collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: August 1st or the 15th or later?  (Read 8492 times)

Offline Evoac05

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Scout
Re: August 1st or the 15th or later?
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 09:24:49 PM »
Have never truly hunted for bear, bear season has always been a reason to pack a rifle while scouting deer/elk. 

:yeah: Except this year I will be taking the time to go after a bear. I have a nice spot that has lots of berries, scat, a few peels, and a bunch of trail cam pics. I plan to pack the foxpro too. Hope to get one this year! Good luck to everyone

Offline Turner89

• WA State Trappers Association
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 10:53:35 PM »
Saw 2 bears first scouting trip out.  Hurry up Thursday.
your killin me i think im scouting a bad area :bash:

They can move around, I've located 9 or 10 different bears in my scouting this year, one spot that held only a few bears last yr is loaded with sign this yr.  another spot that I found 20 to 30 peels and no less than 20 piles of scat on a mile of grade last yr is totally vacant this yr.  Cover lots of ground and look for obvious sign, they probably are just working a little different area this yr.  Dont need to focus so much on actually seeing a bear until season opens, just find the sign so you know where to start :twocents:
:yeah:
" if your a 20 year old and not a liberal, you don't have a heart. If your a 40 year old and not a conservative,  you don't have a brain"

Offline KFhunter

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Legend
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 10:55:43 PM »
September 1st  >:(

Offline WilliamIV

• Tracker
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 02:15:03 AM »
Especially not this guy!
That's really nice bear!

Offline TripleB

• Hunter
  • Romans 10: 9-10
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 04:40:05 AM »
Good luck everyone!  :hunter:
Teamsters Local 174

Offline xXLojackXx

• Sourdough
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2013, 07:52:04 AM »
Last year it was 93 degrees opening day where I hunt in the cascades. Good thing I shot my bear at 7am otherwise it would spoil. I'm thinking I might wait until after archery elk this year for bears.

Offline Gamehunter034

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scout
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 04:06:59 AM »
h2O that bear is a brute!! A friend of mine posted she was on a "walk" yesterday and ran into a bear....tried to get the coordinates but she declined to offer them up lol...Gonna hit my normal spots this year near Darrington, hopefully this is my yr to get on one! Good luck to everyone this year!
"A bad day hunting or fishing is better than a good day at work"

Offline Moose1134

• Tracker
  • Groups: NRA
August 1st or the 15th or later?
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2013, 08:08:09 AM »
I've been scouting 3-4 times a week for the last 3 weeks or so and been seeing lots of fresh sign but still haven't got  eyes on anything I hope I have better timing Thursday.

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2013, 08:17:07 AM »
h2O that bear is a brute!! A friend of mine posted she was on a "walk" yesterday and ran into a bear....tried to get the coordinates but she declined to offer them up lol...Gonna hit my normal spots this year near Darrington, hopefully this is my yr to get on one! Good luck to everyone this year!

Yep....he is a shooter indeed. He came into the nook and found what he was looking for....a muture sow that had just run off her two cubs. I've got him and her on cam hanging out making what I assume was some sweet bear love. He was fond of eating and grazing on oats and feed plot grasses that I had put down. Another site member...Eldplanko was in the same spot the day before trying to fill a spring tag. The brute hung out for about 5 days or so....I'm planning on going back with my bow and doing some calling....see if he is still around.

Good luck to those as well this coming season...looking forward to some additions to the 2013 bear thread.

Offline MtnMuley

• Site Sponsor
  • Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Old Salt
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2013, 08:22:06 AM »
I've got him and her on cam hanging out making what I assume was some sweet bear love. He was fond of eating and grazing on oats and feed plot grasses that I had put down. Another site member...Eldplanko was in the same spot the day before trying to fill a spring tag.

Seriously?  Wouldn't that be hunting over bait?  I could careless what you guys do, but you might want to rethink this comment. :dunno:

Offline h20hunter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Legend
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2013, 08:24:33 AM »
Nope....the oats were put down months before....the all sprouted and grew up about a foot tall.....Look at the pic...see the taller grass that has a different texture...my pink flamingos are all but hidden...they loved eating the grass and would dig up the roots.

Offline oneshot12

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Longhunter
  • Groups: WSMA ,NMLRA, NRA
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2013, 01:07:55 PM »
Buddy has a couple running around on his property  in Stevens county  planing to see what we can do with the 54 cal muzzle loaders  they already tore up his ground blind so hes ready to put bear meat in the freezer   

Offline CAMPMEAT

• CAMPMEAT
  • Explorer
  • I love my gun rights in Arizona..
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2013, 01:36:21 PM »
I've got him and her on cam hanging out making what I assume was some sweet bear love. He was fond of eating and grazing on oats and feed plot grasses that I had put down. Another site member...Eldplanko was in the same spot the day before trying to fill a spring tag.

Seriously?  Wouldn't that be hunting over bait?  I could careless what you guys do, but you might want to rethink this comment. :dunno:

Not if you're feeding the deer. That's straight from our retired game wardens mouth.  :yike:
I couldn't care less about what anybody says..............

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal