collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: We lost one of our own (Colockumelk)  (Read 243324 times)

Offline NWWABOWHNTR

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: we lost one of our own (colockumelk)
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2013, 08:08:39 AM »
RIP Colock.  My prayers for him and his family. 
"Don't argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Offline LITTLEBUCK

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Hunter
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2013, 08:08:59 AM »
BLRman I am so sorry for you and your families loss. Very sad news. You say you will hunt elk solo from now on. I don't believe that, your brother will be with you on every hunt. RIP

Offline jyerxa

• Frontiersman
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2013, 08:09:17 AM »
Soon, soon, to soon. Comes faithful warriors and their rest.  :'(

:salute:

times before with just leather, wool and cotton.

Offline Taco280AI

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2013, 08:10:53 AM »
RIP brother. Was good talking to him about Rucker and flying. Best wishes to his family

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2013, 08:11:04 AM »
It seems like it was just a few days ago I was sending him off with prayers and thanking him for his service.  This is just overwhelming.

DANG Crazysccrd and all of our other members over there.   Be careful.  WE REALLY DO CARE and THANK YOU for what you are doing, eventhough we wish you were home.   

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline pianoman9701

• Mushroom Man
  • Business Sponsor
  • Legend
  • WWC, NRA Life, WFW, NAGR, RMEF, WSB, NMLS #2014743
    • www.facebook.com/johnwallacemortgage
    • Apply for a loan
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2013, 08:13:49 AM »
Aaron's F.O.B. took rockets and he died from wounds sustained in the attack.  Aaron had a 4 year old son and a 2 year old daughter.  He was his sons hero and mine!  He wanted to fly since he was a little boy and he really was living his dream!  It still doesn't even seem real like its just a bad dream.  He flies into Dover on the 25th and I will be there to meet him and bring him home.  He was my best friend and brother.  He was the best man I ever knew.  He stood tall, left his family and life to protect us from the evils of the world so they would never come knocking on our doors.  Looks like I will be chasing elk solo from here on out!  Keep the wind in your face and take it slow brother!  I love you!

BLR, I'm so sorry. we will really miss him around here. I can't imagine you're sense of loss. You don't need to hunt alone and are welcome in our camp any time.
PMan
"Restricting the rights of law-abiding citizens based on the actions of criminals and madmen will have no positive effect on the future acts of criminals and madmen. It will only serve to reduce individual rights and the very security of our republic." - Pianoman

Offline dewandgin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2013, 08:14:08 AM »
Aaron's F.O.B. took rockets and he died from wounds sustained in the attack.  Aaron had a 4 year old son and a 2 year old daughter.  He was his sons hero and mine!  He wanted to fly since he was a little boy and he really was living his dream!  It still doesn't even seem real like its just a bad dream.  He flies into Dover on the 25th and I will be there to meet him and bring him home.  He was my best friend and brother.  He was the best man I ever knew.  He stood tall, left his family and life to protect us from the evils of the world so they would never come knocking on our doors.  Looks like I will be chasing elk solo from here on out!  Keep the wind in your face and take it slow brother!  I love you!

I am at a loss for words. Just god bless

Offline SkookumHntr

• Frontiersman
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2013, 08:14:53 AM »
-Never met him or talked with him and im tearin up :'( RIP Brother!
IBEW89 RMEF MDF CCA

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2013, 08:15:24 AM »
The worst part is he left a few days early and I missed his last call before he shut off his phone.  I emailed him right after and hadn't heard from him. I just checked my email and I had this waiting for me.

Yeah I'll figure out what we need.  Things are pretty comfortable.  I have wifi in my tent.  I have to pay $90 a month for it but *censored* it righ.  So I have internet, and a Afghani prepaid cell phone although they keep shutting off the towers for some reason so it doesn't work at night.  I got to hang out with some green berets yesterday doing a face to face sort of thing since we work with them alot.  And I got to shoot a mini-gun which was attached to a gator side by side.  I got to shoot an MP5, a swoopy ass grenade launcher, a machine gun, a SCAR in 7.62mm, and a Karl Gustave rocket launcher.  Pretty sweet day.  Well sounds like turkey season has begun.  Hope you guys slay a bunch of turkeys. 
Love Aaron.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline jyerxa

• Frontiersman
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2013, 08:18:14 AM »
Is it foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.  Rather we should thank god that such men lived! - George S. Patton

Amen!
times before with just leather, wool and cotton.

Online Karl Blanchard

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Explorer
  • Jonathan_S hunting apparel prostaff
  • Groups: Sitka Gear Fan Boy for LIFE
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2013, 08:19:04 AM »

BLR, I'm so sorry. we will really miss him around here. I can't imagine you're sense of loss. You don't need to hunt alone and are welcome in our camp any time.
PMan
  I really do appreciate that and I appreciate everyones kind words but he was my one and only elk partner and that spot is reserved for Hunter know.  He's 4 so it will be a few years.  I can't even look at my son right now.  All I see is Aaron.
It is foolish and wrong to mourn these men.  Rather, we should thank god that such men lived.  -General George S. Patton

Aaron's Profile:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2875
Aaron's Posts:  http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2875
Aaron's Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/aaron.blanchard.94

Offline haugenna

• Sourdough
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2013, 08:20:40 AM »
Rest in peace.  God bless.

Offline Pathfinder101

• The Chosen YAR
  • Explorer
  • Semper Primus
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2013, 08:22:39 AM »
BLR, thanks for coming on and confirming for us.

Aaron,
Rest in peace brother.  We will miss you, online and in person.  Prayers for your family.
God bless.
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.  That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline iRem

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
we lost one of our own (colockumelk)
« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2013, 08:23:53 AM »
RIP Colockumelk...I truly enjoyed reading his post, and will miss his insight.

Offline Elkaholic daWg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2013, 08:24:21 AM »
May God be bring peace to your family in this horrible time.

I am now 3+ pages in and it is clear that the news is true and awflul! Prayers to you and your family BLR and to CE that he is now able to hunt his (and mine) beloved colockum of old . RIp  colockumelk, Hard to believe I can be this upset and I did not even know the man!
Blue Ribbon Coalition
CCRKBA
SAF
NRA                        
Go DaWgs!!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Springer 2024 Columbia River by WSU
[Today at 08:31:10 AM]

Average by lhrbull
[Today at 07:31:56 AM]

Let’s see your best Washington buck by Pathfinder101