collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Help for Late Archery Elk  (Read 1479 times)

Offline JNB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Tracker
Help for Late Archery Elk
« on: October 08, 2008, 01:27:59 AM »
Hi, I am currently in New Zealand chasing around Red Deer, which they have no season or bag limit on because they consider them pests. However, I am hoping to get my first elk when I get home in December. It looks like the Mt. St. Helens or Yakima areas are the place to be. I am currently trying to decipher the brick that is the book of Washington state hunting regulations and figure what will be open for the late archery season. Does anybody know which Game Management Units have most of the Mt. St. Helens and Yakima herds, or any other areas that might be good in December? or maybe any maps/reading material that might get me going in the right direction? Thanks for any help

Offline NoBark

• Longhunter
Re: Help for Late Archery Elk
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 09:58:25 AM »
If I tie up an elk for you can I go with you to N.Z. next year?

The regs really aren't that hard to read.  As far as intel on herd size and location, I'd call the area biologist.  Looking at harveest stats will tell you how the hunters are spread out and knowing their success rate would lead to some good conclusions too.

Offline Rhinoron247

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: Washington For Wildlife
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 10:02:42 AM »
It's all about the weather. Think Snow and hunt low. 

Offline JNB

• Tracker
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 02:12:44 PM »
Hey, thanks to both of you, I didn't realize that the harvest stats were so well documented until you pointed it out; looks like I'll keep an eye on those and the snow level as the season progresses, and I'll be sure to come back with a report.  Thanks again for helping me out.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal