collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: The angle of the Dangle according to today's rangefinders.  (Read 5302 times)

Offline N7XW

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
Re: The angle of the Dangle according to today's rangefinders.
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 12:01:27 AM »
You can easily make up a little cheat sheet chart, laminate it and keep it in your pocket if you don't want to get a new rangefinder.

Anyone remember their trig?   :chuckle:

Offline Maligator

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 12:30:17 AM »
You can easily make up a little cheat sheet chart, laminate it and keep it in your pocket if you don't want to get a new rangefinder.

Anyone remember their trig?   :chuckle:
:hello:

Sin = opposite / hypotenuse... cos = adjacent / hypotenuse... tan = opposite / adjacent.  :yike:

A2 + B2 = C2  ;)
NAHC Life Member

Offline 2MANY

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 08:45:02 AM »

A new range finder is sounding better all the time.
What is the smallest, best, angle compensating, bow hunting model out there?

Offline Special T

• Truth the new Hate Speech.
  • Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Legend
  • Make it Rain!
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
    • Silver Arrow Bowmen
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2013, 11:43:28 AM »
IMO the nikon rifle hunter. WHY? its really simple has 2 modes andgle comp on  or off. why the rifle? because it is 50$ more. effective to about 500yards about my shooting limit. the archers choice is only 100 yard. I belive that it breaks the yards down by half increments for the archery one but that don't matter as much to me. Too many option on a ranger finder IMO is just more to go wrong. Simple = better.  :twocents:
In archery we have something like the way of the superior man. When the archer misses the center of the target, he turns round and seeks for the cause of his failure in himself. 

Confucius

Offline hughjorgan

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2013, 06:27:06 PM »

A new range finder is sounding better all the time.
What is the smallest, best, angle compensating, bow hunting model out there?

Can't go wrong with opti logic. Smallest range finder on the market, has red led numbers and is angle compensating for only around 260 dollars.

http://www.amazon.com/Opti-Logic-Micro-II-Laser-Rangefinder/dp/B004I0C4K2/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1372901095&sr=1-1&keywords=range+finders

Offline shadowless_nite

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2013, 11:13:03 PM »
IMO the nikon rifle hunter. WHY? its really simple has 2 modes andgle comp on  or off. why the rifle? because it is 50$ more. effective to about 500yards about my shooting limit. the archers choice is only 100 yard. I belive that it breaks the yards down by half increments for the archery one but that don't matter as much to me. Too many option on a ranger finder IMO is just more to go wrong. Simple = better.  :twocents:

i would have to agree, I bought the bowhunter model at the sportsman show a few years back and was real happy with it until I reliazed it doesnt go very far and I wanted to sight in my rifle beyond 100yds. Now im kicking myself in the butt for not getting the rifle hunter. One thing I didnt like  that became a problem this year was mine did not want to give me range in light misting rain/fog while hunting in the skokomish area last fall kept giving me 3 or 4yd readings but i figured it was due to laser reflecting back on the mist. Anyways definitely super easy to use.

* Advertisement

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal