collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: kamiah id hound hunters  (Read 4113 times)

Offline WA hunter14

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
kamiah id hound hunters
« on: May 18, 2013, 01:28:43 PM »
this winter I'm moving to kamiah Idaho and id like to know more about the area specifically hound hunting, is the any coon in the area? whats the bear cougar bobcat populations like? the danger of losing hounds to wolves? if someone on here knows the area at all id really appreciate pm'ing you for a bit

Offline superdown

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
Re: kamiah id hound hunters
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 01:39:56 PM »
I used to live in kamiah never hound hunted but saw bear and bobcat on french mt. check out beaver slide and the national forest access on crane hill outside kooskia lots of game. if you want some good fishing spots pm me. also can't beat the lumberjack burger and tots at the woodlot in ahsahka outside of orofino at the base of dworshack.

Offline HookedOnQuack

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Scout
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 02:16:26 PM »
i deer hunt in that general area and have seen a few coons but not alot but the cougar population is pretty good especially now that the wolves have moved in and most of the hound guys refuse to run their dogs for risk of losing them. we generally go the beginning of Nov and 4-5 years ago you could hear hounds every morning from the stand but i dont think i have even heard a single hound the last 3 years so yeah the wolves are EVERYWHERE

Offline bearpaw

• Family, Friends, Outdoors
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Legend
  • "Rather Be Cougar Huntin"
    • http://www.facebook.com/DaleDenney
    • Bearpaw Outfitters
  • Groups: NRA, SCI, F4WM, NWTF, IOGA, MOGA, CCOC, BBB, RMEF, WSTA, WSB
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 04:26:14 AM »
lots of wolves in many areas, keep bells on every dog and do not run in areas with fresh wolf sign....  :twocents:
Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights. Support all user groups & quit losing opportunity!

http://bearpawoutfitters.com Guided Hunts, Unguided, & Drop Camps in Idaho, Montana, Utah, and Wash. Hunts with tags available (no draw needed) for spring bear, fall bear, bison, cougar, elk, mule deer, turkey, whitetail, & wolf! http://trophymaps.com DIY Hunting Maps are also offered

Offline alaskahoundman

• Pilgrim
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 03:49:39 PM »
I used to live in Orofino, which is close to kamiah and guided for george duncan for 10 yrs, its been about 15yrs ago but the hound hunting was good back then, and the wolves were just moving in. french mt saddle was one of the first places i ever saw wolf tracks, it was during lion season. i liked the country around headquarters  and lost hat saddle. that being said a lot can change in 15 yrs. I think Travis regear still lives in Orofino. He would be a good one to ask about the wolf issues, or renee anderson of headquarters idaho, I'm sure i still have their numbers around somewhere. they would know all about the wolf situations,  but i looks like there are people on here who have lived there more recently than i have. If i was gonna move back to idaho it would be around  the garden valley area. thats just my 2 cents, for what its worth.

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 03:53:10 PM »
I have a friend that lives in Stites and loves the hunting.
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal