to redistribute
I think Utah (or maybe it’s another state) does something like that. They have a sequence that the draw goes (Ex. Antlerless, Bull, Quality), and once you draw one, you are out of the next pool. I would support that. You could still buy points in all the categories, but would do something to improve draw odds at least a little.

Offline ShaneTyTrey

• Sourdough
  • Is there anything better than hunting?
« Reply #1257 on: June 23, 2022, 07:44:47 AM »

I think Utah (or maybe it’s another state) does something like that. They have a sequence that the draw goes (Ex. Antlerless, Bull, Quality), and once you draw one, you are out of the next pool. I would support that. You could still buy points in all the categories, but would do something to improve draw odds at least a little.

Yes, it is Utah.

Offline GASoline71

• Longhunter
    • https://www.facebook.com/gary.strassburg.7?ref=bookmarks
  • Groups: Conservation Coalition of Washington, ABF WA Chapter, F4WM, WWC
« Reply #1258 on: June 28, 2022, 04:23:24 PM »
I'll be hoping for one of those Permits that got turned back in. :chuckle:
Whidbey second deer for me, but my buddies drew some good one's so it will be a fun season.

I drew the Whidbey second deer last year.  So I was a big fat zero going in to it this year. No draw. LOL...

Good luck!

Gary
One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it. What he is after is having to win it, to conquer the surly brute through his own effort and skill with all the extras that this carries with it: the immersion in the countryside, the healthfulness of the exercise, the distraction from his job. ~ Jose Ortega y Gasset

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

10th Annual - 2024 YOUTH TURKEY HUNT CONTEST (enter by Mar 14) by bearpaw
[Yesterday at 11:27:12 PM]

World Record Archery Blacktail by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:09:06 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington bull by huntnnw
[Yesterday at 10:06:34 PM]

Fishing with kids in Wenatchee by HardCorpsHuntr
[Yesterday at 10:03:34 PM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by jjhunter
[Yesterday at 09:12:44 PM]