collapse

Advertisement

Author Topic: Best car camping?  (Read 12815 times)

Offline timberghost72

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sourdough
  • Groups: Seattle Rifle & Pistol
Re: Best car camping?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 07:55:47 PM »
I know there are some primitive sites along the mt loop highway outside of granite falls.  been a few years since I've been there.  they are right along the road....

:yeah:

Some beautiful spots along the rivers there! If I ever move back I will definitely be camping around there a few times.

I myself don't like campgrounds either. I don't like the noise or being close to everyone else. I went camping a few weeks ago and heard those same drunk a-holes up talking adult conversations and there were kids in our camp. Other than needing to bring more water I'm not sure what there is to miss about those campgrounds. I hate the toilets myself. They smell like hell and are disgusting to even look in. I'm not sure where a campground exists that had running water and a bathroom but not a lot of other campers b

:yeah: x2
Wiley Creek is a big group site that you can reserve through the ranger station. No one else there except your group. No neighbors and its right on the Stilly river. Room for multiple RV's. Not sure about bathrooms but they do have outhouses. The nicer ones I think. There are a few other group sites along the MLH also. Lots of hiking around too if you want to do that.

Offline turkeyfeather

• Political & Covid-19 Topics
  • Old Salt
  • Groups: NWTF
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 08:00:57 PM »
Kettle Falls campground is a good family spot.
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is who you actually are while your reputation is merely who others think you are.

Offline stevemiller

• Frontiersman
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 08:30:13 PM »
Banks Lake has some nice spots in that area up around Osborne Bay, next to the golf course. The Tucannon Valley has a lot of nice campsites through out. I also like the Sinlahekin Valley, beautiful country up there and lots of camping and lakes from Concunully all the way to Palmer Lake. Haven't been up that way in a long time. I should make it a point to get back there! Mostly it is Primitive camping though. In the Tucannon you can stay at the Last Resort. Nice little place with a general store and the bathrooms with showers. The MacArthurs are good folks too!(owners)
This i agree with completely,awsome fishing,clean sites,the wives will have no probs. with these camping sites.even a restraunt and lodge
You must first be honest with yourself,Until then your just lying to everyone.

"The only one arguing is the one that is wrong"

Offline sled

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Frontiersman
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2013, 08:32:30 PM »
 :tup:
I have a neighbor who goes to Deception Pass state park every year.  They seem to have a good time.  Never actually camped there so I can't vouch for the noise level... 

http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selectedpark=deception%20pass&subject=all
really the only noise you will have is the sound of freedom as air station whidbey island is not that far away and the flight pattern takes them over the campground.

Offline jeffro

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Longhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2013, 09:18:45 PM »
Mar Dons is usually pretty nice. Rented their cabins a couple times. Never tent camped there so no review on that area. Or about 15 miles south in Warden there is Sage Hills RV park and golf course. Swimming pool, flush toilets, showers and restaurant on site.
One shot. One kill!

Offline smdave

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
    • My Photobooth
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2013, 09:38:14 PM »
Our family really likes Sun Cove Resort in Oroville. The tent sites are huge and spaced well, pool is nice small store dock and boat launch.

http://thesuncoveresort.com/

« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:58:31 PM by smdave »
When I pass, do not let my wife sell the guns for what I told her they cost.

Offline jackelope

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Legend
  • Groups: jackelope
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 09:43:49 PM »
The lake itself was great. Virtually no crowd on the little beaches. The state park, and trying to get some sleep, was a crappy mess. Maybe I just look at it differently now that I have kids. I really didn't need to hear the whole story about the drunk lady's friend and her new trach tube at 2am believe it or not.
:fire.:

" In today's instant gratification society, more and more pressure revolves around success and the measurement of one's prowess as a hunter by inches on a score chart or field photos produced on social media. Don't fall into the trap. Hunting is-and always will be- about the hunt, the adventure, the views, and time spent with close friends and family. " Ryan Hatfield

My posts, opinions and statements do not represent those of this forum

Offline xd2005

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Sourdough
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2013, 09:49:05 PM »
Battle Ground State Park seems nice. They have some walk-in sites that are a bit more remote. They also have a little store, restrooms, and showers. They have the lake and a few trails around it. It may be full...

PacifiCorp also has a number of cam grids along the Lewis River reservoirs (Swift, Yale, and Merwin) that look nice.

Granted, these are all in SW WA.

I've also spent time at Dosewalips State Park in Brinnon. It's riverside, right by the Hood Canal. They too have restrooms and showers.

Offline snowpack

• Frontiersman
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, 09:52:54 PM »
Might try Bogachiel State Park outside Forks.  Other than elk season I've not seen it crowded.  It is next to the highway, so it gets some traffic noise (logging trucks).  The campgrounds with facilities on the coast and Hood Canal tend to be kind of crowded in summer.

Offline Whitpirate

• Business Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Sourdough
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 10:00:15 PM »
We love Bumping Lake.  Showers available at the marina across the bridge.... but we've always just used bio-soap and hit the lake.  Big sites, decent fishing, boat rentals for pretty cheap at the marina too.  Bumpy as road out there though. 

Offline CAM38

• Tracker
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 04:07:41 AM »
I love the penninsula, some of my favorites are Staircase, Fort Flagler or Fort Warden, Dosewallips, and the Elwha.

Offline Skyvalhunter

• Washington For Wildlife
  • Explorer
The only man who never makes a mistake, is the man who never does anything!!
The further one goes into the wilderness, the greater the attraction of its lonely freedom.

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2013, 06:13:08 AM »
Elkins lake resort on Priest Lake.   It will cost you a bit.   Cabins on the lake, fine dining at the restuarant, beachfront on the lake.   Seperate bedrooms and fouton in front of fireplace. Kitchens in the cabins.  This time of year you have the lake and berry picking, fall you have moose and in winter, MEGA skiing and snowmobiling.   Google it!  The last time I looked they had photos of the different cabins etc.   Might be sold out.  A must to have reservations.   Food was exquisite at the lodge.  COSTLY, but exquisite.   Wives will be happy and kids have the beach.  Probably can rent a boat nearby for the lake.  If you have a boat  :tup:

Offline huntnnw

• Non-Hunting Topics
  • Old Salt
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2013, 06:39:27 AM »
Stayed there once..cabins were outrageous..something like $3k a week

Offline boneaddict

• Site Sponsor
  • Administrator
  • Legend
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 06:56:50 AM »
I got it for $800 a week and thought that was crazy. :chuckle:   Great experience with the Mrs though, and sometimes thats priceless.   Cabins are big enough to split with two couples and sleeping bag the kids out in the living room. 

* Advertisement

* Recent Topics

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal