collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Antlerless moose tags?  (Read 11046 times)

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Antlerless moose tags?
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2013, 06:37:11 PM »
Anyone can apply for antlerless only permits even if you have harvested a bull.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Legend
  • Groups: SCI, RMEF, NRA, Hunter Education
Re: Antlerless moose tags?
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2013, 06:44:12 PM »
Anyone can apply for antlerless only permits even if you have harvested a bull.
I don't understand the confusion.

If you have harvested a bull moose in Washington, you may not harvest a bull moose again unless it was killed on a raffle, auction, or master hunter permit. You may (with a valid permit) harvest an antlerless moose in an antlerless only hunt.

If you have harvested an antlerless moose in an antlerless only hunt, you may (with a valid permit) harvest another antlerless moose, or an antlered moose.
Nature. It's cheaper than therapy.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
Antlerless moose tags?
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2013, 06:46:36 PM »
But that is not what it says in the regulations.

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2013, 06:47:12 PM »
But that is not what it says in the regulations.
I go by the WAC. What part of it is not clear?

Offline DeerThug

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2013, 06:48:59 PM »
So I followed this through the rule making process and the whole concept was to make it easier to understand who could apply.  but it sounds like it made it more confusing and actually changed who could apply.  WDFW at its best....NOT
Shoot straight Shoot often

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
Antlerless moose tags?
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2013, 06:51:59 PM »
I guess the part that is unclear to me, Bob is why does the WAC  say something completely different than what the regulations say? Why do we even bother waiting for the regulations to come out if we should just have to print all of the wac codes out anyway?

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2013, 06:54:18 PM »
I'm still missing what the confusion is.

Here is the text from the 2013 regulations:

Anyone may apply,except those who have previously harvested a moose in Washington state (for exceptions, see below). An individual may only harvest one moose during his or her lifetime. However, this restriction is waived for hunters who have previously harvested a moose under an antlerless-only, masterhunter, raffle or auction hunt permit.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2013, 07:01:47 PM »
OK...we're missing each other somewhere here, Bob. Last year, a guy who has already killed a bull could apply for cow tags and kill a cow. They have changed that this year. The only way you can kill 2 moose now is if you've already killed a cow. Now...if you killed a bull, you're done. If you have killed a cow(antlerless), you can still apply for bull hunts. Unless I'm being a complete and utter dummy, thats what the regs say  now.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2013, 07:04:28 PM »
I am not including any raffle, auction tags, etc in any part of my conversation here. Those rules are clear to me.

Offline 180-GRAIN

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2013, 07:05:20 PM »
To me it states if you have harvested a moose and it was not under antlerless, master hunter, raffle, or auction you can not hunt moose again.

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2013, 07:07:12 PM »
OK...we're missing each other somewhere here, Bob. Last year, a guy who has already killed a bull could apply for cow tags and kill a cow. They have changed that this year. The only way you can kill 2 moose now is if you've already killed a cow. Now...if you killed a bull, you're done. If you have killed a cow(antlerless), you can still apply for bull hunts. Unless I'm being a complete and utter dummy, thats what the regs say  now.
Ok. I think I can see the confusion. I do not believe it is meant to be interpreted that way.

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2013, 09:23:47 PM »
 :chuckle: lol, the simple solution to the whole thing would be to not make hunts available in the license purchasing process to those not eligible.

How stupid would WDFW be to print regs that say one thing and have a online system that allows another? :chuckle:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 09:51:06 PM by huntnphool »
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Legend
Antlerless moose tags?
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2013, 09:28:46 PM »
Well...

Offline huntnphool

• Chance favors the prepared mind!
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Legend
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2013, 09:50:21 PM »
Well...
:chuckle: Doesn't really answer my question. ;)
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first!

Offline Bob33

• Global Moderator
  • Legend
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2013, 09:52:54 PM »
Well...
:chuckle: Doesn't really answer my question. ;)
The answer is that they don't make permit applications available to those who are not eligible.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal