collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Beaver Problem  (Read 4636 times)

Offline 3nails

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
    • Jeff Hinkle
Re: Beaver Problem
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 01:02:11 AM »
Don't see why I can't just shoot him if he's being a nuisance or causing damage.

You can if it is your property and the beaver are causing damage. That is not as easy as you might think though.
 A little story: I was trapping in Oregon out of Newport. I don't remeber how the guy contacted me but I get a call from a guy that had beaver problems. I go to his address and the driveway crossed the creek on the way to his house. Beaver had the dreek dammed and his hay field flooded. I noticed as I crossed the creek a chair attached in a tree along the creek. When I talked to the guy I asked him what the deal with the chair was. He said he would go down every evening and sit in his tree stand 'till dark hopeing to shoot the beaver. I asked how that was working out. He had killed two beaver in something like 300 nights. I think I caught around 24 beaver there over about a two week period.
:chuckle: In the short time I've been trapping one of the biggest surprises to me has been how many beavers can call a relatively small body of water home.
Amadeo
https://www.youtube.com/@3nails337

Instagram    3nails_hinkle

Offline acnewman55

• HWY 2 Hermit
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: Beaver Problem
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 11:27:32 AM »
The problem is in the Lake Wenatchee area.

I'm headed back up there this weekend and will take some photos.  I'm thinking that as the area dries out, perhaps there won't be enough water volume left in the drainage system to support the beaver, and maybe they'll move on.

Otherwise, it's going to be war!

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal