collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Few gobblers  (Read 3289 times)

Offline wastickslinger

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Frontiersman
Few gobblers
« on: August 28, 2007, 11:18:55 AM »
MuleySniper and I each killed a decent Gobbler this year. I started turkey hunting when I was going to school at WSU about 7 years ago. I have been addicted ever since. I decided to get Sniper addicted this year. Sucker shot two in two days. I'd be willing to bet he won't miss a turkey season any more.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 11:27:05 AM by wastickslinger »

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
Re: Few gobblers
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 11:58:24 AM »
sweet...we got shut out this year but did well last year.
good pics...thanks for sharing.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Shadow Cat

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 05:56:45 AM »
Nice birds.     :brew:

Offline Choclab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
  • Stubby
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 02:50:52 PM »
My ass got skunked this year to Jackelope. I went a little too early, it was all run & gun. The birds would shock gobble, but when you would try and talk to them they would move on out. Oh well, there is always next year.

Nice birds by the way  :boxin: ............and no....I ain't jelouse.....aahah
Eastsider stuck on the wetside......

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 05:22:52 PM »
we spent 3 days chasing them damn birds before we quit and went after sheds. they would shock gobble, we'd get set up and they would never come in. we were into birds all day every day and...maybe i just don't know what the hell i was doing....., but i called them in last year no problem. 2 of us killed 4 birds in 2 days last year. seemed that other people were having the same problems as us. i was hunting with a buddy that wanted kill one with his bow, so that slowed us down a little bit, but shank couldn't find them either.

:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal