collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: birdwatchers on release sites  (Read 12322 times)

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
birdwatchers on release sites
« on: August 03, 2013, 06:44:28 PM »
Ran across this interesting animal rights group with a definate anti-hunting agenda. They never give up

http://friendsofeideroad.org/index.php 
NATURE HAS A WAY

"All good things must come to an end"

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

Offline dreamunelk

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Sourdough
Re: birdwatchers on release sites
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 07:12:37 PM »
I hope the guy's that live in that area are aware of this.  Thanks for posting.  I will forward to others.

Offline popeshawnpaul

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Frontiersman
    • http://www.facebook.com/smccully
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 07:41:23 PM »
I responded to the guy that created this website.  He is a local bird photographer.  Check out my response and the comments from it.  I am also a photographer and have utilized the site for both purposes but I don't agree with this guy.

http://friendsofeideroad.org/blog/blog_index.php?pid=3&p=2&search=#comments

Offline Johnb317

• johnb317
  • Longhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 08:38:46 PM »
I posted a reply there as well.... we'll see if it gets past the administrator.

Mentioned that we are the Canaries in the coal mine, that Pittman-Robertson Act, Fed Duck Stamp money etc. is directly earmarked.  That a Hunter (T Roosevelt) Created the National Park System.
Also mentioned Ducks Unlimited was started by hunters to protect breeding grounds in Canada.

If you read the guys comments.... he's anti-hunting  nothing else.
Old enough to know better.
Young enough to go for it.

Offline Johnb317

• johnb317
  • Longhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 08:46:49 PM »
Read the post again:
In 2006, there were 71 million wildlife watchers in the United States, 2.33 million of which were in the state of Washington. Licensed hunters in Washington state numbered 270,00 for that year. (2006 is latest reporting year)

The 2.33 million wildlife watchers in Washington are responsible for the state's ranking of 11th in the nation. They also spent $1.5 billion in retail sales, $204 million in state and local taxes and $206 million in federal taxes as well as a total multiplier effect of $2.5billion. There were also 25,798 jobs and $864 million paid in salaries, wages and business owner income related to wildlife watchers.

***** Wildlife Watchers *****   Where do they get these numbers???   is there a wildlife watcher license I don't know about??  When we're scouting are we then 'Wild Life Watchers'?

Old enough to know better.
Young enough to go for it.

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 08:48:11 PM »
Good for you popeshawnpaul and  Johnb:tup: You presented some very good common sense logic,but unfortunately these people seem to be blind to it. Sickening how they can keep chipping away at these popular recreational hunting areas.

NATURE HAS A WAY

SEARCHING FOR TRUTH, SEARCHING FOR PURITY, something that doesn't really exist anymore..

Offline j_h_nimrod

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 11:28:51 PM »
I love the figure on the home page that says non-hunters contribute 1.7 BILLION to outdoor activities while hunters contribute 1.5 MILLION. Bull excrement!  Traditionally non-hunters contribute very little.  There may be more of them but how much does your average granola munching tree hugging weekend nature wanderer contribute compared to the average hunter?  Very little. I think the Eide Road Idiot transposed the values. As your average hunting taxpayer I know I contribute the same as every other hunting and non-hunting taxpayer plus all the other user specific fees associated with hunting (licenses, cost of weapons and other ancillary equipment, etc.).  I wish we could get away with harassing anti-hunters the way they harass us, but know we (most of us) would not anyway.

Offline fethrduster

• Scout
    • Mark Larson Gun Art
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 09:31:19 AM »
This gets so tiresome.  Humans have been hunting since there have been humans.  The idea that it can be "outlawed" is preposterous.  It's a major part of our DNA and always will be.

Offline grundy53

• Global Moderator
  • Explorer
  • Learn something new everyday.
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 09:39:51 AM »
I responded to her claim that the land was paid for with federal dollars (all tax payers) I explained that those federal dollars were from the pittman-robertson act.
Molôn Labé
Can you skin Grizz?

The opinions expressed in my posts do not represent those of the forum.

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 11:48:14 AM »
If you read the guys comments.... he's anti-hunting  nothing else.
He sounds pretty positive that this area will be closed for recreational hunting in the near future. Which area will they work on next? ALL hunters from all areas need to be aware of these groups and what we're up against. They will not stop until all hunting in Washington state is banned. We as hunters need to stand up more and put an end to this non-sense,starting with this example :twocents:
NATURE HAS A WAY

Offline TVHunts

• Past Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+56)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: NRA-RSO,RMEF,DU, Marysville Rifle Club
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 07:42:36 PM »
I responded to the guy that created this website.  He is a local bird photographer.  Check out my response and the comments from it.  I am also a photographer and have utilized the site for both purposes but I don't agree with this guy.

Very well done Pope!  He didn't have an arguement and, couldn't argue with you.  He just can't can't past his need to end hunting, one little place at a time....
MAGA

Hey Slobbering JOE,

STOP the freaking INVASION

Offline huntingfool7

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: huntingfool7
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 08:45:00 PM »
Listed on the site as useful contact info-

Useful contact information:

Loren Brokaw
Loren.Brokaw@dfw.wa.gov
Restoration Projects Coordinator
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
16018 Mill Creek Blvd
Mill Creek, WA 98012
Office: (425) 775 – 1311 ext. 105
Cell: (425) 697 – 0687

Offline AspenBud

• Sourdough
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 10:10:16 AM »
I'm getting rather tired of dealing with the anti hunting crowd.

From a wildlife conservation standpoint there is no group of people who have paid more for wildlife conservation and habitat than hunters. Every firearm and sporting good you buy has a tax on it thanks to the Pittman Robertson Act and many of the people who enjoy the fruits of that while hiking, biking, and wildlife watching HAVE NOT PAID A DIME INTO IT.

If anything these release sites need to exist to ensure that money keeps coming because fewer hunters = fewer funds for wildlife conservation...and the state of hunting in Washington is about as dismal as it can get. Less than 300,000 hunters to 7,000,000 people in the state is just flat out bad. Every opportunity to hunt that is taken away lowers that number further.

The thing a lot of anti hunting people fail to understand is without wildlife, there is no hunting. Hunters are intrinsically conservationists.

Offline singleshot12

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
  • WWA,PF
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 03:21:30 PM »
Less than 300,000 hunters and probabely only 300 hundred of them actually get off their butts write letters and show up at meetings :bash: We as a whole "the hunter" are making the anti-hunter agenda very easy for them. I'm ashamed to say we are letting it happen. So really the only ones who deserve to bitch and complain are the ones who actually tried to do something about it.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 03:28:26 PM by singleshot12 »
NATURE HAS A WAY

Offline AspenBud

• Sourdough
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 03:44:16 PM »
Less than 300,000 hunters and probabely only 300 hundred of them actually get off their butts write letters and show up at meetings :bash: We as a whole "the hunter" are making the anti-hunter agenda very easy for them. I'm ashamed to say we are letting it happen. So really the only ones who deserve to bitch and complain are the ones who actually tried to do something about it.

You're absolutely right.

It's more than that. There isn't a lot going on to introduce more people to hunting.

Some of it also falls on parents. I know guys who spend more time taking their kids to baseball than they do in a field chasing birds behind a dog or in the woods hunting deer. A number of those guys like to hunt but for whatever reason seldom, if ever, take their kids hunting or even fishing and the culture is being lost as a result.

It sucks.

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

Let’s see your best Washington buck by high_hunter
[Yesterday at 10:31:08 PM]

Bearpaw Season - Spring 2024 by actionshooter
[Yesterday at 09:43:51 PM]

Walked a cougar down by MADMAX
[Yesterday at 08:31:53 PM]

Which 12” boat trailer tires? by timberhunter
[Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM]

Lowest power 22 round? by JakeLand